Hayes's Autoflower Throwdown V1

Kevinhayes

Hello,

I hope everyone is having a great day, this will be my first journal. This will also be my first serious grow. I have grown a few plants here and there from bag seeds but did nothing except for water with the hose. I have purchased a few seeds from Seedsman but have had delivery problems. 3rd order is on the way hope this works out. I got a few lsd-25, six shooter out of my order (only then half of order) Great customer service during this ordeal.

I will be throwing it down with 1 LSD25 Auto (Fastbuds), 2 six shooter auto (Fastbuds).

LSD- 25 Auto~
Room: Indoor | Outdoor
Genes: Mostly Indica
Genetics: LSD autoflowering
Flowering: 8-9 weeks
Harvest: XL
Height US: up to 40 inches
Height EU: 70 - 120 cm
THC: High
CBD: Low
Autoflowering: Yes

Six Shooter Auto~
Room: Indoor | Outdoor
Genes: Sativa/Indica
Genetics: Mexican Airlines x Crystal METH autoflowering
Flowering: 9 weeks
Harvest: XXL
Height US: up to 55 inches
Height EU: 100 - 140 cm
THC: Very High
CBD: Low
Autoflowering: Yes

Grow Room-

4x4x7 tent, have a 4in fan/filter bringing in fresh air and one exhausting warm air out, tent is in garage. Plus a oscillating fan and humidifier. I've got a temp/humidity controller coming tomorrow. Hoping that will help with maintain temps and humidity.

Some tips of the RH for the various stages of growth would be appreciated.

I have them at 65-75% RH
Still trying to get it steady
Temps are 23/25 day time and 19/21 when lights out. Temps seem to be easier to maintain.

Light-
Aglex 2000w with 4 COBs pulling 410w from the wall. Have 4 4ft T5HO I can use maybe for side lighting.

Medium-
Canna Coco 60%
Perlite 30%
Worm Castings 10%
(Giver Take on amounts)

Nutrients-I will be using the Advanced Nutrients Sensi Coco Grow A&B, Sensi Coco Bloom A&B, Voodoo Juice, b-52, Big Bud and Overdrive. Plus I picked up a bottle of Sensi Calmag

Advanced Nutrients says the pH will be fine using their pH perfect technology. I have a ph pen just in case. Also have a ppm meter. I'm hoping for a ph between 5.5-6.3. Is that right?

I don't have a RO system but can get RO water for basically free just need to transport it if need be. I do have a filter I used for RVs. by

The will be living in 3gallon fabric pots. I will be watering as need be. I'm off work due to some health issues so I have lots of time to be hand watering.

Hopefully that's enough info. I hope to have lots of ideas and advice throughout this grow from everyone on here. I will be doing updates regularly due to my abundance of free time.

I have a few questions..

During each stage of growth is the a recommended ppm range I should be hitting for?

Also I've read a few different opinions on what temps and humidity I should be striving for. What are y'alls thought on that?

To charge or not to charge the Canna Coco? Canna Coco said no need but been told other wise.

That's all for now. If I left anything out I'll be glad to add if brought to my attention.

So I soaked the seeds for 12/13 hours. They sunk and has a tiny tiny tap root. I had these bigger Rockwool cubes. So I soak them in pH water and let drain. Then I filled the hole in the middle of Rockwool with some coco and lightly/misted water. The pictures below are 1 week old. 1 of them is smaller then the others. That would be the lsd-25. After another week of so I will put the Rockwool into a 3gallon pot. Will start with some Calmag/voodoo juice next watering. I've also added a picture of my bro in laws 2.5 weeks old. Not sure what his plans are for the watering/feeding.

Attachments

• IMG_20190527_205226409.jpg
    IMG_20190527_205226409.jpg
    850.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_20190527_205218357.jpg
    IMG_20190527_205218357.jpg
    706.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20190527_205214582.jpg
    IMG_20190527_205214582.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20190527_205211033.jpg
    IMG_20190527_205211033.jpg
    684 KB · Views: 83
Hey buddy congrats on your first serious grow :)
pH will start to give you jip at 5.5 and 6.5 so you go in at 5.7 for veg and 6.3 for bloom.
They don't need much nutes in Coco. 200ppm for seedlings then 400ppm for a few weeks. After that 600ppm and you shouldn't have to go any higher than that.
Less is best mate. It's always less damaging and easier to fix a couple of yellow leaves due to hunger than it is to fix a toxicity issue.
Always feed the Coco to run off every day or the nutes will build up and burn the plants.
Keep them only moist while they're just in the cubes though.
Just try not to over think things mate. And don't be fooled into thinking you can force feed nutrients. The plants will only absorb what they want to and it really isn't much. Just let them chill and do their thing. Keep it simple with a little veg nutes and a root booster.
Ro water is only necessary if your tap water is garbage. You know what ppm and pH your water is?

Hey buddy congrats on your first serious grow :)
pH will start to give you jip at 5.5 and 6.5 so you go in at 5.7 for veg and 6.3 for bloom.
They don't need much nutes in Coco. 200ppm for seedlings then 400ppm for a few weeks. After that 600ppm and you shouldn't have to go any higher than that.
Less is best mate. It's always less damaging and easier to fix a couple of yellow leaves due to hunger than it is to fix a toxicity issue.
Always feed the Coco to run off every day or the nutes will build up and burn the plants.
Keep them only moist while they're just in the cubes though.
Just try not to over think things mate. And don't be fooled into thinking you can force feed nutrients. The plants will only absorb what they want to and it really isn't much. Just let them chill and do their thing. Keep it simple with a little veg nutes and a root booster.
Ro water is only necessary if your tap water is garbage. You know what ppm and pH your water is?

Thanks, ppm is 387 and pH is in the high 8s. This was what they said to me when I called them.

'With the pH perfect line, the plants will uptake at a wider range than the typical rules for coco, but 300ppm is high enough to cause complications possibly"

Think I'm just gonna go with RO. Like I mentioned it will take 30min to go get 40-50 liters I'm sure that will last sometime.

Off to a good start.

Welcome Kevin, I agree with Otter I only use tap water. RO will cause problems with deficiency. Save yourself some money. Lean towards the high side of your ph scale. In coco I shoot for 5.8-6.2. Water at least daily in veg, 2-3 times a day in flower.

Welcome Kevin, I agree with Otter I only use tap water. RO will cause problems with deficiency. Save yourself some money. Lean towards the high side of your ph scale. In coco I shoot for 5.8-6.2. Water at least daily in veg, 2-3 times a day in flower.

Advanced nutrients says "With the pH perfect line, the plants will uptake at a wider range than the typical rules for coco"

You think I should still adjust pH. Followed their instruction and pH was over 7. Got the ppm down to 201.

My other trouble is figuring out how much water to use to get 10-20% run off. If I need 10-20% run off and I water with a liter what if I don't get 100-200ml of run off then what do I do.

I was planning to use the watering little bit and wait (medicate) then water again. I read the massive write up on here on watering/techniques. So I somewhat understand that watering the outer ring so the sides suck up the water then after a little wait water again closer to plant. If I understand correctly this way of watering will help with having the water just make its way down the sides and none of the roots.

As long as there is run off you're good, if you're feeding at 7.0 ph and the plants are looking good roll with. When I run AN i always checked ph so there were no surprises

Here we are at almost 2 weeks. The LSD-25 may be a goner. The six shooter and stardawg (2nd photo) are doing great (imo). Started feed with about 1-1.5L pre plant with Sensi coco grow a & b @ 1ml each. Then 2ml b-52 and voodoo with a ppm at 200. That was on Thursday Night going to few again today. Next week I'll start adding a little more of each b
IMG_20190601_125022775.jpg
IMG_20190601_125004961.jpg
IMG_20190601_125010802.jpg

Babies look good from here.

How much water you think I should be using at this stage. Watered Thursday morning. Still wet 4-5in down. Water about 1L slowly from the outside then made my way in and around the base. 4 days seem like a long time. Starting with the Sensi grow AnB hopefully this week. Will I need to water until run off??

Hey y'all, these girls are at 21 days. They have been getting 1/4 strenght with a ppm of 275-280. With the Sensi coco grow A/B pH perfect, b-52, voodoo juice the ph has been 6.1-6.3.

Starting to bend the stardawg. Doing a little at a time. Also tucking in some of those big fan leafs. The picture was yesterday and it already looks like the stardawg it's enjoying all the new light it's getting. Wasn't going to top for my first time around but after watering, I bent down to see if I could bend the six shooter and I look and it looked just like what it should be to be topped (as pre the mass amounts of photos/videos I've looked at over the last 8-12 month) so I grabbed the new vivosun snips and snipped away. She looking go so far.

Back
Top Bottom