Hash Hounds Brixperiment with Doc's Kit

Doc,

I not sure what you mean about inverted temps, but they are low 80's in the daytime, and high 60's to low 70's at night, which is the house temp.

One thing my grow does lack is climate control, other than the ambient temp of the house which is 65-70, venting heat from the room is all we can do, and the heat is pretty much kept in check by the exhaust fan.

Foliar routine for this week is STRESS on Tuesday, Snowstorm Thursday, BRIX on Saturdays.

Wednesday will be 21 days 12/12 and they will get another trim.

Doc,

I not sure what you mean about inverted temps, but they are low 80's in the daytime, and high 60's to low 70's at night, which is the house temp.

One thing my grow does lack is climate control, other than the ambient temp of the house which is 65-70, venting heat from the room is all we can do, and the heat is pretty much kept in check by the exhaust fan.

Foliar routine for this week is STRESS on Tuesday, Snowstorm Thursday, BRIX on Saturdays.

Wednesday will be 21 days 12/12 and they will get another trim.

By inverted temps, I meant night warmer than day. That doesn't apply so no big deal.

The only thing you're doing differently is the Snowstorm, but I don't see how that is going to change much.

They do look pretty good, and those roots are crazy. I say prune 'em up and enjoy.

I only used SSU 2x foliar so far and once in water a very light dose.

It makes my friend happy, he loves the stuff for some reason.

We try so many different things but unfortunately it is done to all the plants, so we never figure if it is a combination of everything we use throught a grow, or is there one thing we are using that is pushing them to A1 smoke?

Over all I can say my grows have been major problem free, and minimum of minor problems.

My friend says of all the grows we have done, he liked the smoke, yield, etc of 2 grows ago. I must admit, they were some of our frostiest plants.

I looked back at my notes, and it was the grow where I used the clean the old nutes off the shelf method.

It was Promix Organic, Magik Moss, perlite, worm castings, Fox Farm Tomato boxed organic, epsom, 6/5/3 minerals, Azomite, OC+ and DMRed. on the light side of the recommended dose, or all that was left in the bag or box.

fed with a little of the 3 different nutes, Dynagro Bloom, Gianormous, or Dr Earth Bud & Bloom Teas, on a rotating basis, along with Molasses, Stump Tea or Myco Madness, and Snowstorm Ultra. All on the light side of recommended doses.

I still think it's all in the genetics. I have grown A+ right along with a C that had exact soil and feeding.

I am assuming we are for the most part good to very good growers so a good seed is going to excell with our TLC as compared to a guy with some Miracle Gro and a desk lamp.

But no matter how much TLC we give it, a so-so seed gives you so-so weed.

Here is 2 grows ago.
G9_room_view_7_wks_2.jpg

G9_BK_6_wks_flwr_Defol.jpg

G9_BK_6_wks_flwr.jpg

This is from that hodge podge grow a few back, a supposed Bubba Kush clone a guy gave me.

It had mites. I treated and treated and treated, then I took the top off and cloned her to get rid of any lingering buggers in the soil. She was a fairly productive plant and grade A quality.

G9_BK_bud_dry.jpg

Did a light defol today and watered.

Here are a few of the bad leafs I cut off. There were about a dozen so nothing wide spread. Over all nice and healthy.

However, I did notice the buds not as far along as they should be compared to other grows. Other than the PE which seems right on schedule.

SO, I swapped out the Digital+ HPS, which seems to kick but in veg, and I was disapointed with the trichome production last grow with it also. I replaced it with the SunMaster Super Deluxe. It's not brand new but only has about 9 months use so far, and I have used SunMaster on all my other grows and was pleased with them.

G11_bad_leafs_1.jpg

G11_bad_leafs_2.jpg

G11_bad_leafs.jpg

room view
G11_room_view_3_wks.jpg

Hey Hash.....those leaves look perfectly normal for drop-off time.

Is there any chance your grow partner might have added anything to "help?" Maybe some chem nutes or a TRF?

I've got just over 40 of these kits out there, and your grow is the only one that isn't blowing minds. One person even got energy and stress mixed up and was foliar feeding energy and watering stress......and they still looks good.

I honestly don't think he did. I usually do all the nute mixing and watering. He has only done a few of the foliars.

And I forgot to mention a poor reading of only 5 on the brix meter. Taken from some of the tender tips from the lower pruning.

I honestly don't think he did. I usually do all the nute mixing and watering. He has only done a few of the foliars.

And I forgot to mention a poor reading of only 5 on the brix meter. Taken from some of the tender tips from the lower pruning.

Well bro...I don't know what to say. No one else is having problems like this.

I'll gladly refund your money or give you another kit. Just let me know.

It looks like way too many nitrates is inhibiting bloom....but that's not possible if you followed directions. I have no idea what's wrong, but something definitely is.

Let me know what you want to do, and please let me know if someone spiked your soil.

Doc,

Let's see how they turn out. I grew the Diesel and Pineapple Express last gorw also, we'll see how they compare. They are both very good. I have grown the WW from seed before also.

Doc,

Let's see how they turn out. I grew the Diesel and Pineapple Express last gorw also, we'll see how they compare. They are both very good. I have grown the WW from seed before also.

No problem. We both hope for the best.

I'll get some pics of mine in the same soil, mixed the same way, watered and sprayed with exactly what you have. Hopefully, yours turn out the same way. If that's the case, I think you'll be happy. I definitely advise washing the buds too. You'll have a whole new level of taste and flavor.

It's not quite approaching shisha smoothness...but headed that way.

fed them with ENERGY and TEA on Saturday and foliar with BRIX. Low reading again :hmmmm:

They are very healthy, made a nice recovery.

I did some defol last week, but they need a little more. I won't strip them, but they need to be opened up.

The Pineapple Express seems to be budding up the most, but no where near Doc's pics at 3 weeks, way more tris on his. But their getting there.

Question Doc;
IF it was the soil not cooking properly as a problem, what would one do if they didn't even have time to cook soil from the beginning?

And do I need to do anything else to mine if it wasn't cooked properly that may give them a kick in the but now?

One more question, Would it pay to mix the ENERGY and TEA the day before and aerate it like brewing a tea? Would it form a head?

Pineapple Express is way ahead of the others
G11_PE_flwr_3_wks1.jpg

G11_PE_flwr_3_wks_b.jpg

Diesel
G11_DS_flwr_3_wks_b.jpg

room already needs another trim. And maybe a little more LST.
G11_room_view_flwr_3_wks.jpg

Hash,
Plants look great!!! I have "brewed" tea/energy the cut down version (2qt to 4gl), only because I am lazy and have my city water bubbling. It's really high in Cl so I need to let it go for a couple days before I use it. I don't know if it made any difference and it grew no head, so to speak. I'll try a true gallon of tea/energy this afternoon and get back with you :)

Hey Hash!

They are looking pretty lush, aren't they? Maybe a bit too lush. Hmmmm.

Lush they are. Although I'm surprised they are dull looking rather than shinny.

My last two grows were very shinny in mineralized soils.

These are improving every day since the transplant setback.

Doc said he has about 40 kits out. I am the only one having issues so far. Not sure if they are kit related or not.

One thing I know is the slight set back from transplant was only temporary and they have recovered quite well.

A pro football player that has arthroscopic knee surgery is back on the field in 3 or 4 weeks, and it took me 3 or 4 months to recover. Why? Because the pro eats well and is healthy and has a trainer and heals quicker, me, a lot of junk food and not so healthy and takes longer.

Brix plants, healthy, and not only fed well, but get exactly what the Doctor ordered.

Normal plant might be fed well, but not nowing exactly what they need or have too much of get a lot of "let me try this or that" when a problem occurs and sometimes it helps and some times it doesn't if we guess wrong.

Doc is now seeing a not so perfect grow in case others have problems, he will be able to diagnose the situation, and then already know that a dose of this or that is what is needed to remedy the situation. After all he hans't been growing high brix for many years. If my setback helps the learning curve, so be it. I am confident I will have the best weed in town in a few weeks.

And after all it is a "brixperimnent"

Even if you buy an item that was top rated by Consumer Reports, you can still get a product that might have a problem.

I have been itching to brew up a batch of miracle tea that will put my plants over the top, but I have been a good boy and am sticking to the game plan.

That's a real good way to look at things. I completely agree. I always look at growing as an experiment and I usually do pretty well, but if something goes wrong I know what not to do next time. I really think you will have some ridiculous weed in the next month.

Man Doc has 40 kits out! That's awesome. I am happy for him. I better get my order in for my second kit before he runs out lol.

How often have you been spraying stress? Twice a week?

Well Stepp, when I transplanted and they weren't looking so hot, I was giving them 2x STRESS and 1 BRIX a week.

Now that they have made a nice recovery, I do 1x STRESS, 1x Snowstorm, 1x BRIX.

Back
Top Bottom