Hello from Legal Maryland!

kenhor

420 Member
Hello All,

New outdoor grower in Maryland. I've been following advice found on this forum to get started.
Here is a Wedding Glue Auto that is 4 1/2 weeks old.

Here is one from a bag seed, I don't remember what strain. This one was started in May.

Can any one tell me if this is male or female? Or is it still too early to tell? I'm having a hard time telling with the photoperiod plants.

Plese let me know if there is a better forum to ask my sexing question.
This Forum is a great resource. Thanks to the community!

Ken

Ooph. I’m rubbish at this by photo. Its skinny and also with good node growth. Sativa I guess.

They look like buds to me.

Sure someone more skilled than me (never seen a boy before) will be along shortly.

Welcome anyway!

This is the grow journal bit of the site but loads of regular growers around with a “deep bench” as one old timer put it recently. NA - East Coast - plenty of those around. Including ones like @KeithLemon growing outdoors. He’ll see you right!

Nick

Wedding Glue Auto that is 4 1/2 weeks old
Unless you did something to stress them out, auto's are normally female.

Here is one from a bag seed, I don't remember what strain
Can't tell for sure from your images, but good changes it is a male.

And welcome back.

Here's some helpful info.

Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link. This is where you place your journal.

Journals in Progress

Current and Ongoing
www.420magazine.com

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contest to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests
Win Cool 420 Prizes
www.420magazine.com

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Can any one tell me if this is male or female? Or is it still too early to tell? I'm having a hard time telling with the photoperiod plants.
Not to worry. Those growing in Maryland and most of the Northern Hemisphere should be able to tell that flowers have started, both male and female and be relatively easy to see. Late bloomers will be showing by the the 24th.This is on the basis that your plant is sexually mature by then.

Is the plant you are trying to sex the one in unknown photoperiod in the second photo?

I can't seem to get clear pictures, it's been breezy out.
Those are not bad at all. In case you are curious the calmest times are from around sunset to about an hour or two after sunrise. It works like that just about everywhere I have been in Michigan and in the few other states i have been to.

Hello All,

New outdoor grower in Maryland. I've been following advice found on this forum to get started.

Here is one from a bag seed, I don't remember what strain. This one was started in May.

Ken
Looks like male to me. CL🍀

Welcome to the community! Your auto looks like it’s having issues with the heat.

As for sex.. this looks like stamens to me:
IMG_5627.jpeg

Your preflowers look a little damaged so it’s hard to tell.. you’ll start seeing pistils from the females soon enough though so you can be certain.

Welcome to the community! Your auto looks like it’s having issues with the heat.

As for sex.. this looks like stamens to me:
IMG_5627.jpeg

Your preflowers look a little damaged so it’s hard to tell.. you’ll start seeing pistils from the females soon enough though so you can be certain.
That looks like a male flower to me my friend. Maybe it hermied

That looks like a male flower to me my friend. Maybe it hermied

I was thinking the same.. the orientation on the stamens was a bit odd.. It’s a bagseed plant though so it could’ve been a herm or just a weak male pheno

I had a failed hermi once. It had a load of light stress during rebuilds and power cuts. They were non viable stamens on 3-4 sites. I just cut them off and no harm no foul.

Nick

Same.. as you already know (I’ll say it for OP), lots of high quality sativas, including the landraces, hermie naturally as part of their genetics. They bud so much though that the relatively few stamens aren’t a huge deal. The plant pictured was bagseed though so we’re stuck just guessing at it. At least OP returned to let us know lol, that’s more than we get a lot of times.

Well everyone, when I checked it this morning, the top was covered with small pollen sacs:(. He is in the garbage to be taken away...
Thanks to all for chiming in, now off to learn about heat issues, thanks for the tip Keffka.

Ken

No worries Ken, it’s all a part of the grow. I practiced my indoor skills on bagseed and almost all of them hermied on me, or were male. While it sucks to lose them or stress them, it’s useful experience to see these things with your own eyes. I’ve seen a lot of heat issues this year from growers which isn’t surprising with all of the environmental issues at play everywhere this summer. Keep at it and you’ll get it! Be as resilient as the plants we grow and you’ll be cruising along in no time.

Like Teddy up above mentioned, get yourself a grow journal going. You’ll get some of the best growers in the world (literally) looking at your garden, and all they wanna do is help. Feel free to look around the forums and ask questions when you have them. We’re all about spreading knowledge as much as possible here.

Hello All,

Ken
Beautiful Garden my friend.
Welcome to 420Magazine :welcome:

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Back
Top Bottom