Hello All, I am an old timer looking for something similar to a Photo-tron Grow Box

Hello All. I am an old timer. I just got out of Prison after 4. Laws Changed. Hello :theband:
Hey my friend @Slipdog01 hope you are well old timer. :Namaste:
Glad to have you with us, Welcome. :welcome:
Are you going to grow?

Stay safe
Bill

hi @Slipdog01
google a company called growlife. they used to build them and are still active, though i believe they discontinued the phototron a while ago. some still pop up on ebay every once in a while.

there are other mfgrs of growboxes, though most are pretty expensive, and i've never heard much about them. if space is an issue, have a look at spacebuckets, which is a popular diy update of the same idea. a few members here have run them.

Hello @Slipdog01
Would a 2 X 2 grow tent with modern LED lights & all the necessary accoutrements be on your radar to buy?
T'would probably be cheaper to buy a tent VS a niche product like a "Phototron" & a tent would give you more options of growing styles/mediums and a better return for your time & investments while taking up about the same amount of space in your room.

Hello @Slipdog01
Would a 2 X 2 grow tent with modern LED lights & all the necessary accoutrements be on your radar to buy?
T'would probably be cheaper to buy a tent VS a niche product like a "Phototron" & a tent would give you more options of growing styles/mediums and a better return for your time & investments while taking up about the same amount of space in your room.
Coughy Pot, tks for the return. I been looking at tent setups. Considering one. Could you advise somewhere about $300. U.S. Funds?

l live in rural Canada @Slipdog01 l bought my gear piecemeal over a year from various places online in Canada.
l think your best bet would be to use the GOOGLE search engine. Type "2 X 2 grow tent kit" and go from there, eh? You should be able to find something in the States that'll work in your budget. Check out the Vivosun website. You might be able to do a one-stop shop there. They have tents, lights, fans, filters etc. Don't be shy of contacting the sales reps to ask questions & for recommendations. You could also make another post in this forum asking for recommendations from fellow Americans for where to get gear suiting your budget & don't forget the 420 Sponsors, they are right here in the forums & can answer your questions too.

Coughy Pot, tks for the return. I been looking at tent setups. Considering one. Could you advise somewhere about $300. U.S. Funds?
AC Infinity has the most bang for the buck with tents. Sturdy, with good zippers. A lot on Amazon are total crap and will last a few months at best.
My brother had a couple of Phototrons. His weed was always shit... He's jealous of what I now grow in a tent.

Yes, Old timer wants to Grow for His and Wifes herbal needs. She stuck thru me with this Shiz! Thank you all for the Welcome. I have seeds, she can grow flowers on rocks.
I'm glad she stuck with you my friend.
We are better with them that's for sure.
Tell her I said hi and look forward to seeing both of you rocket a nice grow. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

...probably be less for an LED without their name.
Do not base the quality of the light on the price though quality usually will cost more. And, do not buy a light because it has a brand name on it that sounds familiar; be sure that it is a company known for using quality parts and stands by its products.

I am guessing that you will be looking at LED lights. Read a bunch of the messages on the various LED lights. Often lights are rated as to the number of watts that all the LED components are capable of using. But, if they use all those watts the diodes are rated at they can burn out very soon. To get around this the builders will allow a smaller amount of current to flow through and the diodes last for years. In the end that can mean a 300 watt rated LED might be drawing only 150 watts to power the diodes.

Get a good light .
What Bob says.

proper light is tough. it's the number 1 most important component to a good grow.

the best light and best quality are generally tied to decent brands. kitten brands have resulted in everything from poor grows to stuff literally going up in flames. make sure you educate yourself. there are some decent rigs among the sponsors i'd look at.

edit : if you are at all handy you can even build your own for cost savings. some of the better growers on the board run diy rigs.

Here is what I bought. AC Tent, now I am going to look for the light and fan. They only had one 2x2 light. Plus ebay will probably be less for an LED without their name. I will have some advisers on here. Again, Many TKS. :rollit:
I would look at the light sponsors here at the 420 website. Many coupons and sales at this time of year. I would only rely on established names for lighting. I think the important thing about lighting is the intensity of light it brings to bear over a specified area (PPFD map) and how it fits your grow. I found multiple small footprint lights are better than one big one for my large flowering tent. More freedom to lower and raise lights in areas where there is a need. Each to their own though. Don't buy LED lights without thoroughly checking vendor prices, products and and their history of customer followup and service. If they bend over backwards to help you, that is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom