Hannabis Cannabis - DWC - LED - 1st Run - Picture Intensive

I have read where hydrogaurd says 2 ml on the bottle but the website actually states : Hydroponic Applications: 5 - 10 ml/gallon. If you bought a big bottle and have enough i would add at least 5 ml per gallon. You can make the call though you have a large reservoir!

Added more to make it 5ml/gallon this morning. We'll see how they do. 3 out of 5 plants have roots showing under the net pot now, one of them has been chilling in the res for a day or two now,

Be careful! I was told that hydrogaurd is a more concentrated form of aquashield. I don't think you can burn it but better safe than sorry. I usually drop 10ml per gallon on aquashield.

Sounds good archie! 5ml a gallon should be perfect! Your roots will really thrive on it! Also those top feed systems really suck... I wouldnt even worry about keeping that going once your roots hit the water. They keep your rockwool to wet and is not needed after roots hit the water! As long as the roots are in the water thats all that is needed! Keep up the good work and keep us updated with pics!

Sounds good archie! 5ml a gallon should be perfect! Your roots will really thrive on it! Also those top feed systems really suck... I wouldnt even worry about keeping that going once your roots hit the water. They keep your rockwool to wet and is not needed after roots hit the water! As long as the roots are in the water thats all that is needed! Keep up the good work and keep us updated with pics!

Really? so there's really no benefit to having the top feed thing once the root hits the water?

I was going off this post a bit as well.
Deep Water Culture Tutorial, SH Kit & DIY

This is a true Drip system:
Drip_System.gif

What you have is just a simple DWC system that has a pump to top feed correct? If so that is correct you do not need the top feed system and there is no use for it once the roots hit your reservoir solution. A lot of growers here have the top feed system that came with there DWC cabinets but they dont even use the top feed feature on them. They just use it as a simple DWC system.

This is a DWC setup:

DWC_Water_Culture.gif

The air stones in the bottom of the reservoir aerate the water. When the bubbles come to the top they burst and splash water all around. This keeps everything wet enough and the roots that are new and growing out the netpot will get wet from the bubbles popping.

This is a true Drip system:
What you have is just a simple DWC system that has a pump to top feed correct? If so that is correct you do not need the top feed system and there is no use for it once the roots hit your reservoir solution. A lot of growers here have the top feed system that came with there DWC cabinets but they dont even use the top feed feature on them. They just use it as a simple DWC system.

This is a DWC setup:

The air stones in the bottom of the reservoir aerate the water. When the bubbles come to the top they burst and splash water all around. This keeps everything wet enough and the roots that are new and growing out the netpot will get wet from the bubbles popping.

Awesome, I'll remove the drip line once all the roots touches the water. I still have 2 plants that the roots haven't shown under the net pot

This was the post I was talking about btw

A true Deep Water Culture System is my favorite. It uses a submersive water pump, that pumps water to an Irrigation Hub, also called an Irrigation Manifold, that divides the water into 6 streams to each grow cup and root base. It is the MOST rapid growing system available. I can get an average of one inch growth in height daily using the Bubleponics System.

So, What Is Deep Water Culture, Exactly?

The world’s first continuous plant feeding system, Deep Water Culture is a hybrid design that takes the best from both worlds of the Deep Water Culture (aka DWC, “bubbler”) and Drip Systems. Since the nutrient mix is highly oxygenated, Deep Water Culture converts its drip function to a constant feed flow directly to the inner roots, fed as a slight trickle. Without needing to take breaks to allow the root base to drain and absorb oxygen, plants in the Deep Water Culture system are able to deliver unparalleled growth energy.

This advantage is particularly pronounced during early vegetative phases when the plant’s root mass is still relatively small. Cuttings placed into the system experience no noticeable transplant shock and practically start growing immediately. In experiments measured against leading aeroponic systems, the Deep Water Culture design shaved, on average, four days from a two week growing cycle, a 30% growth rate increase over Aeroponics in the early vegetative stage; truly amazing. As the root mass of the respective plants grow larger, growth rate advantages were less evident, however, the plants in the Deep Water Culture planter maintained their 4-5 day lead over the aeroponic plants throughout the cycle.

In a series of stress tests, plants in the Deep Water Culture system performed remarkably when recovering from an over-fertilized condition. With almost the entire root mass destroyed, Deep Water Culture was able to revive 67% of the plants which started re-growing new roots and were able to complete their cycle. None of the other plants in the aeroponic products survived this stress test. The tests concluded that the Deep Water Culture system provided significant recovery advantages over other systems when it came to anything that stressed or killed that root mass.

Hub Feeding Ensures Consistency

The Deep Water Culture design is, ironically enough, one of the first hydroponic products to use real irrigation parts. This includes a hub feed system, where the main flow from the water pump is broken up into 6 smaller feeder tubes via a pressure regulating irrigation distributor. No other plant’s sites are thus dependant on any other as they would be in most drip systems that use T’ed designs. This also ensures identical feeding conditions at each site.

Looks like the runt is getting a bit of a nute burn? I think it's either from the pH Down or the bennies.
The root hasn't even peeked out of the net pot...

I added a few more gallons of R/O water to lower the ppm down to around 150 @.5

24170.jpg

3 out of 5 plant has roots coming out of the net pot and reaching the water, the other 2's roots are nowhere in sight.
25167.jpg

Your plant would not have nute burn from plain water and hydrogaurd.... Im sorry im not sure what the problem is as long as your pH is correct around 5.8. Possible of overwatering from the top feed? What timer do you have it set on?

Also ph down is deadly when used wrong my friend. 2 drops is good 6 drops is certain death

This is not true.... Where are you getting this information? I have used a lot more than 6 drops in my small 3 gallon reservoir before. As long as the pH is adjusted correctly down to around 5.8 it will be ok. We try and stay away from using a lot of it by either adding nutes to lower it or water to raise it but in his stage pH down is a must and he has a large reservoir. Im sure he had to use more than 2 drops lol...

I don't care what other ppl are telling you. I have burned my plants hard by using to much aquashield and Orca in the seedling/sprout stage. What I heard is hydrogaurd is stronger than aquashield. Use it of course it rocks but become familiar with the product it can kill a sprout.

This is not true.... Where are you getting this information? I have used a lot more than 6 drops in my small 3 gallon reservoir before.
You probably have to do additional things after using the ph down then. I speak from experience lol I only use the ph down per gallon and three is enough to get me to a good level to cleanse my rock wool cubes. The ph down is very concentrated and it doesn't take much at all.

They will if its back to almost plain water. I had this happen in January this year in a failed grow not due to this problem but if you look at my first failed grow you will see I hit them with almost the same blend and I burned them just the same. My pics may be a close match to yours. Get the little chemical drops kit as a back up for your digital meter at the first sign something weird is happening double check your readings with the backup. I had a bad meter for almost a month.

I added the 2nd light back. I think when I had 2 lights the plant looked stronger. I'm not sure of the science of this, feel free to chime in.

More lights yes as long as the plants don't burn from the heat or to close.

they're about 20" away from the plant, and LED doesn't produce much heat at all. I think if they get too much light they start bleaching but I haven't noticed any of that yet. I wish I could do it with just one light to save a bit of energy but it just feels awkward especially since I think I spaced my plants too far apart from each other so the light would have to be around 3-4' away to get even distribution

Most guys here that grow LED have been saying you can easily use 3x the amount of led light the manufacturer recommends, that is if you are looking to approach HPS grows. I like led for the same reason heat+electric costs.

Back
Top Bottom