GreenThumb J's White Widow Clone Run RTF/DWC

Hey everyone, i have a quick update before i go do some work in the tents.

I know I said my update was coming a couple days ago, but i just didn't get around to the laptop
I will also upload some pictures shortly after i'm done my tent work too.

Today is day 63 of flower for the WW and day 45 for the clones in the 4x4 tray.

I moved a bunch of plants into flower the other day, and now have only 5 plants total in veg in the 2x4 trays in my veg tent.

The BC Sweet Tooth was chopped as it was a Male. Journal over i think. but i will figure that out later.

I just germinated two beans of a new strain i'm going to grow. Its Pineapple Chunk from Barney's Farm. They both cracked within 24 hours of being put into paper towel. They will be sown most likely tomorrow or the next day depending on how long tap roots are.

I will be starting a new journal on the Chunk, as well as my Girl Scout Cookies that will be going into flower in about a month

Anyways, i am off to go do some tent work and PVC cutting and fitting, i will be back shortly with a whole ton of photos!

Thanks buddy!

I'm going to do that update i was talking about, as well as make a new video in about 30 mins.

I made a video a few days ago, but my iphone cable broke so i couldn't transfer the video to my laptop. I've since got a new one so i can transfer files from phone to laptop... like my videos!

I've made a few adjustments in the flower tent and i am currently adding a light right now.

I'm also ordering a 20 pack of Boveda 2-way 62% humidity packs for curing my finished product.

Having optimal RH% in your curing containers i think is very important to maintaining the scent of your cannabis and not have it smell like dried grass clippings from your front yard.

I will be back in a bit with a large picture update and another video.

Hey :420: GreenThumb J is finally back with this update i've promised you all for almost a week now.

Its a long one with lots of pictures and whole bunch of smileys at the end (which count as images!!) so the update has to be two posts!

Today is Halloween, and while i predicted that i would be chopping the White Widow today, I am going to take it about 4 or 5 more days to make sure that i have fully flushed out all the stored nutrients from the plant. I want clean burning product that doesn't taste harsh like synthetic fertilizers.

Like i mentioned in one of my last posts, last night I ordered a pack of 20 Boveda 62% 2-way humidity packs. I received an email from Scamazon that they were shipped out this morning! Should arrive at my place Thursday. More like, Canada post (or whatever delivery service) will just post a sticky note on the front door for me to find when i go walk my dog, then i will have to pick up the next day at the post office.

Later in the week, i will be buying 12 1L mason jars for when the WW is dried and ready for jars. I am making sure that my product is properly dried and cured this time around. Theres nothing worse than spending all the time and money to grow some product, only to ruin it by not curing it properly.

I made the mistake of buying jars that I thought were air tight. Which i found that they weren't when it came time to smell and smoke my product after 2 weeks of curing.

This time, i have proper mason jars that i know are air tight, as well as some 62% boveda humidity packs to ensure that my product cures properly, and retains the amazing aroma of this bud.

With the amount of time that the humidity packs will be used to cure the WW, that will give the WW clones time to finish, be harvested and dry. I will then transfer the humidity packs, providing they are still usable, to the new jars to cure the clones, as the cured WW goes into vacuum sealed bags to retain freshness to then be given to patients.

So enough talk about that, lets get down to the ridiculous amount of pictures i have. Might even need to do this in two posts.

What to start with. Lets start with the WW thats about to be chopped in a few days

Today marks day 65, and is about 30/70% amber/cloudy trichome ratio. I predict by harvest day that to be closer to 40% amber.

Just an assortment of pictures really:

GEDC05401.JPG
GEDC05111.JPG
GEDC05101.JPG
GEDC05081.JPG
GEDC05072.JPG
GEDC05061.JPG
GEDC05041.JPG

A picture of the thick stalk on this plant. The air pump beside it is 4" wide:
GEDC05091.JPG

Now on to the WW clones.

I put 3 of the 4 clones into flower on the 14th of September, and they are almost ready. I estimate probably another week and a half to two weeks before i flush them for 1-2 weeks before they get harvested at 30%+ amber trichome ratio. The 4th clone went into flower 7 days later, and will most likely be harvested about one week later.

Pictures!

Clone #1:
GEDC05142.JPG
GEDC05122.JPG
GEDC05132.JPG

Clone #2, Smallest of the 3 to finish first:
GEDC05152.JPG
GEDC05161.JPG
GEDC05172.JPG

Clone #3 of first 3:
GEDC05181.JPG
GEDC05193.JPG

And a quick shot of the whole 4x4 tray:
GEDC05202.JPG

Last night i added a 3rd 600w light into the tent. I did not have an HPS bulb to put in, so currently theres a MH bulb in the fixture. Its also an open fixture, not an aircooled one, but it isn't raising the temperatures too much cause the exhaust fan i have is pretty powerful. This light is currently over top of the random plants i had from the seeds made in my first grow.

I lost one smaller plant during the moving of them. So here they are.

In their old spot first:
GEDC05211.JPG
GEDC05413.JPG
GEDC05423.JPG

Now in their new spot, under the MH light (on 12/12 light schedule):
GEDC05452.JPG
GEDC05443.JPG

Electrical area for MH timer, water pump timer for Clone tray and air pump for Widow DWC bucket and clone tray reservoir and a clip on fan moving heat from directly under the light:
GEDC05462.JPG

And an look at how the tent is looking now:
GEDC05433.JPG
GEDC05471.JPG

A couple days ago i started brewing tea. Today its being used. This is what your tea should look like when brewing it:
GEDC05481.JPG

Mine was actually had even more microbial foam on the top when i went to pour it on my plants this morning.

My bubble cloner is awesome. Its far surpassing my expectactions. I made cuts last week on wednesday morning at 3am (Tuesday night still for me haha) and these are the pictures i took last night.

First the cloner if no one has seen it yet:
GEDC05283.JPG

And some shots of the stalks taken last night, 8 days from cutting:
GEDC05322.JPG
GEDC05312.JPG

That was clones of WW.. I have a Girl Scout Cookie clone that is rooting as well. Lady GT has an OG Kush clone in there that is taking its time.

I also have 9 clones (now 8, i broke one of the GSC clones) in rockwool in my clone dome, sitting underneath Lady GT's OG's. They are looking not too bad.. only cut them maybe 4 days ago i think:
GEDC05271.JPG

I've moved the last of my old WW clones off to the side to make space in the 2x4 trays for the other plants.
GEDC05252.JPG

Currently i only have 4 plants in the 2x4 trays. Lady GT's 2x OG kush from Dinafem, and my 2x Girl Scout Cookies from BC Bud Depot

Both of which i have taken a few cuts from and plan to train them all properly and grow them under the T5 light to prevent the stretching that these plants had early in veg sitting under a 600w MH with taller plants stealing the usable light beside the sprouts.

These photos were taken when there was a tray each full of plants.. about a week ago or so with probably about 7 plants each tray:
GEDC04442.JPG
GEDC04452.JPG

And here is the two trays now, with only 4 plants in there:
GEDC05221.JPG
GEDC05261.JPG

Not too much difference!

I also had to remake both of the PVC drip systems for each tray. They now only water 2 plants each:
GEDC05242.JPG
GEDC05232.JPG

Also, a few nights ago, i went into the tent, and removed both the exhaust fan for the tent, as well as the exhaust fan for the CoolTubes, and put them up top, above the tent to allow me to move my current set of lights closer to the one side for when i have the RDWC system in the tent:

GEDC05372.JPG
GEDC05383.JPG
GEDC05542.JPG
GEDC05551.JPG

I am also getting prepared to build my RDWC. In preparation for that, i have painted my lids to make them light proof as well as drawn out a floor plan of how i will have the tent set up once it is up and running.

RDWC Tote lids. What they looked like originally, yellow topped lids:
GEDC01696.JPG

Their transformation process:
GEDC04913.JPG
GEDC04943.JPG
GEDC04953.JPG
GEDC0503.JPG

PART 2 on next post... Please continue on!

Okay, here we go, PART 2!

My plan for the 8x8 tent, once the WW is harvested:

I will actually have 4 lights in the tent, not 3. Each set of 2 lights will have their own exhaust fan for cooling. Once the WW clones are done in the 4x4 table, all the smaller plants that i have under the MH currently will go in there to finish off, then i am taking out the table and will have 2 Capn-Style flower set ups with 4'x3.5' scrogs over them, with a 600w HPS over each plant. Eventually, the whole tent will just be a massive 4 piece scrog, with a small path down the middle to the RDWC!

Heres the drawing of how it will be until the WW clones and the small plants finish off.. Except instead of an LED like pictured in blue shading, it will be another 600w HPS:
GEDC04893.JPG

Lastly for this update, i took a small branch after 7 days of flushing. It looks really nice. I trimmed it up and forgot to take pictures of the trichomes last night. I dont think it will be dried by the time i harvest the rest of the plant, plus i want to give it a good 2 week cure before actually sampling any. It was just for the purpose of the update. The pictures were taken on my marble counter top, so excuse the flash.. without flash it didn't look as good:

GEDC05492.JPG
GEDC05512.JPG
GEDC05522.JPG
GEDC05532.JPG

**NOTE**

I HAD a video that i was going to post, but i fell asleep/forgot about it the next day or two, so i decided to make another one last night. Well i was pretty stoned and forgot to put the phone on airplane mode, so 2 times my video was cut off at like 10mins by a phone call from a patient. By the time i met them, the grow box and LED tent were off for the night, so i said to hell with it and would make another one tonight.

So whats what i'm going to do, when i get home from running some errands, and the 8x8 tent turns on for its day at 8pm, i will make another video, with Airplane mode on showing everyone in video, and some explanation, just whats going on here in GreenThumb J's apartment. But i guess thats what this update was for!!

Thats all for this update! Sorry everyone who was waiting.

I really made sure that it was a good one!

Hope everyone is nicely medicated!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYONE!

:party::cheer::high-five::cool::tokin::passitleft::bigtoke::thumb::yahoo::rollit::party:

Now that's what I call an update. Great job GT I always learn something new here.

Now that's what I call an update. Great job GT I always learn something new here.

Thanks 60.

I actually have a bit of bad news.. not the worst.. my apartment didn't burn down and i haven't lost any plants.. YET

Just a minor... bump in the road if you will :loopy:

I will update in a very short bit as i have to wash some dishes. My damn dishwasher doesnt release the detergent tab during the wash cycle, so my shit isn't coming out properly clean. I'm a chef, so i cant bring myself to use plates that aren't cleaned properly!

First world problems, right?

Okay.. against what i said in the previous update...

I am chopping the White Widow tonight!

I am clearing out the LED tent right now and putting them into the Flower tent. I know that the timing is a little off for these plants, but whatever, should be okay!

I will update later tonight with the harvest pics!

Sorry everyone i have been slacking on the update.

It is taking me much longer than i anticipated to trim the White Widow. Mainly cause i have been doing it by myself, whereas i had Lady GT's help when we harvested the grow box.

I should have it all trimmed up by tonight/tomorrow

My drying tent is absolutely perfect. RH% stays at 62% and the temp is about 20 degrees in there.

Will give the buds a nice slow dry, then into the jars for a nice long cure.

That sample branch i took on halloween was done last night, i trimmed it off the stem and put it into a jar. It looks really good once its dried. Rather than the damp wet looking bright green it is when you harvest!

My Boveda humidity packs will arrive on thursday, just in time for the Widow to go into jars for the long cure!

I will be back later today or tomorrow with the harvest photos!

That stalk is huge wow!!! + reps

Sorry everyone i have been slacking on the update.

It is taking me much longer than i anticipated to trim the White Widow. Mainly cause i have been doing it by myself, whereas i had Lady GT's help when we harvested the grow box.

I should have it all trimmed up by tonight/tomorrow

My drying tent is absolutely perfect. RH% stays at 62% and the temp is about 20 degrees in there.

Will give the buds a nice slow dry, then into the jars for a nice long cure.

That sample branch i took on halloween was done last night, i trimmed it off the stem and put it into a jar. It looks really good once its dried. Rather than the damp wet looking bright green it is when you harvest!

My Boveda humidity packs will arrive on thursday, just in time for the Widow to go into jars for the long cure!

I will be back later today or tomorrow with the harvest photos!

I trust the Boveda for maintaining humidity after the cure. I still recommend burping jars for the first month of cure.

I trust the Boveda for maintaining humidity after the cure. I still recommend burping jars for the first month of cure.

I plan to burp and sweat my buds daily for at least the first 3 weeks

That stalk is huge wow!!! + reps

Thank you sir!. My next few runs that i journal on will be something pretty awesome.

Especially my RDWC that i am going to do with Cannabis 1 here on the forum.

Speaking of which, once this harvest is done, i have to get that RDWC system built cause the Widow clones will be ready in 3-4 weeks from now which should be when i start that journal

OKAY EVERYONE!

i am currently sweating my buds in a couple large, airtight containers before i put them into jars.

The drying process is done, and last time, i would have left them to dry for another 12+ hours or so, but i'm not going to let them get too dry like last run.

With that being said, i haven't completely finished trimming up the last 3 branches and half of the popcorn buds.

I currently have 200g sitting in the containers sweating, with probably about another ounce left to be put into a container to sweat.

this isn't the final total weight, but the estimated weight is looking to be about 9-10 zips. Which beats my last harvest in the grow box with 6 plants by at least 2 zips.. and only from one plant!

My WW clones are about 3-4 weeks away before they are hanging in the drying tent as well, and i'm estimating an even larger harvest from those, although thats from 4 plants. My estimation for the WW clones in the 4x4 table is about 12-14 zips from all 4 plants

I have some shitty news on the grow box.. I had to cut off a top cola at the beginning of last week due to some bud rot, and it looks like a second cola is coming off tomorrow too.

If the rot continues to spread quickly, like mold tends to do, i will have to harvest the plants and clean out the entire box and the immediate area around the growbox. This will put my harvest quite premature, and hinder on the potency

I promise i will come with the harvest update tomorrow with pictures and final dry weight!!

Hey everyone, GreenThumb is back with his final report on the White Widow in DWC i just harvested.

So the final weight is in for the one plant, and the total is 9 zips, just over a half pound for the one plant.

I've started a 2 day flush on the widow clones, then they will get 7-10 days of KoolBloom Dry in the nutrient regiment to bulk and ripen up and produce as much trichomes as they can before harvest.. After the 7-10 days is over, i will start a 7 day flush on them, until i start to see the leaves turn yellow, then they will be harvested!

The grow Box is going to get chopped in about 3 weeks as well, as i have had to cut a second cola off due to Rot. I also do not like the Great White Shark strain that is growing in the box and CANT wait to get rid of it and move onto something else.

MY executive decision is to give the plants in the grow box another week with a fresh reservoir change tomorrow, then a week of lower PPM to ripen up a bit before a 7 day flush @ 5-20ppm which is what my tap water reads. The WW clones should have at least 7 days to fully dry before i harvest the grow box and need the drying space.

SO enough about my plans, and on to the harvest photos!!

The WW before i stripped her of all the branches:
GEDC05612.JPG
GEDC05622.JPG
GEDC05631.JPG

My drying space. Tent RH% was between 56-65% and the temperature stayed at about 20-21c for the entire drying process:
GEDC05672.JPG
GEDC05663.JPG

And a random assortment of pictures of my harvest:
GEDC05763.JPG
GEDC05782.JPG
GEDC05851.JPG
GEDC05753.JPG
GEDC05843.JPG
GEDC05862.JPG
GEDC05902.JPG
GEDC0591.JPG
GEDC05921.JPG
GEDC05932.JPG

I cut all the branches and hung them to dry as i trimmed the plant. Grab a branch, trim it up and put in tent to dry. Grab a new one, start all over again!
GEDC05952.JPG
GEDC05962.JPG
GEDC05973.JPG
GEDC05982.JPG

This was after a few days of drying, some was ready for the jars:
GEDC06244.JPG
GEDC06251.JPG

And my final weights and jarring of the buds with my humidity packs:
GEDC06282.JPG
GEDC06292.JPG
GEDC06312.JPG
GEDC06321.JPG
GEDC06262.JPG

This is only 2 jars worth. I have 5 total:
GEDC06273.JPG

And heres my finished product! All jarred up and curing. Each jar is 2 ounces each except the very left one beside the bowl of buds.. thats only 1 ounce, mostly popcorn buds.
GEDC06412.JPG
GEDC06422.JPG
GEDC06361.JPG
GEDC06351.JPG
GEDC06341.JPG
GEDC06331.JPG
GEDC06442.JPG
GEDC06432.JPG
GEDC0645.JPG

And thats it for this harvest everyone! I will continue this journal until the WW clones and the grow box are also harvested, and then that will be the end of it!

I have 2, possibly 3 new journals that are in the works. One will be my side by side Monster RDWC with Cannabis 1 growing our THC Bombs. The other journal is not started and might possibly just become a blog post once the plants are flowered out, but the plants are about to go into flower in about 2 weeks. That will be on my Girl Scout Cookies.

My second journal was supposed to be on my Pineapple Chunk seeds, but one turned to mush, and the other one, i thought i put back into the baggie, but in fact i left it on the outside, and the seed and taproot dried up. so Pineapple chunk will have to be reordered in the future. In light of this, I decided that i'm going to germinate my Papaya seeds from Nirvana and do a phenotype hunt on this strain. I have a 10 pack of regular seeds that i will germinate all 10 and select the best female specimens and keep the best of those.

I'm just currently looking for some top notch strains that will please the patients that i have here in a very tight and picky market. I have a couple strains in mind, mainly because of their popularity here in BC.

The strains i have chosen to purchase on my next seed order are as follows:

Dinafem - Blue Kush

Medicinal Marijuana Seeds - Tuna Kush

Reeferman Seeds - Pink Kush

Reserva Privada - Strawberry Banana

The kush strains are 3 of my 4 favourite strains i have smoked in the last 10 years. Absolutely knock out stone. the 4th was Banana OG simply called Banana Kush around here when i bought it yeeeaaars ago! But that Banana Kush was my top favourite strain. Tasted like bananas and hashy kush That is why i added the Reserva Privada strain at the end because it has Banana Kush in its lineage.

Anyways, i'm off to enjoy my evening and burp some buds!

I'll make a video in a few days for everyone to show you how things are going!

Stay medicated friends!

I will John. I take it you are interested in the strain.

I am particularly interested in "Crockett's Banana Kush" side of the strain. Serious Seeds' Bubblegum is already a stellar looking plant, but i have had a "banana kush" a few times about 6 or 7 years ago here in BC and it was the best smoke i've ever had. Never seen it since.

Back
Top Bottom