Grow Journal

I chopped some of the lower branches that wouldn't accumulate to much and did a bud wash on them... Uncertain how I feel about it yet I'll have to let them dry and see how they look.

The bud wash didn't go to bad... I only did a few branches that may end up being 4-5 grams in all... After originally soaking them they looked horrid lol but after a few hours they go back to looking just like they did... I did notice a lot of gook in the water with this small quantity plus some hairs from the bud but they were probably already loose from the trimming. The hairs look a bit darker noticeably darker so it'll be interesting to see if they stay that dark or lighten back up.
420-magazine-mobile1555649434.jpg

Also trichomes are at around 85/10-5 cloudy/amber/clear so not much longer before they are at around 80/20 cloudy/amber as mentioned I may end up harvesting the one a few days earlier than the rest depending.

I chopped some of the lower branches that wouldn't accumulate to much and did a bud wash on them... Uncertain how I feel about it yet I'll have to let them dry and see how they look.

What was your method on bud washing? I've just been doing some reading on that as I'd never seen it before. It seems like a simple but beneficial process from what I've read..increase in flavor and appeal, more dense, more even dry and a better cure? Who wouldn't do it if that's the case! Lol

What was your method on bud washing? I've just been doing some reading on that as I'd never seen it before. It seems like a simple but beneficial process from what I've read..increase in flavor and appeal, more dense, more even dry and a better cure? Who wouldn't do it if that's the case! Lol

1 container with water mixed with lemon juice/baking soda then two other containers with just water... may make a fourth with some hydrogen peroxide for the other buds just not sure yet. Guess we will see if there's any difference before long. I did it because I wanted the cleanest buds possible considering what they've been through. DocBud wrote a tutorial for bud washing (think I have the name right)

1 container with water mixed with lemon juice/baking soda then two other containers with just water... may make a fourth with some hydrogen peroxide for the other buds just not sure yet. Guess we will see if there's any difference before long. I did it because I wanted the cleanest buds possible considering what they've been through. DocBud wrote a tutorial for bud washing (think I have the name right)
Ya I've read you use the peroxide to nix mold.

Definitely gonna have to check out DocBuds tutorial on it. He is who came up with the washing process and introduced it to the growing community ..

Ive done it got a half with mold donated bought 3% h202 2 salt shakers and washed it thoroughly. Sure i def lost a few gs, but it worked you should have seen it bubbling lol

So Doc isn't the Operator on the thread for bud washing but he is definitely mixed in the replies sharing his knowledge. Here's a link to the thread for anyone who may need it

Bud Washing

Wowzers so some of the smaller buds were already snapping so I put it straight in the grinder and gave it a go... Smooth as can be... Not much flavor but that's not a bad thing before cure lol... interested to see how taste improves as cure as I was surprised I didn't taste much green but not much bud either so we shall see how it cures and improves.

Wowzers so some of the smaller buds were already snapping so I put it straight in the grinder and gave it a go... Smooth as can be... Not much flavor but that's not a bad thing before cure lol... interested to see how taste improves as cure as I was surprised I didn't taste much green but not much bud either so we shall see how it cures and improves.

So I'm assuming you're in full support of bud washing? lol that's good to hear! I'm interested to see if the washing affected the flavors of your bud since you can't taste much now

So I'm assuming you're in full support of bud washing? lol that's good to hear! I'm interested to see if the washing affected the flavors of your bud since you can't taste much now

Gotta cure it first to know about taste so it'll just take time. I just noticed off the bat it didnt seem nearly as harsh as comparative non cured bud

Soooo so far the washed bud and unwashed bud looks identical and seems to be drying right at the same rate... Just looking you wouldn't be able to tell. Will keep updating obviously and will do a good comparison after a cure... Plan on saving a nice bud from my small grow too so I have another comparison as well.

The first is washed
420-magazine-mobile558829817.jpg

Second unwashed
420-magazine-mobile1053793550.jpg

Like I said can't tell a difference and it all smells to high heaven and back... trimming is going to suck though that's for sure.

Soooo so far the washed bud and unwashed bud looks identical and seems to be drying right at the same rate... Just looking you wouldn't be able to tell. Will keep updating obviously and will do a good comparison after a cure... Plan on saving a nice bud from my small grow too so I have another comparison as well.

The first is washed
420-magazine-mobile558829817.jpg

Second unwashed
420-magazine-mobile1053793550.jpg

Like I said can't tell a difference and it all smells to high heaven and back... trimming is going to suck though that's for sure.

Looks good man. I can't tell a difference visibly in the washed and unwashed. I'm eager to hear how the washing turned out for you.

Everything's going good... Humidity dropped and I really do think it helped them frost up a bit but maybe it's in my head... The harvested plant was a failure yield wise lol 33 grams.. I'm happy though it's definitely better than nothing and it was the smaller of the bunch... I'm thinking I'll get around 6oz which is less than last grow! lol but it is what it is that defoliation had completely halted growth as it was plus the mites. But it is potent nonetheless which is always good. The other three girls are going to keep going until their leaves finish yellowing out.

Back
Top Bottom