Harry's Hybrid Grow

Day 21 of 12/12

I wanted to put up a little update. Here are the 4 hybrid ladies from seed and 2 clones at 21 days into flowering. The hybrids have grown pretty tall and I'm hoping they've finished their stretch. They are ranging from 40" - 48", with the two clones just under 40". I had veg'd them to ~20" tall.

Tight Group Shot
qfi2-day21-1.jpg

Reaching for the light
qfi2-day21-2.jpg

Filling in a little
qfi2-day21-3.jpg

Starting to frost up
qfi2-day21-4.jpg

Interesting bud formation
qfi2-day21-5.jpg

The plants are all healthy and happy using the recycled soil with the dry organic supplements. I've only had to water 3 times since moving to 12/12, using 1tsp of FF Big Bloom & 1tsp of Age Old Bloom per watering. They seem to be taking that nicely.

I can also see the inherited genetics in the hybrids (from the exotic male I got from some special seeds given to me). They are smelling strong and look to be frosting up really well, which is a good sign I think. They seem to be hardy growing plants.

Only having one of the special seeds sprout and having it be a male on top, was a setback, but by using the pollen from that male on my last grow, I've finally got the new genetics into my rotation.

I can't wait to get a taste of this new stuff!! :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

Hello Harry,
Your ladies always looking so good. Are they in a substrate as you mentioned in the first page? ANd the nutrients you mentioned w/ the last photo are per gallon of water or how do you feed them again? Please bear with my lack of focus I have had lately... There are no parts of your ladies that arent beautiful, not even a leaf tip is brown! You are providing these girls with a perfect diet and environment it looka like. I am sure most of us growers want to be you when we grow up.

Thanks for the kind words Pit, BWC & Tric!!

Are they in a substrate as you mentioned in the first page? ANd the nutrients you mentioned w/ the last photo are per gallon of water or how do you feed them again?
Yes. They are in the medium mentioned in the first post, using 60% recycled medium with the added dry nute supplements. I've been feeding with 1 tsp of FF Big Bloom + 1 tsp Age Old Bloom on each watering.

I just substituted Age Old Grow for Age Old Bloom in the last feeding to kick up the N levels, in an effort to keep 'em green over the next few weeks. I'm thinking 10-11 weeks on these hybrids. They seem to be maturing quickly.

So here's some new pix at 30 days into 12/12..

The hybrids range from 45" to 54", with the two clones at around 40" tall/

qfi2-day30-1.jpg

qfi2-day30-2.jpg

qfi2-day30-3.jpg

qfi2-day30-5.jpg

This is the BIG lady (54") - Looks like she might needs more nutes, specifically some xtra N.
qfi2-day30-4.jpg

They're looking frosty, which is a good sign. :grinjoint:
qfi2-day30-6.jpg

qfi2-day30-7.jpg

qfi2-day30-8.jpg

qfi2-day30-9.jpg

So far, so good. I think these hybrids are gonna be good. They are a little larger that I anticipated, especially the big one but I think I can get them through to the end without going root bound. I'll be LSTing the clones of these ladies and keeping the to my optimum 40" mark.

On a happy note, they are really frosting up well and have a very sweet, fruity smell.

Time for night capper! :smokin:

Harry

I don't remember them being so sugar coated to early in your last grow. If this keeps up, we won't be able to see through the trichomes to see the green ;)

I am always so impressed with your garden Harry.Just gorgeous! ;)

Hi Harry,
Lordy almighty !!! The frost is un __ believable!!! I am in awe. And I am staring for a long long time as well but I am not stoned!
SO when you see some yellowing in the even in the blooming stage you bump up the nitrogen a bit? I have tried that with my 'maters but not with the herb. I wasn't quite sure if it would upset the flowering process but your photos show that it does not.
I'll bet you're proud of those beautiful ladies.

Hi Harry,
SO when you see some yellowing in the even in the blooming stage you bump up the nitrogen a bit? I have tried that with my 'maters but not with the herb. I wasn't quite sure if it would upset the flowering process but your photos show that it does not.
I usually kick in a little extra N around 3-4 weeks into flowering. Looking at Fox Farm's feeding schedule, they recommend doing that as well. After that, I go with high P flowering nutes the rest of the way.

Sweeet!!!
Great trich coverage.
Looks like you got a nice variety of phenotypes from your breeding.
Plants look very healthy. I really like how uniform your plants grow.
Awesome job!
Thanks tricome. On the 4 hybrids, I have one that looks just like the Lavern Mother, one that looks just like the Fast Betty mother. One pheno looks a lot like the father (at least in stature) and has an amazing sweet grape bubblegum smell. It's grown fast and has gotten large. It looks like it will be the first to mature. The buds are already starting to foxtail, swell and harden.

The other interesting pheno is a nice balance between the Lavern mother and the dad. That one has an extreme amount of thrichs.

I have a feeling it's going to be very powerful. :smokin:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom