GreenThumb J's 1000W Grow Box "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

re: GreenThumb J's 1000W GrowBox "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

Happy New Year GTJ :party:

Thank you Cronic! hope your xmas was lovely and best of luck and big buds to you in the new year!

Happy new year man!! hope next year brings you everything you want :)

Big Green Buds!! you got it brother! Thanks and Happy new year to you and MrsRobert!

Subbed and caught up! How long has it been since you stopped the tea and started using Sub B & M?

Subbed and caught up! How long has it been since you stopped the tea and started using Sub B & M?

Probably about a month now?

Hello everyone, this is the first update on the Pink Kush of the new year, and i have a few great looking shots of how the plants are doing.

I have nothing to report other than the plants are looking absolutely kick ass.. I noticed a slight bit of nutrient burn on the tips of the leaves, but thats cause the nutrient solution became slightly concentrated as the plants consumed water. So i drained the hydro tub, mixed up 9gals of water. pH was 5.9 and ppm was 1230.

Without further ado, heres is my weekly photo update!

Right Plant:
GEDC0942.JPG

Right plant Roots:
GEDC0943.JPG

Left plants roots:
GEDC0944.JPG

View from outside the box:
GEDC0941.JPG

Thats it folks, nothing too exciting going on here.. the stretch is slowing down, and the bud development is in full swing.. Should start getting a nice kushy smell coming from the box soon!

Happy growing everyone!

those roots will make the capn allow you to steer awhile,sail on bro

Nice

He was extremely impressed with the root shots i send him last night. He actually said they are the nicest roots he's ever seen. So it was a very good compliment to hear coming from someone who has the nicest roots on the planet i think!

Go check out his youtube video he posted yesterday.. his Purple dream he put into flower 2 weeks ago will probably hit almost 30 zips!!

He was extremely impressed with the root shots i send him last night. He actually said they are the nicest roots he's ever seen. So it was a very good compliment to hear coming from someone who has the nicest roots on the planet i think!

as soon as you post a pick of non hps roots,they go on my wall,the only ones currently there are Sling and CAPNS.

Looking Awesome GT.

Lookin' very nice J! Love those broad Indica leaves

While visiting Atlanta for the holidays, I met a guy through a friend who (like everyone I meet) was obsessed with the fact I live in Colorado... Haha.... ANYWAYS. He slowly found out I smoke a lot and that I grow and he asked me if I had ever heard of Pink Kush.. which I hadn't. But apparently it's his favorite strain haha, so he might be gettin' a link to this journal once your ladies start flowering... He will probably lose his mind and ruin his keyboard with drool.

Anyways, definitely subscribed now. I love finding members I haven't really interacted with before who have awesome Journals!

Keep up the good work ma friend!

Oh! And I was curious, do you know if Pink Kush has any colorful phenotypes? It would awesome to see some pink buds in your cabinet :D

That BC NL Box is pretty nifty from the looks of it. What's the yield suppose to be on something this size?

Definitely sub'd.

as soon as you post a pick of non hps roots,they go on my wall,the only ones currently there are Sling and CAPNS.

haha you got yourself a deal!

That BC NL Box is pretty nifty from the looks of it. What's the yield suppose to be on something this size?

Definitely sub'd.

well BC Northern lights claims yields of 1-2lb dried with a full box of 18 plants, strain dependent. But i've found that there isn't enough light penetration to do so.. You would have to leave the plants to grow normally and lollipop them early in flower to promote the buds up to to swell up. If you had a strain that like to branch out, it could easily shade another plant, and your yields will suffer.

I currently have 2 in the box, and, and they fill the box pretty much, except for the left side plant, which got stunted during transplanting into the net pots, and got hit hard with White Powdery Mildew which also slowed down growth. But the right side plant, with the help of the Scrog, has spread to fill its space and i have just counted 31 tops that will be nice big colas in about 8 weeks, with about another 20 tops on the left side plant.

Bud development is in full swing, and the buds are already starting to frost up, 17 days into flower.

I estimate pulling close to 3/4 of a pound of top quality buds. I think BCNL claims of 1-2lbs dried is bogus. I'd like to see that!

Lookin' very nice J! Love those broad Indica leaves

While visiting Atlanta for the holidays, I met a guy through a friend who (like everyone I meet) was obsessed with the fact I live in Colorado... Haha.... ANYWAYS. He slowly found out I smoke a lot and that I grow and he asked me if I had ever heard of Pink Kush.. which I hadn't. But apparently it's his favorite strain haha, so he might be gettin' a link to this journal once your ladies start flowering... He will probably lose his mind and ruin his keyboard with drool.

Anyways, definitely subscribed now. I love finding members I haven't really interacted with before who have awesome Journals!

Keep up the good work ma friend!

Oh! And I was curious, do you know if Pink Kush has any colorful phenotypes? It would awesome to see some pink buds in your cabinet :D

Welcome to the Journal Max..

As for the Pinks, i dont actually know the genetic make up of the strain as i received them as cuttings from a buddy of mine. From my research i've done, there really was only One pink kush that was in circulation, that i'm sure has swept the continent, and that was from the Reeferman Seed stock. His Pink kush, from photos i've seen of them being grown, are amazing looking plants, and i have a feeling, that this is a similar, if not one of his Pink Kush seeds that has been grown out and carefully selected as the best phenotype.

Its a lovely looking plant, clearly a heavy indica by looking at how tight the node spacing is and how fat and broad the fan leaves are..

I have to say, i'm fairly excited to see if its the same Pink kush thats sold around here every so often, that i had some of over the summer.. Some of the best smoke i've had hands down!

Your plants are looking very nice Greenthumb, and those roots..... :high-five:
Happy New Year and Cheers. ;)

That's pretty awesome, but yes I agree. 2 lbs seems slightly ridiculous for something as deep as that is. None the less 3/4 of a lb of bud, let alone quality bud, is a solid amount for anyone. Would be cool to see something like that but on a larger scale, similar to a tent with that technology built in (they probably are out there I'm just unaware, lol). As far as light penetration I'm curious that if the box was modified with glass on the doors that you could hang a light to penetrate the front half but then you'd have to account for darkness during flower, guess there's always variables you can't fully account for. Might mot even benefit much for the extra cost on equipment and lights but. Anyhow it'll be interesting to see what you'll get, I'll be around.

I just tried taking a photo with the HPS off, and damn they look terrible!! So, yea, its not happening..!!

Okay everyone.. I have some bad news.

GreenThumb has been slacking lately and not keeping up with checking the plants and such, and, i haven't been using any beneficials in the last week or two.. dont ask why, i'm busy with harvesting the flower tent, cleaning it out and trying to beat this god damn mildew so it will go away for good, yet i have been neglecting the rest of my garden.

So, upon checking into the grow box today, i found dry crispy plants. I dont have the patience to rehydrate them and hope they spring back to life, so i'm cutting my losses and moving on. Its a shame, but it happens sometimes. They were gorgeous plants, that were about 37 days into flower, but i have 4 large Pink kush plants remaining in the garden that i can take clones of and run in the Grow box again if i feel like it.

However, i think i may shut the box down for a bit, and use that power it draws to run my AC in the Flower tent instead, or a new 600w HPS in my 4x4 tent for flowering.

Either way, the grow box will be shut down for a bit while i clean it and get it ready for the next run, if i decide to do another run in here. I really liked only having 2 plants in this box, and hopefully i can get a good yielding harvest from 2 plants in the next run i do in the future.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and reps throughout this grow. I'm sorry that i cant come through with a harvest for you all. I help you guys out with all your questions, but this just goes to show, that even the most competent growers can make mistakes, or have incidents where they lose plants. Its all part of the game and the learning process.

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise? i'll try to find the silver lining in this, there always is one!

Come check out my perpetual Journal that i have going for some harvested plants!

Happy growing folks!

-GreenThumb J

Tough breaks GTJ. I know this wasn't a decision that was made lightly, but of every possible bad scenario, this was the best thing to do. I'm in a very similar shitty position as we speak. Sometimes ya just gotta step back and focus on the whole grow rather than just a few plants. You'll get through this, I have no doubts in that.

awww dude, that's tough to read about. I'm sure you will learn from it somehow and improve something from it.

Growing proper high yielding plants is a lot of work that is for sure. It seems there is always something to do that will improve things.

Back
Top Bottom