Hello 420

Hi guys - I was going to try auto's to try and beat this climate but not sure - I should have a decent greenhouse this year and I can probably rig up a heat source for late fall - what you suggest I try??

Great question!

With a greenhouse, I am pretty sure you can keep the temperature and humidity dialed-in. As the temperature drops in the late fall, this will help your plants to understand the end is nearing, so they will bulk up their buds and trichomes accordingly.

Maybe you can try what I have landed on - regular photoperiods where possible - a few THC strains and a few CBD strains.
This will allow you to mix the cured THC and CBD at a ratio that works best for your body's physiology.

In veg, by the time the plants have 6 to 8 nodes, you will be able to tell if the plants are male and female.

The other reason I want to try regular photoperiods is because I ultimately want to try capturing pollen and fertilizing a female plant to have my own seeds.

Of course, if you are in a hurry, have limited space, or want to grow a popular strain that does not come as regular seeds, then use feminized seeds or autoflower seeds from a strong parent strain.

I just read a post about nutrient lines and I really liked @Emilya 's feedback so much on Mega Crop that I have ordered some - should be here by Tuesday!

Also, aside from the many forum topics I will follow here, I'm thinking I will start following along with the successful Mega Crop folks like @Emilya , @MrSauga , @Preston9mm , and @bluter .

When they have plants that look great along with well written posts, the decision to follow them is a simple one!

I'm definitely heading off to the "The Mega Crop Thread" now to get a real education :) And it looks like a great link to add to my signature!

Also, aside from the many forum topics I will follow here, I'm thinking I will start following along with the successful Mega Crop folks like @Emilya , @MrSauga , @Preston9mm , and @bluter .
I'm not on the MC train yet.... but, I follow a whole lotta people who are smashing out huge grows with it. Flawlessly green!

I'm still having great success with my "ol reliable" nutrient mix, but I can see myself trying Mega Crop in the future.
:thumb:

I'm not on the MC train yet.... but, I follow a whole lotta people who are smashing out huge grows with it. Flawlessly green!

I'm still having great success with my "ol reliable" nutrient mix, but I can see myself trying Mega Crop in the future.
:thumb:

Hey @Preston9mm , nice to meet you!

This is perfect timing for me since I was looking for great alternatives to my expensive Advanced Nutrients line. 10 bottles to mix - ugh - lol

Hey @Preston9mm , nice to meet you!

This is perfect timing for me since I was looking for great alternatives to my expensive Advanced Nutrients line. 10 bottles to mix - ugh - lol
I use Dyna-Gro Protekt and Dyna-Gro Foliage Pro during veg.

I use both Dyna bottles (at different dose) along with Advanced Nutrients Big Bud, and Terpinator during flower.

I've just gotten so used to mixing that same mix, I could do it with my eyes closed now. So, the # of bottles never really bugged me.

:passitleft:

I just read a post about nutrient lines and I really liked @Emilya 's feedback so much on Mega Crop that I have ordered some - should be here by Tuesday!

When they have plants that look great along with well written posts, the decision to follow them is a simple one!

I'm definitely heading off to the "The Mega Crop Thread" now to get a real education :) And it looks like a great link to add to my signature!
Hi DC! Welcome to :420: ! You're gonna love the Megacrop and I see you are already mingling in the MC thread as well. Heed the advice and caution on the Calmag at 13%. :goodluck:

Hi DC! Welcome to :420: ! You're gonna love the Megacrop and I see you are already mingling in the MC thread as well. Heed the advice and caution on the Calmag at 13%. :goodluck:

Hi @MrSauga , it's a pleasure to meet you.

I was just chatting with @InTheShed and a few other fine folks (@Old Salt @nivek) over on the MC thread, and will definitely heed the words of caution and proceed slowly with the BE and especially the CMP - 13% N - what a surprise!

This is my opinion...since I've been tagged in.

The fact that GLN sells a cal-mag at 13-0-0 might be an indication that their supplements aren't designed to work with MegaCrop v2+ ;).

Some growers adding GLN supplements haven't brought a MC plant to harvest yet, and Dutch changed his lights and added CO2 in addition to adding BE to his nute mix. Can anyone really say that boosters are actually are worth the money? Besides those selling them?

I don't think it's wise to try to make your MC feeding schedule look like FoxFarms, and I've used both. Follow the simple feed chart on the MegaCrop site: 2.0-6.0 grams from start to finish, and see how it goes.

Plants take up what they need and can't be force-fed nutes just because we add them to the substrate. If yours looks fine, it's getting everything it needs. And when your plant looks deficient, bump the MC.

Now, maybe you're wondering why farside, who has done a lot or research on nutes and grows beautiful verdant plants, would modify his MC feeding schedule with low N cal-mag and high K silica. He feels that MC needs a more silica, and with silica comes potassium. To maintain the correct N-to-K ratio, he has to bump the N side of the equation, which he does with the cal-mag. His reason has nothing to do with adding potassium for flowering, the potassium rides along with the potassium silicate.

This is my opinion...since I've been tagged in.

The fact that GLN sells a cal-mag at 13-0-0 might be an indication that their supplements aren't designed to work with MegaCrop v2+ ;).

Some growers adding GLN supplements haven't brought a MC plant to harvest yet, and Dutch changed his lights and added CO2 in addition to adding BE to his nute mix. Can anyone really say that boosters are actually are worth the money? Besides those selling them?

I don't think it's wise to try to make your MC feeding schedule look like FoxFarms, and I've used both. Follow the simple feed chart on the MegaCrop site: 2.0-6.0 grams from start to finish, and see how it goes.

Plants take up what they need and can't be force-fed nutes just because we add them to the substrate. If yours looks fine, it's getting everything it needs. And when your plant looks deficient, bump the MC.

Now, maybe you're wondering why farside, who has done a lot or research on nutes and grows beautiful verdant plants, would modify his MC feeding schedule with low N cal-mag and high K silica. He feels that MC needs a more silica, and with silica comes potassium. To maintain the correct N-to-K ratio, he has to bump the N side of the equation. His reason has nothing to do with adding potassium for flowering, the potassium rides along with the potassium silicate.

Thank-you kindly for the follow-up.

We are certainly in an interesting time with respect to growing cannabis.

I am going to take a look at the Fox Farm and Advanced Nutrient feeding schedules and try to "compare" the ingredients - at a high-level.

I plan to take your advice and start off with basic MC feeding, but at some point, I would like to consider adding things like Silica, Humic Acids, Fulvic Acids, Enzymes (Sensizyme) etc

But in the end, I will be asking "Does the cost outweigh the benefits?"

It's tough to know what the benefits are until you grow one with MC alone!

I agree 100%!

I am only planning on growing a few large plants this time, but I am seriously considering doing about 30 clones (2 feet tall single colas) with some MC variety - just to get a bit more data on this new vegan nutrient.

Man I’m late to this party :party:

Welcome. You’ll find nothing but positive vibes and good knowledge

Howdy @Silverfox125 , you can never be late to this party - it's gonna last forever now that you're here!

I spent a lot of time on here this weekend, and the people I met were all very knowledgeable and eager to help!

PS: What Does The Fox Say :)

I agree 100% This place has been nothing but friendly, helpful and welcoming.

Hi @mkono87 , thanks for popping in.

I'm noticing the Blue Jays cap in your logo.

We make it a family ritual to go to at least one game every year - usually the 4th of July when they are playing the Yankees.

Are you a leafs fan too?

Hi @mkono87 , thanks for popping in.

I'm noticing the Blue Jays cap in your logo.

We make it a family ritual to go to at least one game every year - usually the 4th of July when they are playing the Yankees.

Are you a leafs fan too?
Not a die hard but I do follow. Im much more of a NFL fan. Go Eagles!

I am only planning on growing a few large plants this time
I grew a few large plants this past summer on MC only.
full

I only flowered the 9 biggest ones and harvested 5.5 pounds dry, ranging from 7.5 to 12.5 ounces per plant.

Back
Top Bottom