GreenThumb J's 1000W Grow Box "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

re: GreenThumb J's 1000W GrowBox "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

Fantastic variety. I also live in the PNW and I'm just getting started with growing. Keep it green!

thank you neighbour!

May i ask what kind of growing method you are using?

Great Youtube channel! Subbed! Maybe I can transition from Dwc.

Thats what i did.. made the switch from DWC buckets to getting my roots out of water and into a top feed system. My buds are frostier, bigger, and more potent than growing in a DWC bucket.

awesome vid - clean set up - like a pro!

awesome vid - clean set up - like a pro!

Thank you sir!

Tomorrow i'm adding the new lights to the tent!! i will have a total of 2400w of HPS flower power in the tent, and because of rearranging some lights around, i will have a spare 600w ballast and such so now I will be running almost 900w in veg too!

So i was investigating the PK plants in the grow box when i noticed some white powdery mold on both of the plants.

I am going to skip the home remedies and pick up some SM-90 from my local hydro store tomorrow.

Super safe to use on plants, kills mold and mildew and it smells great!

Good afternoon everyone! Actually there isn't too many, but thats okay! the ones that ARE here are the coolest anyways haha.

So heres a quick update before i get back to work in the garden building another flood table stand.

As some of you may read above, i found some white mildew on my two pink kush plants in the grow box. I was pretty baffled since the air flow in the box is amazing, and i also keep the door open to allow additional cool air inside.

So as i was inspecting the 2 plants in the box, and doing some research about White Powdery Mildew (WPM) i thought, hey, maybe its a strain dependent sorta thing. You know some plants are more susceptible to disease and mold and things of the sort. So i got up and walked over to the veg tent, and guess what i saw? WPM on only my pink kush clones!

I checked every single other plant i have in the apartment, veg and flower, and it was only on the Pink kush plants. I wasn't worried about my Papaya's i have in the veg tent as they are resistant to mildew, but my Girl Scout Cookies, White Widow and my OG Kush clones i was worried about. So instead of going with the home remedies that i read about, i went to my local hydro store and picked up a 1gal jug of Nutrilife SM-90, came home and mixed a solution as per the bottles directions, 1 part SM-90 to 5 parts water, and i sprayed the plants and all the surrounding areas in the grow box. I then went into the veg tent and sprayed all the plants and the surrounding areas with the SM-90 solution too..

Now let me tell you, this was a very pleasant experience (strangely) because surprisingly, SM-90 smells of delicious lemonade! SO, i basically was just gallivanting about the house with the spray bottle just misting everything making it smell of yummy lemonade haha.

Not having no Mildew in my house!

2 days after the application, there is no mildew to be seen! There is no need for a second application. I made a total of 10oz of solution and used the entire bottle on every surface i could, and that was enough to eliminate my problem.

Later this afternoon, after i transplant plants and such, i will have a picture update. Also, this week coming up, i will start flowering the 2x clones in the grow box, because if they get any bigger, the scrog will be no good and the plants will grow into the lights again!

Stay tuned everyone!

I read that! she looks yummy, I got 4 great White Sharks that are frosting up like crazy and ready for chop chop in 2 weeks!

Good afternoon everyone! Actually there isn't too many, but thats okay! the ones that ARE here are the coolest anyways haha.

So heres a quick update before i get back to work in the garden building another flood table stand.

As some of you may read above, i found some white mildew on my two pink kush plants in the grow box. I was pretty baffled since the air flow in the box is amazing, and i also keep the door open to allow additional cool air inside.

So as i was inspecting the 2 plants in the box, and doing some research about White Powdery Mildew (WPM) i thought, hey, maybe its a strain dependent sorta thing. You know some plants are more susceptible to disease and mold and things of the sort. So i got up and walked over to the veg tent, and guess what i saw? WPM on only my pink kush clones!

I checked every single other plant i have in the apartment, veg and flower, and it was only on the Pink kush plants. I wasn't worried about my Papaya's i have in the veg tent as they are resistant to mildew, but my Girl Scout Cookies, White Widow and my OG Kush clones i was worried about. So instead of going with the home remedies that i read about, i went to my local hydro store and picked up a 1gal jug of Nutrilife SM-90, came home and mixed a solution as per the bottles directions, 1 part SM-90 to 5 parts water, and i sprayed the plants and all the surrounding areas in the grow box. I then went into the veg tent and sprayed all the plants and the surrounding areas with the SM-90 solution too..

Now let me tell you, this was a very pleasant experience (strangely) because surprisingly, SM-90 smells of delicious lemonade! SO, i basically was just gallivanting about the house with the spray bottle just misting everything making it smell of yummy lemonade haha.

Not having no Mildew in my house!

2 days after the application, there is no mildew to be seen! There is no need for a second application. I made a total of 10oz of solution and used the entire bottle on every surface i could, and that was enough to eliminate my problem.

Later this afternoon, after i transplant plants and such, i will have a picture update. Also, this week coming up, i will start flowering the 2x clones in the grow box, because if they get any bigger, the scrog will be no good and the plants will grow into the lights again!

Stay tuned everyone!

Hey GT, you should do a blog on the WPM and the SM-90. Any pictures of the "White Devil". How far into flower can you spray the SM-90?

I'm having a hard time getting the picture of you dancing around the house spraying everything in sight out of my head, but if it works I'd be willing to do the same. :cheesygrinsmiley: :yahoo:

Pure love & respect bro. :adore:

Hey J, cant wait to see the flowers. That grow box looks like some real chill shit, that co2 pump is dope! +sub

Hey GT, you should do a blog on the WPM and the SM-90. Any pictures of the "White Devil". How far into flower can you spray the SM-90?

Hey 60,

I will actually do a write up on my mildew experience very soon, just catching up in the garden lately. Having so many plants is a lot of work. I'm actually tossing some of the pink kush clones tonight cause they're a bit lagging behind, and i have to make room in the veg trays for the ones i AM keeping, and transplanting into larger pots tonight. Already tossed 1 OG kush clone and 1 Widow clone this evening..

Only the strong survive!

I'm actually contemplating making a new journal for all the strains i'm growing, a multi-strain perpetual journal or try to do them individually. If I go the individual route, my Girl Scout Cookies will be like TheCapn's "Purple Dream in 5 mins" sorta thing as they are about 3 weeks into flower now, and i haven't posted a single picture of them yet. I think i will probably mash them all together as i'm growing about 7 different strains right now!

Hey J, cant wait to see the flowers. That grow box looks like some real chill shit, that co2 pump is dope! +sub

Nice to have you Veezle! Actually, last night i switched out the MH bulbs for the HPS bulbs and hit the rocker switches to flower, so today was their first 12 hour day. Surprisingly enough, when i went in there today to switch the reservoir out and put in my early flowering recipe in, i noticed the plants were shooting pisitils everywhere. So, i'm thinking soon, we shall be seeing flowers!

The grow box isn't actually too bad at all.. I have a picture update for tomorrow with some nice shots of some pearly white roots as well as how much these plants have actually grown.

Tomorrow i'm adding the new lights to the tent!! i will have a total of 2400w of HPS flower power in the tent, and because of rearranging some lights around, i will have a spare 600w ballast and such so now I will be running almost 900w in veg too!

dam dude,how do you pull this off in a apt?? I have run into issues hooking 8x600,needing 4 dedicated lines,my house does have 200 amp service.
just wondering how you pull it off?? is your home the highest consumer in the building??

Back
Top Bottom