HashGirl Grows Alpine Star CBD, Carnival, Dark Devil & Raspberry Cough

There's going to be a light change in my small tent, a 3x3 Mars Hydro tent.

Felonious and I both grew in just the large tents last grow and they're 4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D Grow Tents.

The light that was in the tent that Felonious grew in was the light that is now in the small tent, a Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED. After our last grows were done, we ordered him a new light, the same as the one that we got for my tent at the end of my previous grow, a Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light.

Felonious moved all the toppings we have so far to the cloning machine and that takes up the space for at least 2 plants and anyways, I want to transplant my plants and put them in the tents. They're still on the baker's rack but 12 plants in 5 gallon pots definitely won't fit there so we need to get the lights set up in the tents for veg as I don't want to put them into flower until about a week after they're transplanted, I think.

But, when we got the lights all set up, the power in that whole wing of the house kept going off, which was definitely bad but Felonious figured out that his large tent and light were on a different circuit and the baker's rack in the Great Room was on the same circuit as his tent so we moved the cloning machine to the baker's rack and the small light from the small tent back to his tent and then, I'll get one of the new lights (Sweet! :cheesygrinsmiley: ) for the Dark Devil, Carnival and Raspberry Cough. That should help their buds. Felonious and I are loving the newer lights.

:idea: Does anyone know if the Mars Hydro contest is still on? It just occurred to me that replacing the energy sucking small light and replacing it with another of the more efficient ones might be a good reason to throw this journal into the contest. What do you think?

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***

420 Notes - 23-Feb-21.jpg

I've started transplanting them to 5 gallon pots. Since I had to fertigate all of them today, I only transplanted ALP1. ALP5 was transplanted yesterday.

Here are the photos:

ALPINE STAR CBD 1 (41 DAYS):

Photo 1 - ALP1.jpeg

Photo 2 - ALP1.jpeg

Photo 3 - ALP1.jpeg

ALPINE STAR CBD 2 (41 DAYS):

Photo 4 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 5 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 6 - ALP2.jpeg

ALPINE STAR CBD 3 (41 DAYS):

Photo 7 - ALP3.jpeg

Photo 8 - ALP3.jpeg

See next post for more photos.

*** WEEKLY UPDATE *** cont'd...

ALPINE STAR CBD 4 (41 DAYS):
Photo 9 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 11 - ALP4.jpeg

ALPINE STAR CBD 5 (41 DAYS):

Photo 12 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 14 - ALP5.jpeg

ALPINE STAR CBD 6 (41 DAYS):

Photo 15 - ALP6.jpeg

Photo 16 - ALP6.jpeg

ALPINE STAR CBD 8 (33 DAYS):

Photo 17 - ALP8.jpeg

Photo 18 - ALP8.jpeg

DARK DEVIL AUTO (43 DAYS):
Photo 19 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 20 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 21 - DDA.jpeg

CARNIVAL (41 DAYS):

Photo 22 - Carnival.jpeg

Photo 23 - Carnival.jpeg

RASPBERRY COUGH (43 DAYS):

Photo 24 - Raspberry Cough.jpeg

Photo 24 - RC.jpeg

And, that's it. Let me know if you see any problems or if you can tell whether I can do any LST yet.

There's going to be a light change in my small tent, a 3x3 Mars Hydro tent.

Felonious and I both grew in just the large tents last grow and they're 4' x 4' x 6.5' Fusion Hut 600D Grow Tents.

The light that was in the tent that Felonious grew in was the light that is now in the small tent, a Mars Pro II Epistar 320 LED. After our last grows were done, we ordered him a new light, the same as the one that we got for my tent at the end of my previous grow, a Mars Hydro FC 3000 Full Spectrum 300W LED Grow Light.

Felonious moved all the toppings we have so far to the cloning machine and that takes up the space for at least 2 plants and anyways, I want to transplant my plants and put them in the tents. They're still on the baker's rack but 12 plants in 5 gallon pots definitely won't fit there so we need to get the lights set up in the tents for veg as I don't want to put them into flower until about a week after they're transplanted, I think.

But, when we got the lights all set up, the power in that whole wing of the house kept going off, which was definitely bad but Felonious figured out that his large tent and light were on a different circuit and the baker's rack in the Great Room was on the same circuit as his tent so we moved the cloning machine to the baker's rack and the small light from the small tent back to his tent and then, I'll get one of the new lights (Sweet! :cheesygrinsmiley: ) for the Dark Devil, Carnival and Raspberry Cough. That should help their buds. Felonious and I are loving the newer lights.

:idea: Does anyone know if the Mars Hydro contest is still on? It just occurred to me that replacing the energy sucking small light and replacing it with another of the more efficient ones might be a good reason to throw this journal into the contest. What do you think?
Hey, you can’t win of you don’t play! I’m not sure if it is still going but the info is likely on the original post (which I can’t find....). :goodluck:

Hey, you can’t win of you don’t play! I’m not sure if it is still going but the info is likely on the original post (which I can’t find....). :goodluck:
Thank you, Boo. I actually looked into it and the light that's the prize looks way too big for our tent so I decided not to enter. It's also almost over and whichever Mars Hydro light grow journal had the most views will win so those 2 items were also contributing factors.

By the way, I happened to glance at your signature recently and noticed that you're also growing Dark Devil so I've started reading your grow journal. And, I want to say that I am extremely sorry you lost your brother recently. I can't even imagine any of my siblings dying so my heart goes out to you. :hug:

I'd say most of those top nodes are long enough to get a tie around so you can lay them horizontal!

Thanks, Shed. My knees are really bothering me this week and my energy levels are low as well so I've just been doing one transplant a day. I had thought of doing 2 today but when it felt like all the plants needed nourishment, I spent more time doing that instead.

All the plants are still in veg and once they're transplanted to bigger pots, they will go into one of the three tents. I was planning on putting them into flower one week after the last one goes into the tent. So, if I do one transplant a day and I'm taking charge of 5 of the 9 plants while Felonious will do the other ones and put them in his tent.

Carnival still needs to be topped. She's just started her 6th node but since Felonious is putting the topping into the clone machine, the space between the 5th and 6th isn't tall enough yet.

So, my question is, during all of the above, when should I try to LST?

Not sure how you're defining LST here. Now would be the time to lay out the top nodes horizontal to allow the lowers to catch up, and then you don't flip until all your nodes are the same height.

If you mean bending them over, the answer is not at all. That kind of LST is done with the plant is much smaller than these, and done before topping, if you do any topping at all.

Not sure how you're defining LST here. Now would be the time to lay out the top nodes horizontal to allow the lowers to catch up, and then you don't flip until all your nodes are the same height.

If you mean bending them over, the answer is not at all. That kind of LST is done with the plant is much smaller than these, and done before topping, if you do any topping at all.

I'm referring to the first one.

So, you're saying, do LST on the plants I want to and it's only after all the nodes are the same height that I can put them into flower?

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***
Good afternoon, all.

The plants had a busy week last week. Last Monday (Feb. 22), I transplanted ALP5 to a 5 gallon pot and fertigated it with 3g MC/gal.

Last Tuesday (Feb. 23), I fertigated the rest of the plants other than ALP5.

Last Wednesday (Feb. 24), Felonious transplanted ALP6 to a 5-gallon pot.

Last Thursday (Feb. 25), I transplanted ALP4 to a 5-gallon pot and fertigated all the plants.

Last Friday (Feb. 26),
ALP8 and RC were transplanted to 5-gallon pots today. And, Carnival was topped. LST was performed on ALP4.

Last Saturday (Feb. 27), I transplanted the Carnival to a 5-gallon pot today and performed LST on the RC. Felonious transplanted ALP3 to a 5-gallon pot.

And, on Sunday (Feb. 28), since Felonious is in charge of ALP1, ALP3, ALP6 & ALP8 and since they're not being trained at all, they were put into flower today. DDA, Carn, RC, ALP2, ALP4, ALP5 were all fertigated with 4g MC/gal. ALP2 was transplanted to a 5-gallon pot and LST was performed on it.

Unfortunately, I neglected them between Sunday and today as I wasn't feeling well so in the photos, they don't look wonderful.

And, I decided that I'm not going to measure the height anymore on the ones I'm training. Doesn't seem to make much sense. So, here is today's info (Felonious is handling the rest now and I won't be reporting as much on them as before especially since they're in the tent with the pink lights):

March 4, 2021 Plant Info.jpg

Photo 1 - Carnival:

Photo 1 - Carnival.jpeg

Photo 2 - Carnival.jpeg

Dark Devil:

Photo 3 - Dark Devil.jpeg

Photo 4 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 5 - DDA.jpeg

Raspberry Cough:

Photo 6 - RC.jpeg

Photo 7 - RC.jpeg

ALP2 (Alpine Star CBD):

Photo 8 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 9 - ALP2.jpeg

To be continued...

ALP4:

Photo 10 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 11 - ALP4.jpg

ALP5:

Photo 12 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 13 - ALP5.jpeg

Yeah, I checked them when I got home from my dad's and they're looking perkier.

Hey HashGirl. I think I must have gotten lucky with my DDA attemp as it grew quite well even with a topping and reduced light. It was small but had lots of sides. I had to keep moving it around the grow room as the photos take precedent and it eventually ended up in a 12/12 tent. I think the flowers ended up being a little small but I will get that ounce I wanted lol. I did have some calcium and magnesium issues as well but in the end I just sort of forgot about it and let it do its own thing.
I'm not sure I would recommend DDA's as beginner friendly but it does smell fantastic. Should be dry any day now and I'm excited to get some in the vape.

*** WEEKLY UPDATE ***
Good afternoon.

Today was fertigation day so despite the fact that I was tired and hungry when I got home from the dentist, I fertigated all of them. Here is the updated info and the photos:

Photo 1 - March 10, 2021 Plant Info.jpg

ALP2:

Photo 2 - ALP2.jpeg

Photo 3 - ALP2.jpeg

ALP4:

Photo 4 - ALP4.jpeg

Photo 5 - ALP4.jpeg

ALP5:

Photo 6 - ALP5.jpeg

Photo 7 - ALP5.jpeg

I'm going to start another post with the non-Alpine Star photos.

Carnival:

Photo 8 - Carnival.jpeg

Photo 9 - Carnival.jpeg

DDA1:

Photo 9 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 10 - DDA.jpeg

Photo 11 - DDA.jpeg

Raspberry Cough:

Photo 12 - RC.jpeg

Photo 13 - RC.jpeg

And, that's it. Let me know if you see any issues. Any visible leaf damage was there from last week when I put off watering for one additional day when I wasn't feeling well.

Additionally, Felonious did something to 2 of his Alpine Stars to shorten them as they were almost touching the light. I think he bent the main cola on both of them to accommodate the light but I'm not 100% sure. I'll have to look at them again tomorrow.

Also, Felonious wonders if others using MegaCrop are able to dissolve it entirely in water or if it's supposed to just kind of float in the water? If you are able to dissolve it, how do you do that?

Thank you, Zooie and welcome to my journal.

Back
Top Bottom