GROWant Journal - SIPs & Living Organic Soil - Sub Irrigated Planter

Not to sure exactly. All factors are the same. So it is an assumption that, autos being finicky as they are that maybe the soil blend might be a bit much for her.
I've heard Mephisto puts out some great autos. I'll have to check out Wounded Knees Journal

Oh yeah, of course, I forgot about the autofl. factor .. You could be right - it could be cause autos apparently only need about1/4 -1/3 of the 'food' that photos need. I get what you mean now...

Oh yeah, of course, I forgot about the autofl. factor .. You could be right - it could be cause autos apparently only need about1/4 -1/3 of the 'food' that photos need. I get what you mean now...

News to me Amy....thanks for that little nugget.

Seeing as were talking autos...my Kings Kush is kicking ass on day 28.
420-magazine-mobile198759960.jpg

Another thing I wonder is if the autos are having a hard time with the shallow sip container

From what i know when that tap root hits the bottom of the pot they start flowering so it could be that the plants are just not getting enough time to establish themselves in the living soil then the biological changes happen-changing what it needs to eat and it just kinda gets overloaded with nutes n changing to flowering etc. Idk just a lamens guess on what could be going on lol

From what I know about soil, and living soil, it takes time to develop a working rhizosphere n for plants to get set in it, just wondering if photos might be better for these sips because of that

Ignore me if this is invalid .

Another thing I wonder is if the autos are having a hard time with the shallow sip container

From what i know when that tap root hits the bottom of the pot they start flowering so it could be that the plants are just not getting enough time to establish themselves in the living soil then the biological changes happen-changing what it needs to eat and it just kinda gets overloaded with nutes n changing to flowering etc. Idk just a lamens guess on what could be going on lol

From what I know about soil, and living soil, it takes time to develop a working rhizosphere n for plants to get set in it, just wondering if photos might be better for these sips because of that

Ignore me if this is invalid .

I was thinking about the sips as well. I just popped another autoflower in there a WestCoast OG from Fast Buds. We will see how she goes.
I'm also going to transplant a few photos in there once the autos finish up.
Just has me scratching my head why others are doing better than some.
I don't like immediately blaming the genetics, I usually assume it was growers error that caused the probs but after talking with a couple other people that have ran beans from heavyweight seeds, I'm coming to the conclusion that they don't have the best autos.
-♂️

News to me Amy....thanks for that little nugget.

Seeing as were talking autos...my Kings Kush is kicking ass on day 28.
420-magazine-mobile198759960.jpg

Looking awesome man. Whose the genetics by?

I did give them a compost tea now that I think of it. This might have caused the slight tip burn. It was compost, kelp, fish hydrolysate, Agisil16h (potassium silicate).

Your working with a pretty complex ecosystem in the soil, I'm sure the finicky traits in autos aren't working to your advantage but I have faith you'll get it sorted!

I bet the photos, with time to adjust to all the magic that's happening in that soil, would rock! Get some solid genetics n I'm sure your set up will rock Gee!

If all else is consistent then I'd say the seeds could be an issue, some times they aren't stored properly at a seed bank or they are old or if they aren't brown with little black squigllies they just aren't mature! I've seen some green seeds from seed banks n that's just a no go from day one :/

Hopefully things wrap up nicely n go a bit easier next run! I'm rooting for ya Gee!

She's beautiful! Think I would cut down just a little nudge on the nutes if I were you. I see they're beginning to look a little bit burned on the tips

Oh wait - living organic soil - you don't use nutes - do you?

I see I should have read a little more back :) You're already working on the problem. Sorry :) Smoking too much of the widow

I see I should have read a little more back :) You're already working on the problem. Sorry :) Smoking too much of the widow

Yeah not sure what's going on with them. Just really picky I guess. I don't really worry about it. I planted a few photo strains in there and another autoflower. I want to see if this is repeated in the photos or with another auto of different genetics. Soon to find out

Hey mate. Just wanted to let you know your webpage appears to be down. I got a 403 forbidden when I tried to enter (Chrome/Ie)

Hey mate. Just wanted to let you know your webpage appears to be down. I got a 403 forbidden when I tried to enter (Chrome/Ie)

Thank you. We are aware. 420 mag asked us to switch our http to a more secure one. It takes about 12 hrs for it to be rebooted.

Ah - Ok! No big deal. Just wanted to read a little, but it can wait. Working on my first 32 plant setup. Starting to get really exited. It's all coming together really good and I can still move around in the room. Trying to figure out the best way to do a time-lapse of the growing plants. Think one photo every 10 min should work, but never really tried before. Been doing a time-lapse of the room rebuild now just to practice a little :)

I like following this grow, your growing style is really cool

So some funky looking autos going on. Not really sure what's up. Gave up trying to figure it out. I planted 1 auto and 2 photos in there. If these problems repeat themselves I'll check further in to it.
420-magazine-mobile1482559814.jpg

Fast & Vast
420-magazine-mobile1026167659.jpg

Short & Sweet
420-magazine-mobile2135119195.jpg

High Density

The only one that is looking good imo is
The Wipeout Express
420-magazine-mobile61495728.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1013365462.jpg

At almost 18"
I think she's done with her stretching, now hopefully she starts to swell.

Back
Top Bottom