Grinders good or bad?

G1nked

I have used a grinder now for almost a year religiously with a rolling machine to boot but my question to our community is do you think grinders or good or bad? I ask this because I see on tv at medical dispen. that they get the bud out with tongs like and I just wonder if touching it removes crystals and thc might stick to your fingers and I would think a grinder may do the same thing I have a wooden grinder and after a while its gotten hard to turn and I wonder if the build up is thc/crystals so should I do away with it and go back to cutting it up by hand with scissors? I guess Im paranoid the grinder will leave behind some of the reminence and as we all know we want to get our moneys worth and enjoy the full pot tential or our beloved bud.
Thanks for reading my post and hope to hear what your opinions on this matter.
good old days
$100 an OZ skunk in abundant supply

2009 $100 a 1/4 of skunk if u can even find it

I prefer grinders with a keif catcher. But I'm thinking of switching to a coffee grinder. I got one for my future harvest. It has 3 different settings. It does a hell of a job making it into powder. And it's pretty easy to clean.

Grinders do come in handy, but it all comes down to the type of weed your handling. If you bought some mids and don't want to have to sit there and break it up then YES a grinder is very good. When it comes to chronic weed a grinder is not the best tool to use. My question for you is : Why would you want to break up chronic with any other tool than your hands?
I only use my grinder for mids. I enjoy breaking up chronic with my hands and getting my hands nice and sticky so I can roll a nice blunt or pack a nice bong hit.
In the end its all up to what you prefer.
~Tamemoe~

I love my grinder, it makes the break up/de-seed/de-stem process so much faster, so I can smoke my weed right after getting it. Mine has a keif catcher so its like my emergency get high fund for when I have a bit of a dry spell (couple days without a lot of weed), lol :) Grinders ftw.

I always use my grinder. It speeds up the whole process. Like everyone else says, definitely get one with a kief catcher on it for emergencies. :ganjamon:

Quick question...

I have a grinder where most of the kief gets caught in the top part (picture below). I read that if I soak it in 90% iso alcohol then let it dry out overnight all my kief will be extracted.

Before I go and venture into this I just wanted to gather some thoughts on this... as I'm not too keen on the idea of smoking rubbing alcohol lol.

grinder.jpg

I'm with StonyGeoff on this one. Half the fun is rolling a fat sticky bud between your fingers, carefully cutting off just what you need, and scraping the resins off your finger tips to add to the mix IMHO.

I'd def be doing an alcohol douche on those grinders. Seems like the teeth would be coated in kief over time.

Hey guys, personally I use a grinder for all of my bud, even before I saw an article on VaporMovement that quotes:
The second type of grinder is often referred to as a pollinator grinder, which usually consists of four pieces. It similarly contains two pieces with teeth, but the bottom-toothed piece is specially designed with small holes allowing the material to fall through onto a fine mesh screen below. These holes take out the guess work when grinding by allowing the material to drop through the holes once it has reached the correct size to ensure the material has the perfect consistency every time. The grinder can then be unscrewed in the middle to expose the ground-up material resting on the mesh screen. The term "pollinator" comes from the two additional pieces; one containing a fine mesh screen and another below the screen which is used as a collection tray. The small collection tray below the screen is used to catch the pollen that falls off your material while grinding. This pollen usually contains high amounts of active ingredients and can be sprinkled on aromatherapy herbs to give them an extra kick. It can also be pressed together using specialized techniques to form other potent consumable goods. When breaking up material without a grinder, these precious crystals are usually lost because they stick to your fingers, tables, scissors, etc.

So I will personally stick to using my cheap grinder :D I've got a fair bit of kief built up in it too ;)

Think about pocket change. If you dumped what change (if any) you have in your pocket into the garbage, it probably wouldn't make a difference to you, but if you save all your pocket change you can cash it in once in a while and get a few hundred bucks.....

Now think about it like weed... You wont notice the diff if some keif sticks to your hands or goes thru the grinder, but if you have a nice collection you will be pretty damn happy if you hit a dry spell, or if you just want to celebrate a special occasion.

Personally, I prefer to have that stash build up, and every few months I'll go through my grinder with a little brush and a sharp edge and clean out as much as i can from the nooks and crannies.

Think about pocket change. If you dumped what change (if any) you have in your pocket into the garbage, it probably wouldn't make a difference to you, but if you save all your pocket change you can cash it in once in a while and get a few hundred bucks.....

Now think about it like weed... You wont notice the diff if some keif sticks to your hands or goes thru the grinder, but if you have a nice collection you will be pretty damn happy if you hit a dry spell, or if you just want to celebrate a special occasion.

Personally, I prefer to have that stash build up, and every few months I'll go through my grinder with a little brush and a sharp edge and clean out as much as i can from the nooks and crannies.

This is a perfect description IMHO. My hubby just got me one recently & I really like it. It's so easy & it has the screen where stuff just drops into & I can see the goodies forming. It's so new that I haven't had a chance to "celebrate" yet, but in time! And now I don't have to deal with losing anything if I cut... and my hubby doesn't have to deal with me whining for him to do it for me b/c I'm too lazy to do it myself. I think my stash lasts a bit longer w/the grinder too. It's the perfect consistency and everything. Love it!

I went 25 years using my fingers and recently discovered grinders. Like others have said, I no longer watch the crystals fly all over when breaking up my herb, my fingers are no longer covered in smoke-able goodness, and I love the consistency for rolling joints, vaporizing in my volcano, or pulling bong hits. Only problem I find is grinding the "right" amount....getting better, but many time I end up grinding a bit extra and rolling up a joint with the "left overs"

I love my cosmic grinder - get a decent one or deal with toxins, metal shavings in your herb, and/or broken grinder teeth.

Back
Top Bottom