Hello 420

I work in Barrie and live north Victoria harbour . Welcome to the best magazine :420::420:

Hey @Kingjoe83 , thanks for the welcome.

This is really a great place so far!

Actually, we drive by Victoria Harbour when we go up to Midland to visit friends, or when we go camping at Awenda Provincial Park. We love to drag a picnic table into the water and watch the sunsets. Absolutelely beautiful and peaceful up there on Georgian Bay!

Back at you .

Did you grow outdoor last year ? Of so how did you make it ?

I was about a month too late last year to grow outside, but I definitely want to do it this summer.

I have been looking at a Danish strain called Pibeurt (pipeweed)

0_Piebert.jpg

0_Merry.jpg

Supposedly hobbits smoke it :)

Hey Dr I am up in Barrie just about all the time - actually more the Horseshoe area and I have made more mistakes than these guys could even think of and chances are I'll make even more come spring.
Welcome to 420 !!!
Hey - How you keepin' KingJoe??

Thanks @greenjeans ,

I think we're all going to need to meet up at 420 in Toronto this year so I can share some potent herb you guys teach me how to grow :)

Actually, your name is a great memory of mine, because we always used to go for lunch at Mr. Green Jeans at the Eaton's Center downtown. I was in my 20s and craved their nachos!

Enjoy the buzz! o_O Stay away from your chain saw!

I’ve been smoking it all day, and ouueeey! She’s tasty stuff!:yahoo:

Chainsaw, hmmm, sounds like an interesting story :)

Enjoy the trip!

I wonder where he wound up lol

I finally got the trimming done.

I was told to focus on the colour of the hairs, the colour of the trichomes under a lens, and how the plant is symmetric.

It has 16 side colas and 1 primary cola.

In the background you can see the little stems from my little plant grow.

I have now learned that a longer veg time will grow them big and tall with larger denser buds!

I also have to check every day for mold. I think he said between the buds near the stem.

And thanks again to @Backlipslide and @Pennywise for helping to make this introduction so positive!

I am seriously thinking about starting a grow journal now because of you guys! And also because the web app here is very intuitive and easy to use :)

Have a nice night everyone!

Wonderful! Finally we meet!

I was reading some of your articles last night before bed.

The last one was by @Maritimer , something about shocking a plant with desert conditions at week 7, but I haven't finished reading that yet.

Although, I was under the impression we should feed and water normally up to the end. But hey, science works and that's partly why I am here, to learn better growing techniques!

As for chronic pain, I have some THC now, and one CBD seed left.

Sounds like I need to go shopping :)
Welcome to 420,
You are making some great 420 friends and that is (IMO) the key to getting the most from this site.
As was pointed out and your reading shows, many of us tinker with ways to improve our gardens fruit.
As a new gardener myself, I am overwhelmed by the vast collection of anecdotal and scientific knowledge jumbled together in these pages. I caught myself going in a bunch of different directions as new information continues to come each time I read and learn here. My thoughts are you want to find a few gardeners that are successful using methods and equipment you can use, and get good (or better) at your basic gardening skills tending to cannabis. The tinkering will come to your garden naturally as you gain experience and confidence.

Best of luck to you going forward.
We are here for you should you have questions. :)

And thanks again to @Backlipslide and @Pennywise for helping to make this introduction so positive!

I am seriously thinking about starting a grow journal now because of you guys! And also because the web app here is very intuitive and easy to use :)

Have a nice night everyone!
:woohoo: Thanks for the shoutout! There are hundreds (and hundreds) of great members here!! I’m happy to make your introduction so positive! That’s what it’s all about!! Everybody’s welcome and nobody gets left out/behind!

don’t forget to post a link in this thread to your journal, and/or put it in your signature so dummies like me can find it easily! Lol I have a link in my signature on how to make your very own signature:thumb:

That's good to know.

I was reading autos are quick, but my friend has me convinced now that regular seeds are worth trying too.

He gave me some regular Hippie Crippler seeds yesterday to try in my next grow.

The description I read makes me think it will be good for my depression:

It’s an uplifting sativa-dominant hybrid. Patients love this cross of AK-47 and Blue Satellite for its sweet smell and taste.
High !!! & Welcome to 420. About Auto's being quick .... Not all are quick. Not many at all are that quick. You are still looking at about 12 weeks from seed to harvest on most strains. Now N.L. is one strain that takes 14 - 15 weeks to finish. You really don't have much control over when they will finish.
With photo-period seeds you have more control because you can switch from 18 hours of light to 12 hours when you are ready to flower.
So you can run your lights 18 - 24 hours everyday for 12 weeks or more til the Auto's are done or you can run your lights 18 hours a day for 5-6 weeks for veg & then run your lights 12 hours a day for 4-5 weeks for flower doing photo's.
I've grown both types of seeds. I wont say I'll never grow auto's again (because I still have a bunch of Auto seeds); but I prefer photo-period.
It seems to me after several grows that auto's just aren't as potent. It could be the stains I've grown, but never the less the best weed I've grown has been from photo-period seeds.
Not sure about CBD weed as I don't mess with that. But if you want some really potent stuff (get high 3 times on 1 joint) I'd recommend "FIRE OG". From here on out that's all I plan to grow with the exception of using up my Auto Seeds.
Sounds like you have a pretty good friend that will be able to help you out a lot also so you should do fine. Happy Growing !!!

I'm hoping that this spring I will be able to try some seeds from known source. (Thanx Backlipslide) Last years were unknown and I am unimpressed with the buds - but probably more my fault than the seeds. I am hoping that my better greenhouse will help the cause. I want to give auto's a try just so I can see any difference. It seems to me that all the good went into the plant not the bud.

Welcome to 420,
You are making some great 420 friends and that is (IMO) the key to getting the most from this site.
As was pointed out and your reading shows, many of us tinker with ways to improve our gardens fruit.
As a new gardener myself, I am overwhelmed by the vast collection of anecdotal and scientific knowledge jumbled together in these pages. I caught myself going in a bunch of different directions as new information continues to come each time I read and learn here. My thoughts are you want to find a few gardeners that are successful using methods and equipment you can use, and get good (or better) at your basic gardening skills tending to cannabis. The tinkering will come to your garden naturally as you gain experience and confidence.

Best of luck to you going forward.
We are here for you should you have questions. :)

Thanks @Maritimer , you have hit on a few really key points for me.

In the last little while I have been depressed, and have found that connecting with people and taking small doses of THC have really helped to raise my spirits.

Also, with all the conflicting anecdotal growing techniques out there I find myself confused; so, I am hoping to read through a bunch of grow journals here and ultimately find a growing style which works for me.

At this point, I believe I have found a social environment in which I can learn and share knowledge, hone my gardening skills, and find a combination of cannabis strains to make medicine for me and my girlfriend.

High !!! & Welcome to 420. About Auto's being quick .... Not all are quick. Not many at all are that quick. You are still looking at about 12 weeks from seed to harvest on most strains. Now N.L. is one strain that takes 14 - 15 weeks to finish. You really don't have much control over when they will finish.
With photo-period seeds you have more control because you can switch from 18 hours of light to 12 hours when you are ready to flower.
So you can run your lights 18 - 24 hours everyday for 12 weeks or more til the Auto's are done or you can run your lights 18 hours a day for 5-6 weeks for veg & then run your lights 12 hours a day for 4-5 weeks for flower doing photo's.
I've grown both types of seeds. I wont say I'll never grow auto's again (because I still have a bunch of Auto seeds); but I prefer photo-period.
It seems to me after several grows that auto's just aren't as potent. It could be the stains I've grown, but never the less the best weed I've grown has been from photo-period seeds.
Not sure about CBD weed as I don't mess with that. But if you want some really potent stuff (get high 3 times on 1 joint) I'd recommend "FIRE OG". From here on out that's all I plan to grow with the exception of using up my Auto Seeds.
Sounds like you have a pretty good friend that will be able to help you out a lot also so you should do fine. Happy Growing !!!

High @Buds Buddy , thanks for another warm welcome!

That's a nice bit of theory on some topics I have thought through. At this point, I believe that I will never grow autoflowers again, and it's not because I hate autoflowers.

I think of regular seeds with their pure genetics as a car with a highly tuned engine. And I think of autoflowers as a car with lower performance. An autoflower is essentially rag weed that flourishes in a short time in harsh climates.

If I have the time and the environment to grow a regular photoperiod like Northern Lights, then it doesn't make sense to me to grow a pure Northern Lights strain that has been cut with an autoflower, just to save a bit of time.

If I'm in a hurry, I will go for a fast-food burger, but if I have the time and money, then I will eat a steak.

Thanks again for the thought provoking feedback :)

I'm hoping that this spring I will be able to try some seeds from known source. (Thanx Backlipslide) Last years were unknown and I am unimpressed with the buds - but probably more my fault than the seeds. I am hoping that my better greenhouse will help the cause. I want to give auto's a try just so I can see any difference. It seems to me that all the good went into the plant not the bud.

Hi @greenjeans , when you start your next grow journal, please let me know and I will tune in :)

I will never grow autoflowers again
Hi guys - I was going to try auto's to try and beat this climate but not sure - I should have a decent greenhouse this year and I can probably rig up a heat source for late fall - what you suggest I try??

This is exactly what I have been looking for:

Participation
420 Magazine supports vigorous and spirited debate, please make your posts meaningful, civil and reasoned. Expletives are discouraged and subject to edit without notification. Please do not hijack topics or post duplicate messages. Our website is a place of learning and teaching; exclusively about Cannabis or Hemp related topics, which means any off topic posts and/or blogs will either be moved to the Off Topic Area or deleted.

Our members are mature and serious about bringing the positive message of Hemp and Cannabis awareness to the world. We treat each other with dignity and respect. Our members are from all races, creeds, sexual preferences and nationalities. Contribute if you have something to say, read and learn if you do not.

(Source: Forum Guidelines 1)

Back
Top Bottom