Hey everyone I'm new here,I've introduced myself but this will be my first post. I've been reading through the thread in the last few weeks. Thought I might join in on the action. I was using hempy buckets previously, but couldn't find seven litre buckets anywhere so I improvised and made some sips out of 5L buckets. I've got 50mm or 2 inches of res at the bottom of the 5L of medium.
I'm hunting through some reg seeds because I love popping them. The back row are lemon iccee x chroma, Tiki Madman x Your Highness
Front row are Blizzard Of Oz from Green Lab Genetics from canada.
Anyways, gday from the land down under and I'll keep you updated with how things are going.

PXL_20240415_080648992.jpg

PXL_20240415_080542433.jpg

PXL_20240415_080524700.jpg

Hey everyone I'm new here,I've introduced myself but this will be my first post. I've been reading through the thread in the last few weeks. Thought I might join in on the action. I was using hempy buckets previously, but couldn't find seven litre buckets anywhere so I improvised and made some sips out of 5L buckets. I've got 50mm or 2 inches of res at the bottom of the 5L of medium.
I'm hunting through some reg seeds because I love popping them. The back row are lemon iccee x chroma, Tiki Madman x Your Highness
Front row are Blizzard Of Oz from Green Lab Genetics from canada.
Anyways, gday from the land down under and I'll keep you updated with how things are going.

PXL_20240415_080648992.jpg

PXL_20240415_080542433.jpg

PXL_20240415_080524700.jpg
G'day fellow 🇦🇺,
SIP's generally have an air gap between the water and the bottom of the medium pot and a fill pipe so you don't have to water from the top down through the medium because SIP pots will whick up the water , there's a drain hole positioned at the height of the air gap
20231115_183737.jpg

Hey man.
So I've got the drain hole slightly lower than the bottom of the top bucket, so there is actually a air gap in there. As for the fill pipe I thought if I didn't want to top water it's that small I can lift the top bucket and fill the rez. Bit of a hassle but I was prepared for it anyway.
I just didn't want to loose to much medium with the pipe and I also like top watering.

We will see how it goes, there maybe a new model next grow.

Welcome to the Forum and The SIP Club, @GoodVibesOnly !

That's a lot of plants you have going there in that space. How long are you planning to veg for?

I flower in 2G/8L buckets in a space that's 1m wide and tall by about half that deep and do two at a time with about a 5-6 week veg. Anything more and the plants start crowding into each other, though I grow mostly from clones.

Welcome to the Forum and The SIP Club, @GoodVibesOnly !

That's a lot of plants you have going there in that space. How long are you planning to veg for?

I flower in 2G/8L buckets in a space that's 1m wide and tall by about half that deep and do two at a time with about a 5-6 week veg. Anything more and the the plants start crowding into each other, though I grow mostly from clones.
Hey man, cheers.
Yeah I know there is, but their regular seeds so if I end up with 4-6 females it'll be a bit less crowded. I'll veg them till I think their right to flip and prey I have enough room.
I've got a couple of overflow tents if I need them. I just wanted to hunt though some regular seeds and hopefully find some more keepers.

this is probably a stupid question But , are Reg. seeds a toss up for a female ? What it sounds like , thanks guys and gals .
Yeah, exactly. Most people grow twice as many as they want and cull the males or use them to make more seeds.

this is probably a stupid question But , are Reg. seeds a toss up for a female ? What it sounds like , thanks guys and gals .
Right. Roughly 50/50 over a big enough sample size. So, if you pop 10 regular seeds, chances are you'll be about half and half male/female.

But I've read that environmental conditions can help sway that percentage one way or the other.

No stupid questions mate,we all have to learn at some stage. Normally it's a 50/50 chance, but with good environmental conditions and happy plants we have noticed higher rate of females.
Right. Roughly 50/50 over a big enough sample size. So, if you pop 10 regular seeds, chances are you'll be about half and half male/female.

But I've read that environmental conditions can help sway that percentage one way or the other.
Yeah we've noticed that with happy regular plants and some different strains in good conditions we have noticed 70%-80% females year after year others are 50/50

So, I’m filling the rez with water PH’d at 6.3 but, I just checked what was is in there before topping up and the PH is 8… should I be accounting for that and adding my top off water at a lower ph to try to bring it down some?
The plants look really good right now. Except for needing a little defoliation

IMG_3372.jpeg

IMG_3371.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom