Having a go a cloning

Since these were taken from flowering plants they will take a while longer to take hold so you will need to be patient. But when they do come around clones taken from flowering plants have the ability to become excessively bushy. At least in my experience that was the case with a few different strains.

very much appreciated.
so remove completely these 2?
remove.jpg

Here is a pic of some clones that have been trimmed. You don't want too much leaf because the plant has no roots to support all that foliage. The trick is to just leave enough for it survive.
clones1.jpeg

Go easy on the guy hes learning.

Sorry for the delay in responding. time flies when your busy.

Gorhad, I want you to know that I found it funny in a light hearted way, it was refreshing and cute and it reminded me of the beginning of my path not so long ago, I just got distracted before I could write my follow on post.

My humour can sometimes take a little adjusting to, but those of you that do know me, know I never take the piss out of new members. I welcome one and all into our wonderful world and we all have to start at the beginning. =)

on a more serious note, and just for the sake of multiple views, there are differing views on slicing leaves. A plant will generally work on that in which its most deficient, If you able to take a large clone and not cut the foliage, the plant can focus much more intently on making roots. you cut foliage off and your you have gone from a large plant with a root shortage to a small plant with root shortages, meaning that much sooner in its life it has to start making more foliage to keep balance with the newly forming roots. no matter how its calculated, less work is less work (for the plant).

However, it IS more difficult to keep such a plant healthy long enough to establish its roots, which is why the leaf cutting thing has become so prevalent, your clones end up taking longer to reach full potential, but the survival rate is much higher.

I'm about to try cloning for my first time too, but I'm not clear on if I can use cuttings from a girl in full bloom?
My girl is an outside plant which has turned out to be quite impressive (to me) by any noobie standard.
Will it work if I take some inner/lower branches off and use them for the cuttings? eventually as roots appear then bring them back to veg. by increasing light to say 20hrs. on 4hrs. off for the winter indoors?
I'm basiclly just trying to make sure I have more of this Lady next year.
She's not a show stopper, but I'm pretty proud of how she is turning out.
Thanks

its no biggy taking clones during flower, in fact the end results are pretty amazing, it takes slightly longer to root but when it does root you end up with a plant thats revegged, this means you have many many more branches in the end, its called monster cropping,

you can either take clones in flower then place them under 24-0 till they root then they go back into veg, or you can harvest a plant and leave a few buds on it after harvest and place it under 24-0 until it goes back into veg, both methods produce a monster cropped plant, i always reveg at least 1 plant per grow, you end up with 20 to 40% increase in yield with the same size plant due to the extra amount of branch growth you get,

check out monster cropping, you will find many plants with many many branches, you end up with that many branches that you end up cutting some off just to open the plant up to let the light in, but it does take longer to root then 2 or 3 weeks before the plant is back into a veg schedule, so go with either 24-0 until rooted then drop the lights to 18-6 to aid with root production or go with 20-4 then drop to 18-6.

when a plant is growing the light schedules make the plants do different things, now when the plant is in the light it stores energy in its leaves, then when the lights are out it uses this stored energy to repair damage done during the day time, it also sends the nutrients and energy back down to the roots so you have more root growth, also at night plants stretch to try and find the light just like they do when they are in the shade or like lower branches do that are shaded, they all stretch to find the light,

their was a study done a while back on lighting schedules and root development, they used 3 schedules, 24-0, 20-4 and 18-6, the best and most aggresive root growth was under the 18-6 schedule, if a plant has more roots it can clearly take in more water and nutrients and support a much bigger plant, so to me a plant with more roots is going to me more healthy and grow quicker than a plant that has less roots, this might be why reveg plants do so well,

anyways lets get back to the clones, clones taken in flower will root and will give you monster cropped plants which gives better returns compared with regular clones and plants, but you need to keep on top of them more as you end up with 4 or 5 times as many branches compard with a regular plant, actually id even say you get more than that, i must of removed about 30 shoots from my reveg plant and its still a huge bushy plant,

Thanks folks, I sure learn a lot here. Now finaly I can become self sufficient. I'm glad we have dispensary's, but I personaly can not afford to pay 400 an ounce for my meds. That would be more than half my miserable monthly income from disability. Thanks again.

Thanks folks, I sure learn a lot here. Now finaly I can become self sufficient. I'm glad we have dispensary's, but I personaly can not afford to pay 400 an ounce for my meds. That would be more than half my miserable monthly income from disability. Thanks again.

That's why I started growing, the price, plus you know exactly what was used to grow it.

I'm glad we could help you, don't be shy if you need more help.

Thank You! You are very kind. I'm pretty proud of the way these ladies have turned out.
To tell you the truth, I really didn't do much. I put them in a bottomless wooden box 3' square buried in the dirt over a leech field. Filled the box with layers of GOOD potting soil and composted cow manure. Add water and blackstrap mollasis and WHALAH! :)
There's other shots of these girls in my members gallery, but I'm still getting the hang of how to post them.
Again Thank You to EVERYBODY here. The knowlage I gain here keeps me independent. GREENEST REGARDS TO ALL!

cool no worries, glad to help, its what we are here for and we are all trying to produce great results,

what i do to post pics is have 2 tabs open, one on the same page as your pics and the other on the journal you want to post pics on, get the pics up on the one tab then you you right click on the pic and click properties it will show you the url of the pic, it will start with h t t p, but without the spaces, then highlight and right click and choose copy,
then go back to the journal you want to post the pics in then in the text box you write in click on the icon above the box thats 5th from the right end of the icons, it looks like a picture with a frame around it, its the 5th from the end anyway, click on this and a box opens up, right click on the part you write then choose paste, that will insert the link, then just hit ok and it will post the pic in the journal you post it in, you wont see it until you click post all you will see is a box with img at either end and the link for your pic inbetween,

if you get stuck give us a shout back and we will get it sorted,

not sure which pics you want posting but ill post a couple from the images in your gallery, all i do is click on your gallery so i see lots of pics on the page but their all small like icons, i right click on them and choose properties, then copy the url, then come to here and click on the img button above text box and it lets me pots the pics.
when you post it will look like this until you actually click post quick reply

DSCF000831.JPG

when you click post it then looks as it should
DSCF000831.JPG

DSCF002520.JPG

DSCF001622.JPG

DSCF001223.JPG

DSCF000253.JPG

these next could are labled miracle grow
DSCF001620.JPG

DSCF001420.JPG

Back