Hello: Weird little wasp thing

blazeaglory420

Hello. My name is Dee and I'm starting a tiny outdoor grow. Nothing major, just personal, within legal limits, etc... but I've never grown outdoors before. I have some indoor experience and am basically familiar with NPKs and light rhythms, feeding and watering but only basic.

I happened upon a clone last month and I put it outside, so it's been outdoors since early March. I know that's way early but I couldn't let the little gal just wither away. Cool thing is, as of now it's got some really nice, lemon cake sweet smelling buds. Nothing major tho.

Anyways, today I'm looking at it and I see what looks like a tiny baby wasp or something but I don't really know what it is. Doesnt move much. Could it be a parasitic or beneficial wasp? Like a good one? Or is it something else?

Is there a pest section here? I appreciate if anyone could help. And nice meeting you all.

I think this is the best pic. Zoom in. Little guy looks kinda cool actually

D

Attachments

• IMG_20190417_155729.jpg
    IMG_20190417_155729.jpg
    647 KB · Views: 119
Its gone now, whatever it was.

I have all kinds of cool bugs in my backyard. Many beneficial as well. It's a functioning little eco system.

I've also been growing milkweed for Monarch butterflies for past couple years. Between the birds, blue belly fence lizards, paper wasps, etc... out of roughly 30 to 40 Monarch caterpillars last season, I think maybe 2 or 3 actually made it into adult butterfly.

I try to do everything organic but 2 summers ago, the city and county came through to anyone with any citrus trees and sprayed a systemic and a contact. They were trying to kill the ACP (Asian citrus psyllid) but in doing so wiped out all my beneficial insects. I told them over and over and made them come with the sheriff. My lace wing larvae would eat any ACP and I had ZERO infestations. I even walked them and had them point out even ONE ACP and they couldn't. No matter what, even tho I did everything properly, they would not grant me a waiver. I take clippings yearly to my counties arborist to test for disease and pests. I'm always clean. Seeing all the dead bees and other insects was heartbreaking

Anyways, long story short, I'm only now seeing lace wings, lady bugs, praying mantis, etc... but they're coming back. Just gotta leave things alone and use nature's remedies when possible I guess

Attachments

• 20180718_063537.jpg
    20180718_063537.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 94
  • 20180531_161010.jpg
    20180531_161010.jpg
    534.2 KB · Views: 91
Another update.

I started flushing a couple days ago and today it rains! So getting some good rain water flushing going on!

Not a bad little plant for spur of the moment, early spring clone! Smells so good! Very lemony with a small pine scent. Buds are so sticky and covered in trichomes! I cut a tiny bud off this morning and it smells like vics vapor rub!

I'll harvest next week sometime

Attachments

• IMG_20190510_120406.jpg
    IMG_20190510_120406.jpg
    698.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20190510_120957.jpg
    IMG_20190510_120957.jpg
    773.3 KB · Views: 92
Back
Top Bottom