Grow Tent Review

gonnagro

Having had good luck so far with Gotham Hydro LED's I called up and spoke with Victor about purchasing one of their grow tents. As usual they cut the price a little and the deal was done. On the weekend I proceeded to build it.

Once the frame was constructed, according to the diagram, which is all you have to refer to, I proceeded to wrap it in the canvas cover. As soon as I gave it a tug the bottom seam instantly split and ripped down the front seam. Since it had an additional floor piece I decided I'd continue assembly. Same thing happened as soon as I tugged the top canopy piece. So much for light tight!

This product is poorly sewn and for that matter, cheaply constructed. DO NOT BUY!!!

Took one for the team on this as the shipping costs to return make it not worth sending back. If anyone knows a really good grow tent please PM me.

I don't have enough posts to PM you, so.
I have 3 Secret Jardin dark room tent's. The quality is very good, seam are strong and light tight. I've looked at all the top brands and these are the best in my opinion. They just came out with a new line with bigger and more port holes. They'll be available in a week or 2. I got my DR240 8'X8' about 3 weeks to soon. I'm setting it up on Monday.
Hopes this helps.

:roorrip:

P.S. NO tent is 100% light tight.

if your talking about the Lighthouse hydro Tents that gotham products carries then you must not know how to put a tent together.

Ive been through 3 different tents in the past year and the 5x5x7' Lighthouse Hydro grow tent that i got is by far the best one as far as durability, cost, and effectiveness go.

I did notice that you gave it a positive review in the thread I posted asking for grow tent reviews (HERE). Yours is post #27.

I'm using the Hydrohut Silver edition and I like it a ton...very durable canvas exterior, reflective mylar interior...very durable full metal frame, tons of ducting ports and even utility cord ports, as well as 2 screened air flaps.... Very nice tent...only complaint is the stitching on the zipper needed to be redone in a few little areas, but overall great tent!!!

Shameless plug: Feel free to post your reviews in the thread I linked to in my previous post. It would probably be helpful to a lot of members to be able to read reviews of a variety of grow tents in one thread. (There are several there now, but more reviews - and more opinions - wouldn't hurt.)

I was watching STORAGE WARS and they got a GROW TENT in one of the units and none of them knew what it was so they took it to a guy, and he said oh sure thats a portable dark room...lol...so they all put it together..and he is saying and see this is where you hook up the fans to vent out the chemical when you develop FILM?...And then one of the guys...A LIGHT BULB MUST OF WENT OFF?..Says?...What is film?....lol...It was a big ass double room..and the other guy says..well at least we can camp in it...lol...Only took them like 6 hours to set it up...lol...

Do you know what season/episode it was?

Im waiting for the day they find a locker with grow equipment in it, after all they do live in CA

Im waiting for the day they find a locker with grow equipment in it, after all they do live in CA

I just saw this episode and had to see if anyone else caught that.

it was called "Who Bought JFK?" release date 3/20/12.

I took photography in high school and we had an actual dark room. If you're applying the image to photo paper using light you want it directly on the photo paper and only that amount. if the light reflects off the walls it would ruin the prints. obvious grow tent.
wonder how much it was worth as a grow tent. I'm not sure of the size but it was pretty big. they estimated it at $900 as a portable dark room lol.

I'm not sure what episode it was, but I saw that one too... I was cracking up because they didn't know what it was and the "professional" said it was a darkroom for film :) lmao!!! I couldn't believe the price they were quoted too, i think it was like 500$ or something....

Back
Top Bottom