GreenThumb J's 1000W Grow Box "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

re: GreenThumb J's 1000W GrowBox "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

Damn GT, always tuff to lose some girls. :rip: That said you have a house full of girls. :high-five:

I don't say it enough but, thank you for all that you do here, a lot of teaching going on here. :bravo::love:

Thanks guys!

you are the best!

I was talking with Cannabis 1 over text last night and i came to the realization that its gonna pay off for me more to pay more attention to less plants than pay less attention to more plants..

So with that being said.. I'm tossing the 3 GSC clones i have, tossing my single THC bomb plant (as i have 2 beans on my shelf for a future grow) and tranplanting the last potted plant, my Capn-style Pink Kush into a 3.5gal container, and putting it into flower under my shitty LED that i have.. With plans to add another small LED to that tent, or replace it with a bigger LED to actually get some yield from the plant.

I will be taking clones of the Pink kush plants i have, and trying another run in the Grow Box, once its cleared out and the clones i take have rooted. Hopefully this next time, i have less plants going on, and not trying to harvest 4 large ass plants at the same time!

Thanks for following along guys, i'm gona be closing this journal after this post, so please, anyone following along here, make your way over to my perpetual journal if you haven't already!

Thanks for your support and kind words gentlemen!

Happy Growing

-GreenThumb J

What bigger box? this is the largest that BC Northern Lights makes.

Do i think its worth the cost? no, get yourself a room and build it, or get grow tents.. you can get 3 separate grow tents to run a perpetual grow with a tent for drying in, for about the same price as The Producer.

Did you build that cabinet? cause if you did.. :bravo:

The plants look nice and your canopy looks nice and even.. for using a scrog for the first time, it looks like you actually used the screen to spread your plants out rather than what everyone does the first time they use a scrog, and thats just let the plant grow right through the screen.

Doing that means you're always taking the tallest leader branches and tucking them through the next hole in the screen, which keeps your canopy as even as yours is.

Good job again man!

yes I let them veg for roughly two and a half months then I put them under the screen 2 weeks prior to that photo then I just pulled them back down and let them grow out words everything across the branch grow upwardand when that gets tall I pulled that down back through the hole and lay that out and let it go out word so on and so forth and yeah I built that for right around $150 an thanks I try to build most of my own things but there's just them things ya just can't duplicate lol

you can always duplicate anything brother!

These grow boxes are alright, but the price tag is insane.

I couldn't imagine having this thing packed with 18 plants like its designed for. having 18 root balls in the reservoir would need topping up like every day haha.. that would be just too much for me. I hate changing the reservoir as it is haha

I love what ya got going on.. i went and replied and subscribed and will be following you along the ride!

Re: GreenThumb J's 1000W GrowBox "Producer" 2x Pink Kush

you can always duplicate anything brother!

These grow boxes are alright, but the price tag is insane.

I couldn't imagine having this thing packed with 18 plants like its designed for. having 18 root balls in the reservoir would need topping up like every day haha.. that would be just too much for me. I hate changing the reservoir as it is haha

I love what ya got going on.. i went and replied and subscribed and will be following you along the ride!

With those grow boxes....can you use LED in them???

With those grow boxes....can you use LED in them???

why would you want to use LED?

Lower power consumption, better penetration. Not sure how it would work inside the box though, would have to design your own and seems kind of counter productive.

sorry but your facts are wrong..

better penetration? HA please make me laugh some more. Thats why everyone who grows LED HAS TO defoliate in order for their lower branches to even grow. I dont have to.. HID works the best because it penetrates the best. You're lying to yourself to think otherwise.

If you're worried about power consumption, why dont you grow outdoors then? LEDs are a huge waste of money. If you dont care about yield and want a bag full of whispy popcorn buds, go ahead and spend thousands of dollars on just a light, when i can build an entire room for the cost of most high end LED panels.. The return of investment is nothing when you use LEDs.. I have an LED in a 4x4 tent and its pitiful to say the least.. so i'm speaking from experience.

In order to MATCH an HID light, an LED has to pull the same amount of watts from the wall as its HID counterpart. Thats why the only good LED grows that actually have a worthwhile yield, have multiple LEDs in one room.. multiple thousand dollar LED panels just to do the same thing that ONE HPS does??? How does that seem more efficient? You end up pulling the same amount of power from the wall as HID lighting, so the only thing you are doing is lowering the temperature of your grow rooms.. But let me tell you another thing.. HID works better cause you dont have to add heat to your room to keep your plants happy.. Most LED growers dont know they need to supplement heat in their grow space so your plant can adequately transpire and intake nutrients at a healthy pace. Thats why HPS and MH bulbs work better..

I could go on all day why LED's are a fruitless waste of money unless you get them for free. I could tell you all day why an HPS will ALWAYS yield MORE than an LED.. for people who require medicine on a regular basis, small pitiful harvests can mean you go without medicine between harvests, and for me, thats not acceptable.

My journals aren't the place for you LED folks (which seems to be all there is here on 420 now.. too bad) I dont grow LED and i never will.. i'm seeing how useless they are first hand and i would never suggest anyone buy an LED.. if you can afford to grow cannabis indoors, you can afford the fucking electricity.. if not, dont grow.. Growing is stupidly expensive if you plan to do it correctly and diligently there is always going to be something you need to buy. But growing indoors and trying to use the least amount of power is like trying to bake a red velvet cake in a fucking easy bake oven...

Oh by the way.. Cannabis 1 just sold.. or is selling his MARS II 1200w cause it DOESNT PENETRATE as good as a MH bulb.

if anyone is familiar with S1ingblade (whos no longer here on 420mag along with TheCapn) he traded in all his 1000w HPS lights for LEDs and he threw them all out after that harvest.. why? because they didn't yield shit because of poor penetration and low light intensity.

What do the BC Hot house Greenhouses use to grow peppers and vegetables for a multitude of countries? HID lights.. not LEDs.. what do the dispensaries and large scale licensed producers use in their production facilities? HID.. not LED's. These people see the loss of investment when using LED's Because if LEDs were so great.. wouldn't everyone be using them?

sorry but your facts are wrong..

better penetration? HA please make me laugh some more. Thats why everyone who grows LED HAS TO defoliate in order for their lower branches to even grow. I dont have to.. HID works the best because it penetrates the best. You're lying to yourself to think otherwise.

If you're worried about power consumption, why dont you grow outdoors then? LEDs are a huge waste of money. If you dont care about yield and want a bag full of whispy popcorn buds, go ahead and spend thousands of dollars on just a light, when i can build an entire room for the cost of most high end LED panels.. The return of investment is nothing when you use LEDs.. I have an LED in a 4x4 tent and its pitiful to say the least.. so i'm speaking from experience.

In order to MATCH an HID light, an LED has to pull the same amount of watts from the wall as its HID counterpart. Thats why the only good LED grows that actually have a worthwhile yield, have multiple LEDs in one room.. multiple thousand dollar LED panels just to do the same thing that ONE HPS does??? How does that seem more efficient? You end up pulling the same amount of power from the wall as HID lighting, so the only thing you are doing is lowering the temperature of your grow rooms.. But let me tell you another thing.. HID works better cause you dont have to add heat to your room to keep your plants happy.. Most LED growers dont know they need to supplement heat in their grow space so your plant can adequately transpire and intake nutrients at a healthy pace. Thats why HPS and MH bulbs work better..

I could go on all day why LED's are a fruitless waste of money unless you get them for free. I could tell you all day why an HPS will ALWAYS yield MORE than an LED.. for people who require medicine on a regular basis, small pitiful harvests can mean you go without medicine between harvests, and for me, thats not acceptable.

My journals aren't the place for you LED folks (which seems to be all there is here on 420 now.. too bad) I dont grow LED and i never will.. i'm seeing how useless they are first hand and i would never suggest anyone buy an LED.. if you can afford to grow cannabis indoors, you can afford the fucking electricity.. if not, dont grow.. Growing is stupidly expensive if you plan to do it correctly and diligently there is always going to be something you need to buy. But growing indoors and trying to use the least amount of power is like trying to bake a red velvet cake in a fucking easy bake oven...

Why are you all bent out of shape over one statement? I would have to agree and disagree with what you said. LEDs have come a long way especially now that they are able to be driven at 10w-30w's a light. Are they to the point where they're worth $2,000 for a Black Dog? Hell no, hell fucking no. It's sickening how expensive most LEDs are just because they claim to use a part that is American made or they rope people in with all the bullshit when at the end of the day 95% are outsourced to China. My brother gave me two LEDs to use and only being 350 watts they grew a few autoflowers I tried under them perfect with solid deep growth. I would never claim that they are better than MH/HPS or perfect, but for only consuming 300 watts compared to 1,000 watts like each of my ballasts and hoods do my growth has been extremely comparable to the few sitting underneath the HPS light sitting in the same room. A perfect set up would be MH/HPS with the addition of LEDs or an adjustable spectrum, rather.

That is definitely an incorrect statement though about "having to pull the same amount of watts from the wall as its HID counterpart." They're different technologies and while we can compare the end results and product to them it's impossible to say you have to equally draw power as they both use, store and convert power in different ways.

In relation to the heating issues some people have, how warm do you think people's grow areas need to be until they should start getting concerned? For some people who have the ability to use the better LEDs (leaving cost out of it) that would help control their growing conditions down to a better state, why would they not go that route? I sure as hell know that most guys don't want to have to run an air condition unit if they can avoid it.

While it's unfortunate that you want to see everyone drop mad money on their grows, it's never going to happen. This is not a stab at anyone on this forum but go through the first 5 pages and see how many threads are here that are a small tent grow or a box that someone rigged up, a nook in their kitchen with a blanket covering it or a computer box grow... Some people don't have the money to blow on the bests ballasts, hoods, light controllers, carbon filters and fans and then on top of that the money they spend each month if they were to run a 4-8k+ flowering room and a 2-4k vegetative room. Some people don't have the knowledge or hands on skill to build and wire a room by themselves which then would require more money spent on someone else doing it.

Not everyone can grow outside, especially just coming into spring. The warmest day I've had outside so far is a week of 60 degrees and it's plummeted to the 20s at night. I'm still a few weeks out from moving some of mine outside. But you can guarantee that as soon as the weather breaks for some of us guys you'll see a ton more outdoor grows.

LEDs have their positives and their negatives just like HIDs do and did when they were new technology. Give them a few years and we'll have some lights that are on par with HIDs and with some hope a company might come out with decent prices making it worth peoples time and money.

Instead of bashing something and making everyone who feels the need to use one, for whatever reason they settle on, bad why don't you encourage people to try a different solution for their issues that might have led them to using non HID methods? I'm just surprised you still stick around this site with how miserable you sound about things you don't agree with. Do I dare ask how you feel about people taking power strips and smacking couple of twisty CFLs on it for their grow lights? LMAO (Don't forget your blood pressure medication :laughtwo:)

On a side note, when are you going to get something up and running again in your Producer?

"I'm just surprised you still stick around this site with how miserable you sound about things you don't agree with. "

I was enjoying the discussion. Where these things go wrong is when they get personal. I would hate to see Greenthumb go the way of Sl1ngblade and the cap'n . I don't mind people having strong opinions, why not?

A strong opinion is one thing. Being close minded and only being able to bash something instead of recognizing potential is when there's a problem with a strong opinion. That's really not a personal statement, just a basic observation by his replies. I enjoy most threads with Green's knowledge and view's he shares but why take it to the extreme and point fingers at "LED folks" or say how useless they are when it's proven they help in certain areas..

I guess the main point I'm trying to convey is if Greenthumb is as highly regarded in this community as I think he is, why not shed positive reinforcement on preference to HID rather than entirely bash something that has a high potential in all of our futures? It doesn't bring anything positive to a group when you can't look at both sides and see the positives and negatives of both, and not just based off of one or two experiences you've had.

I don't have any argument with that. I guess it's just because he has strong opinions- and none of us are 100% right all the time. But if it gets personal then the whole discussion which actually matters is gone out the window and none of us are learning shit. Besides which, the mods just come along and delete it all anyway and we've gone nowhere, except for creating some bad feelings...

Back
Top Bottom