Harry's Hybrid Grow

Thanks so much for all the kind words everyone!!

Sorry that it's been so long since last check in but this is my busy time of year.

Nothing much happening on the vegging cycle except that they're doing great and getting bigger. I should be able to sex them out soon. Pix by the weekend!!

I wanted to update my harvesting progress. I've chopped the other FB clone from my experiment. This one was grown using only Age Old products and when all was said and done, she was almost exactly the same weight as the Fox Farm grown plant (over 5oz from each plant). From this experiment, I have concluded that both FF and AO products work equally well and they both work great. So, if you're wanting to go all organic in soil, Age Old Grow and Age Old Bloom are excellent products and at around $12 qt, they won't break your bank.

Here's some pix of the Fast Betty all organic test.

fb-org-har0.jpg

fb-org-har1.jpg

fb-org-har2.jpg

fb-org-har3.jpg

I've also chopped the Lavern clone, which was POTM for May 2009. She was an amazing plant, with about a dozen or more colas, many of them really huge. She's sticky sweet, lime green and packed with resin.

lavclonehar1.jpg

lavclonehar2.jpg

lavclonehar3.jpg

lavclonehar4.jpg

lavclonehar5.jpg

I'm looking forward to seeing what her crosses look like. Hope I get a couple of females from her beans. Pix of the crosses this weekend!!

Time for a :smokin: and a happy nappy.

:peace:

Harry

Harry,
You are always impressive.
I am planning future grows right now. I haven't heard of age old before. Where do you get it? All I can say is Wow!!! reps for you!
WOW!!!
fineas
o<

Thanks Propa, Southern & fineas!!

Here's a few kinda boring veg pix.

Group shot (Just a bit of FB mama in the upper left corner)
crossveg1.jpg

Purple Shirley
crossveg2.jpg

I've LST'd them just a little, only leaning them back a bit.
crossveg3.jpg

I only have one plant left to be harvested, a Sheena clone. She was a mother but I decided to let the strain go (because of the late flowering bananas she produced) so I topped it and flowered it. Topping produced about 10 pretty nice colas. She's been flushed and I'll chop her in a couple of days. Looks like I'll get around 4oz from her.

crossveg4.jpg

crossveg5.jpg

After I clear the flower room and give it a good cleaning, I plan on moving all the vegging plants into the flower area at 18/6. The veg area is getting crowded for a 400w bulb. I'll continue to veg under the 600 in the flower area for a few more days, getting my plants a little taller and hopefully sexing them before switching to 12/12.

Harry

Thanks Hazeseeker!!

I am planning future grows right now. I haven't heard of age old before. Where do you get it? All I can say is Wow!!! reps for you!
WOW!!!
fineas
o<

Thanks for the reps, fineas and I'm looking forward to your future grows.

I believe Be IRIE recommended AO organic products to me. Good stuff!!

Age Old Organics offers Organic Fertilizers, Organic Nutrients for hydroponic and soil applications

They have a list of online retailers on their site.

Harry

I swear you always leave me speechless Harry.You've got the touch for sure. ;)
Hey man,do me a favor would you?
I have a plant problem and would love your input.Thanks brotha!

Need some help please.

Thanks McBudz!!

I thought I'd put up a quick update.

Nothing much to report on this grow but I've moved the seedlings to larger pots and started a little LSTing. I'm not going to put the plants grown from seed through any High Stress Training. I want to be gentle with them in hopes of getting at least 50% ladies.

I do have two female clones that I plan on abusing. :grinjoint:

I have 6 plants from seed and I'm hoping to get 3+ females but even two will work, being that I have two female clones just in case. Any less than two females would be a disaster but the odds are low that will occur.

They suffered a little minor stress from transplanting and moving under the hotter HM lamp but they are doing well and I expect a speedy recovery.

Group shot..

roxclhar4.jpg

This is a clone of purple Shirley. I had already been vegging and LSTing it for a couple of weeks before starting up the other 7 plants. She is a slow grower and she doesn't get very tall so I needed to get a head start with her. I suspect she will be the first one I move to flowering.

roxclhar5.jpg

To keep this journal from getting boring, I thought I sprinkle in my harvest pix as I posted updates to the vegging.

Here's the results of my 1st of 5 plants to be harvested over the next several weeks. It's a Roxy clone that went 90 days @ 12/12. She produced ~120 grams of nice bud when dried, which is a bit over 4oz. I'm happy with that.

roxclhar1.jpg

roxclhar2.jpg

roxclhar3.jpg

She has a citrus taste and good up buzz however this will be the last time I grow Roxy. She was a nice plant and a good yielder but I've bigger fish to fry. I do have some of her seeds that I crossed up with Capt. Dusty for future grows. ;)

Time for another smoke test. :smokin:

Harry

Can i have her then? Haha...
i'm 95% sure that my babies are also Mexi-sativas, they look virtually indentical to the plants in your first two grows.

Three times bigger when switched to 12/12?
Damn. i'm at three feet right now, guess i should switch over to flowering before they get so big they bust out through the ceiling. i was hoping to let them veg indoors until right around Fall Equinox (it's way too hot to leave them outdoors and will remain as such until mid-September at least) and let them flower with the Sun. Looks like that won't be happening.

Okay, now that i've gone thoroughly off topic, i'll just state that i'll be watching this journal like a hawk. i found your other journals and read them back to back in three/four hours. Captivating stuff, you've got one hell of a green thumb man. If i manage to pull off a quarter as much as you have i'll be extremely pleased with myself.

But seriously, can i have Roxy?
Okay, i'm done now.:smokin:

Thanks dss802, Soniq & minus!!

I've been so busy lately, I just haven't had much time to do anything, including update this journal or hang around 420mag. There hasn't been much to report anyway, until now..

I ended up with around 23oz from the 5 plants I harvested. I averaged approx. 4.5oz of good bud per plant so I'm very happy with that. Never thought I'd get that kind of yield from a single 600w HPS lamp. :grinjoint:

I also have great news to report on the hybrid seeds. I got 4 ladies out of the 6 seedlings and I couldn't be happier. Two Lavern X Dusty and Two Fast Betty X Dusty so it worked out perfectly. :smokin:

I had two female clones just in case so I just decided to flower all 6 and I managed to pack them all into the flower area.

Here's a look at all 6. They are 7 days into 12/12 and stretching on out.

qfi2-day7-1.jpg

I let them veg to 20"+ before flipping to 12/12 so I should get some 4 footers by the end.

Here's a look at Lavern X Dusty..

qfi2-day7-2.jpg

And Fast Betty X Dusty..

qfi2-day7-3.jpg

I have one odd ball. She really stretched out during veg and I thought for sure it was going to be a tall lanky male but it turned out to be a female. It has long internodal lengths and big burly leaves. It's growing fast and tall too, so she might have the ginormous gene, like Miss Burly but she's been LST'd a little so it probably won't get that big, I hope..

qfi2-day7-4.jpg

Considering how stretchy she was, I thought about not flowering it out but my curiosity got the better of me. I'll have to keep an eye on it though. It might be a hermie.

So far, so good.

More later!! :smokin:

Harry

Thanks friends!!

I'm wondering if I'll be able to get the same kinds of yields from these hybrid seeds, compared to the big Sativas I'm wrangling down to size with High Stress Training. I doubt that I will get those kinds of yields from this grow. I'll probably have to wait until I get some clones going and put them through some HST to produce lots of colas.

I happened to take a few snaps of the ladies just before lights on to give a true sense of their color.

qfi2-day7-5.jpg

This Lavern X Capt. Dusty cross really looks great..
qfi2-day7-6.jpg

Here's the two clones that have been heavily stress trained to produce many colas
qfi2-day7-7.jpg

Fast Betty X Capt. Dusty
qfi2-day7-8.jpg

All of these plants are being grown with organic products. I've been using Age Old Grow & Bloom + Foxfarm's Big Bloom for the additional micro-nutes.

The grow medium used is 60% recycled and 40% new. The recycled medium has been rejuvenated with
dry organic ferts from FoxFarm's, which also contain beneficial enzymes.

I guess it remains to be seen as to whether my recycling works out but so far, so good. The real test will be two months from now, when they start reaching maturity.

Back
Top Bottom