Guesstimator's 2014 Grow Journal - 1st Indoor Attempt!

very nice. love the training. can't wait to see the finished product :thumb:

how much power does 1 znet4 draw?

Got the LED's, they look great. Very excited indeed.

Kill A Watt Before:
20140317_183541.jpg

Kill A Watt After:
20140317_191427.jpg

:thumb:

20140317_191127.jpg

20140317_191115.jpg

20140317_191104.jpg

20140317_191031.jpg

20140317_191025.jpg

20140317_191013.jpg

20140317_190956.jpg

Love it and sub in

They look beautiful! Love that Pinky Color!
How old were they when you changed to 12/12?:thumb:

It s hard to tell an age before the switch. I started this with a half-hearted effort before building the tent so my documentation was sketchy at first. I grew them to about a foot tall before the swap but these all started under a 4 bulb, 4' T5 and then I moved to the 600w MH for a couple weeks of final vegging, then 12/12 for just about 7 weeks under the HPS.

So excited to finish work and check on them tonight. Lol

Have a great one everybody!

Nice man,:thumb:
I have yet to get a killowatt meter.:goodjob:
I am guessing that that is all 3 daisy'ed together?
Look's beautiful.:high-five:

Yessir! I linked them all together. I've noticed the first unit in the chain (closest to outlet) become warmer, but I expect that to be normal.

Have a great day my friend.

It s hard to tell an age before the switch. I started this with a half-hearted effort before building the tent so my documentation was sketchy at first. I grew them to about a foot tall before the swap but these all started under a 4 bulb, 4' T5 and then I moved to the 600w MH for a couple weeks of final vegging, then 12/12 for just about 7 weeks under the HPS.

So excited to finish work and check on them tonight. Lol

Have a great one everybody!

Thanks Guesstimator, you are living up to your name! JK! No problem, that happens to a lot of us.:thumb:

1-31-14 Update:

I went looking to determine the sex of the two freebie seeds tonight. I found one to be absolutely (to even my new eyes) male and he was voted off the island. lol. Decided to LST further while I was at it, being only 6 days into veg. This all worked out well since space was always known to be an issue unless at least one plant left. Below are some of the plants in various stages of progress.

A little too crowded (there are 4 here), and we found a male. He went bye-bye.
DSC_02234.jpg

LST'd:
DSC_023315.jpg

Again:
DSC_02378.jpg

Wire Tie:
DSC_02394.jpg

This is where I did better documenting, sorry, long day.... Before shot, Top 3/4 view:
DSC_02411.jpg

Before Shot, Side view:
DSC_02422.jpg

1/2 LST'd:
DSC_02433.jpg

Top view 1/2 LST'd:
DSC_02446.jpg

Much better spacing now and looking good to me, but I am new so what do I know? lol
DSC_0258.jpg

Still open to any and all input, thanks again for taking a look folks.

very nice

Yessir! I linked them all together. I've noticed the first unit in the chain (closest to outlet) become warmer, but I expect that to be normal.

I have to ask engineer to do some change notice,like if you take 3 pcs lights and you will do a daisy chain,we should send the 16Gauce power cord,that will be much safer.How do you think?

I have to ask engineer to do some change notice,like if you take 3 pcs lights and you will do a daisy chain,we should send the 16Gauce power cord,that will be much safer.How do you think?

I did not notice a difference in the temp of the plug's.Probably because I never checked them.lol
I''ll check'em but I have been running them daisy'ed for over a month now, and no problem's.:thumb:

at the same way we only send one 16 gauce cable then we save another 2 power cords :)

I am sure this is a cost down thing for my company too Ahaha

I didn't honestly feel the cord itself. I felt the top of the case, near the plug, and it is warmer. I figure there is a power supply there and it's got the power of all three lights running thru that, causing the warmth. I will check the temps with my laser thermometer later and report a more scientific reading when possible. I am sure it won't measure much... this was really just a side note, not an issue I don't believe.

Thanks!

I didn't honestly feel the cord itself. I felt the top of the case, near the plug, and it is warmer. I figure there is a power supply there and it's got the power of all three lights running thru that, causing the warmth. I will check the temps with my laser thermometer later and report a more scientific reading when possible. I am sure it won't measure much... this was really just a side note, not an issue I don't believe.

Thanks!

Yes correct that is the driver give off heat

:welcome:

Last night I got inspired by the recent install of the new GREENSUN ZNET4's (Amy rocks!) and played in the tent for a while. When I had the 600w HPS as my lighting I had the (very) wrong reflector hood. The light was only focused directly below the lamp and all the plants had to be crammed under it (which worked miserably and was far from "proper"). Not so good if you are doing LST and topping, such as I.

Since I now have the 3 lights I am able to open things up and spread out, OMG this felt nice! I am sure the plants felt the same way! lol

I took the opportunity to also re-tie most of the branches and LST further. Once I did this and spread things out I can see a world of difference. They seem so much happier and able to use the light.

I keep looking at the LED's and thinking they are too high. So each time I think this I get the tape measure out and, yep, they are @ 20" (+/-) from the canopy which if anything is too close. I'm just crazy and not used to LED's being so far away.

A few things to note, I didn't expect the tent to be so much cleaner looking with these lights. Since I got 3 to replace 1, I figured it'd look cluttered but not at all. The ductwork that was once needed to run thru the HPS is now run direct from filter to fan, that helped clean things up huge! And the thin profile of these LED's really is awesome, takes up so little space. And the look of the lights is awesome as well, those were the words of my best friend last night anyway upon seeing these for the first time. I agree, they just look like nice fixtures, and the light is pretty too. lol

Below are pics as of tonight. I decided to try the flash for a few pics of the colas and the green turns out really bright and cool looking (if not an entirely accurate representation of color). You get the idea anyway. On to the pics! :thanks:

20140320_175156.jpg

20140320_175204.jpg

20140320_175229.jpg

20140320_175302.jpg

20140320_175316.jpg

20140320_175339.jpg

20140320_175410.jpg

20140320_175438.jpg

20140320_175357.jpg

20140320_175458.jpg

20140320_175549.jpg

Very nice Guesstimator! When I looked at my girls this morning, it looks like they have all grown a ton! In two days time I can see a huge difference. I can't wait until harvest! Those girls love our ZNET's!

Thanks Jimmy6k for turning us on to it! Thanks Amy for awesome customer service!
:green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:

Back
Top Bottom