GuttaCannabis Dank Bag Seeds 1st Indoor CFL Organics Grow - Grow Journal 2015

3 5 gallon buckets of water. The first one put 1 cup each of baking soda and lemon juice, the second one add just a quarter cup of peroxide and the third one is just pure water. Slosh each branch around in each bucket for about 30 seconds and hang as usual. That should take care of any nasties on your bud bro. What did you learn from your first grow bro :)

20150729_175322.jpg
20150729_175604.jpg
20150729_175251.jpg
so how is the drying coming along? start a new grow yet?

:hookah:

Update of my plant sir, 2nd week of 12/12 under 105w of cfls, how does it look like? Does it look like your plant thats on 2nd week also? Just want to know if im doing good, i cant wait the buds to form and thicken up. Hehe any comments suggestions, tips and tricks would help me .

Any comments suggestions, tips and tricks would help me .

More light and you should probably stand your plant upright otherwise all the soil is gonna fall out of the pot. :loopy:

Sir what do you mean for "stand your plant upright otherwise all the soil is gonna fall out of the pot"

I have trained them low for even canopy the tip is like 16in from the soil before i switch my light to 12/12 and now 2 weeks its like 2ft already , I've read that sativas will be taller than indicas, when can i expect to see the buds fill up and thicken? Next week? The fourth week or fifth?

And for the lights, what will happen if i dont add more lights, will the tops have more thick buds than the buds below not having as much light as the tops?

Thanks for ur response, this is my first grow ever. So happy that im able to get to this stage.

Kinglebron, I was just joking that you should rotate your photos before uploading them, "otherwise all the soil is gonna fall out". Haha, right?

Usually the stretch happens in the first couple of weeks, then the flowers start to appear and it's during the last couple weeks of flower that the buds really start to thicken up. Depending on the strains your growing flowering could take anywhere from 7-12 weeks.

As for light, with 105w of CFLs, the most you could expect to harvest is 3-4oz, but a more likely scenario is 1-2oz. With CFLs, the bulbs should be just a couple of inches away from the buds. If the light is any further away, you'll end up with small, airy popcorn bugs. If you plan to stick with just the 105w of CFL, then I suggest trimming off any lower bud sites now, so they don't sap precious energy from the larger buds.

GuttaCannabis's grow is a great example of how CFLs can be done right - lots of light!

Whitty's first journal, not to shit of Whitty, was grown under CFLs and he kept the light about 12-in from the tops. If you check it out, the buds are frosty and nice, but popcorn size at best.

Another great place to ask questions is over at Sweetsue's perpetual journal. A number of experienced growers are over there willing to share their knowledge with anybody that wants to grow better dope.

Hope that helps. If you'd like to continue this discussion head over to my High Brix journal because I feel this journal is gonna get moved to "Completed Journals" shortly.

Happy growing!

P.S. also, you should start a journal so we can keep track of your grow to make sure everything is up to snuff.

Hahaha thats what i was thinking rotate the picture, and i want to start a journal but i dont know if someone will check out my progress, thanks for the help again,
If i tie the branches now, will it stress my plant? Will it turn to be a hermie? I want to tie the branches just to open the middle to penetrate more light and airflow. Can i do it?

Also they are on 1 gallon pot, cqn it make it through harvest time?

Answers...

Hahaha thats what i was thinking rotate the picture, and i want to start a journal but i dont know if someone will check out my progress, thanks for the help again,
If i tie the branches now, will it stress my plant? Will it turn to be a hermie? I want to tie the branches just to open the middle to penetrate more light and airflow. Can i do it?

Also they are on 1 gallon pot, cqn it make it through harvest time?

KB,
If you don't want to start a journal, feel free to post update photos on my journal at: Growing High Brix With Mystery Seeds

It'd be more ideal if you had transplanted to a bigger pot before flipping to 12/12, but I wouldn't transplant now that you're in flower. A few weeks into flower, cannabis plants usually stop growing roots and focus all of their energy on reproduction. That said, you'll be just fine in a 1-gallon pot. Since it doesn't have the same size root system it would in a 2, 3, or 5-gallon pot, you'll have to stay on top of watering and feeding to avoid dehydration and malnutrition.

As for tying the branches, I say "Just do it!" The minimal stress will actually strengthen the stem and allow your plant to bush up (more so than it is already). After opening it up, make sure to adjust the height of the light or add some books beneath the pot to bring the plant within a couple inches of the light. With CFLs, the plant can damn near be touching the bulbs without harm. You'll need that extra light intensity to bulk up your buds.

Here is a helpful infographic that explains how light intensity drastically diminishes as the light moves farther away:
isqrr.gif

Hope all of that helps. If you have more questions, post them on my journal as I check that more frequently. Growing High Brix With Mystery Seeds

Re: Answers...

​yow olde school, heres my update entering 4th week of flowering, why do the buds/budsites look like stretching? And the budsites(along the nodes of the entire-stalk) still dont have pistils forming, they are just stretching, the buds look like they are growing longer. Also, on top of the colas, i still dont see any pistils, just new leaf growth,-Do this look normal to you?-

Re: Where did you go?

What's the good word, Gutta? How are them buds treating you?:Namaste:

, heres my update entering 4th week of flowering, why do the buds/budsites look like stretching? And the budsites(along the nodes of the entire-stalk) still dont have pistils forming, they are just stretching, the buds look like they are growing longer. Also, on top of the colas, i still dont see any pistils, just new leaf growth,-Do this look normal to you?-

, heres my update entering 4th week of flowering, why do the buds/budsites look like stretching? And the budsites(along the nodes of the entire-stalk) still dont have pistils forming, they are just stretching, the buds look like they are growing longer. Also, on top of the colas, i still dont see any pistils, just new leaf growth,-Do this look normal to you?-

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

It looks like a very sativa dominant strain, so it will probably flower for 12-weeks. Stretching during the first few weeks of flower is normal. Looking great for a small grow!

50 days into veg

Good evening :420: so it's been 50 days today my plants have been veg in from seeds. finally pick up some cal mag yesterday gave them a feeding of that hopefully that will help my plant that was showing signs of calcium and mag deficiency. In another week they will be going into flowering but before I do that, this weekend I was going to attempt my first ever clones so wish me good luck guys
20150424_111203.jpg
20150424_110820.jpg
20150424_111235.jpg
20150424_110852.jpg
20150424_111308.jpg
20150424_110835.jpg
20150424_111046.jpg

wow I see a big difference from using cfl and hps it took me half the time to get my plants to this size using hps :) nice

Back
Top Bottom