Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

re: Hempy - OC+ - CFLs & 3 Good Seeds

So from your experience, I can see that growing MJ is MUCH safer than brewing your own beer, LOL:thumb: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a pint of Smithwick's with some good fish and chips DRENCHED with vinegar. But for my own safety I'll leave the brewing up to others. Although I have given it some serious thought. Kudos to you for brewing AND growing your own.

well my story should not discourage you from brewing it was a isolated incident for me, there's no comparing-your own ultra fresh brew to store beer and the satisfaction of knowing the best grog you've ever tasted was made by your own hands, much like smoking your own lovingly crafted cannabis i can imagine there's not much to compare! so brew/grow on!

so blue im guessing you are keeping mother plants, i read an interesting thread about "flowering clones" taken at a strict 21 days into flower have you read/considered trying this? ikf it works it eliminated the need for a mother room, heres the thread
What is a flowering clone?
:peacetwo::morenutes:

Glad your feeling better Blue! :wood: I did not get a flu shot this year!! Trying to avoid catching it now!! Ducking and bobbing......:tokin:

Thanks Tmac I wouldn't wish this on anyone! I'm getting a flu shot from now on. It's been about a month and I'm still not 100%.

So from your experience, I can see that growing MJ is MUCH safer than brewing your own beer, LOL:thumb: Don't get me wrong, there's nothing like a pint of Smithwick's with some good fish and chips DRENCHED with vinegar. But for my own safety I'll leave the brewing up to others. Although I have given it some serious thought. Kudos to you for brewing AND growing your own.

I can still remember the first time I had real fish n chips in England with the vinegar... that's some tasty stuff.

I've got some fem AG seeds on the way as we speak! Thinking of crossing them with an Indica??? Any suggestions? Maybe some Afghan Kush??? The AG I ordered are Sativa dominant; so crossing them with an almost pure Afgan would be great IMO.

Hey bro good luck with the AG's. I've only grown out 3 strains so I'm the wrong guy to ask about crosses, I'm just looking forward to some real AG :tokin:

well my story should not discourage you from brewing it was a isolated incident for me, there's no comparing-your own ultra fresh brew to store beer and the satisfaction of knowing the best grog you've ever tasted was made by your own hands, much like smoking your own lovingly crafted cannabis i can imagine there's not much to compare! so brew/grow on!

so blue im guessing you are keeping mother plants, i read an interesting thread about "flowering clones" taken at a strict 21 days into flower have you read/considered trying this? ikf it works it eliminated the need for a mother room, heres the thread
What is a flowering clone?
:peacetwo::morenutes:

Thanks for the link Irish! That's interesting.

I'm down to one mother, the Red Diesel, and I only have her because all her clones failed. This was a terrible plant to clone, she's 82 days old and still hasn't produced a single decent cutting, most of them are about 1/2" long or shorter, tiny growths at the nodes.

Ditto for the SLH. I wanted to keep the mother but she was doing really poorly so I culled her. I've got more plants that I can use so I'm being ruthless. Probably my fault with the SLH, I thought I'd chopped her a few weeks ago and found her sitting in her 2 liter behind the door so she wasn't getting any care or much light for a couple of weeks.

That's really interesting about the flowering clones, I'll try that at some point. I can say that I've had terrible luck taking flowering clones and trying to put them back into veg. Unless something really weird crops up, like I have to try anything possible to save some genetics, I'll never attempt that again. Even if they were only in flower for 2 weeks.

Not much new here. I put another AG & AK into flower today so the count is now 6 WW, 4 AK, 4 Bub, 2 AG & the RD mother and original BK clone, which will also probably get culled soon. Depends on my space.

I still have 3-4 AG clones going and 2 of them look kind of promising but I still don't see any roots.

Day 8 of 12/12 for the oldest.

:peace:

Hay BD, before you get a flu shot, you may want to google flu shot pros and cons... unless you hold stock in Novaris or Glaxo 😄... just sayin'

PS, good luck to your boys :thumb:

I don't get a flu shot makes no sense to me how they have the flu virus out before flu season. How do they know which strain of the virus will be there?

Hay BD, before you get a flu shot, you may want to google flu shot pros and cons... unless you hold stock in Novaris or Glaxo 😄... just sayin'

PS, good luck to your boys :thumb:

Thanks Horse I'll do that. I've never gotten one before, but I've never gotten a flu like this before either. I can see how the flu kills people.

I don't get a flu shot makes no sense to me how they have the flu virus out before flu season. How do they know which strain of the virus will be there?

Somehow they figure out the most likely viruses for the upcoming year, probably by what's going on in warmer places. There's no guarantee you still won't catch a different strain.

Lol or government officials are spraying bacteria in urban areas causing outbreaks resulting in the need to buy a flu shot!

Lets hope not anyways, saw your post i mmmmmicks journal, you said your going to try growing with least amount of fan leaves? Is this the journal?

Look forward to watching and nice plants btw :goodjob:

Lol or government officials are spraying bacteria in urban areas causing outbreaks resulting in the need to buy a flu shot!

Lets hope not anyways, saw your post i mmmmmicks journal, you said your going to try growing with least amount of fan leaves? Is this the journal?

Look forward to watching and nice plants btw :goodjob:

Hey Outdoorsman welcome! I don't think anyone's trying to poison us, the flu has been around as long as man has and I'm sure far longer. I hope not anyhow.

Yes this is my journal but not much going on right now, the girls just went into flower. I may start a new journal for it, we'll see.

The grower I'm trying to copy trims all fan leaves at 21 & 45 days of flower. I may leave a few test plants alone but I'm going to follow that recipe. Unfortunately he's no longer around to ask questions of and I've got a few right now.

So in the meantime we're talking about whatever lol.

Take care and stop back, things will get more interesting soon I hope!

i got a flushot a few years ago,,it was free,,well i got the flu for the first time in 20 years and i ended up in the hospital never been sicker!! i will never get another,i think its straight up chemical poison! so for me its a big no way!!!

Hey Irish I've never gotten one before. I have a year to look into it and trust me I will. Take care bro :tokin:

The grower I'm trying to copy trims all fan leaves at 21 & 45 days of flower. I may leave a few test plants alone but I'm going to follow that recipe. Unfortunately he's no longer around to ask questions of and I've got a few right now.

So in the meantime we're talking about whatever lol.

Take care and stop back, things will get more interesting soon I hope![/QUOTE]

Is this style called heavy defoleation or something like that. I talked to a grower here in that does it and has some very beautiful monsters.

Blue, are you referring to Chopper? I read his posts about trimming at 3 weeks and 45 days, too, and based on his strong recommendation (and other stuff I read), I trimmed my plants at 3 weeks. I didn't trim ALL the fan leaves, but anything that was blocking any buds from getting light and anything that looked like it wouldn't produce any buds was trimmed, as well as thinning the undergrowth to get good circulation.

I'm just at 35 days now and have seen no bad effects from doing this, although, another grower indicated that it will extend flowering time.

i got a flushot a few years ago,,it was free,,well i got the flu for the first time in 20 years and i ended up in the hospital never been sicker!! i will never get another,i think its straight up chemical poison! so for me its a big no way!!!

I totally agree. I'm in my 40's and have NEVER had a flu shot. How many strains of flu are there? How many strains of flu do you get in a shot? Are you getting the right strains in the shot? Why inject your body with a virus you don't want there(yeah, I know it's dead!) ? Fucking rediculous IMO.

When I was a kid I got the mumps. Was it because I wasn't immunized for mumps? Nope, I was??? I think the CDC, FBI, CIA, NSA, ICE, ABC, CBS, CNBC, FOX, blah, blah, blah, are fucking with us! The politics of FEAR is what drives the machine in the US. I'm so over it!

I'm not black, white, muslim, christian, or jew. I'm not catholic or protestant. I'm not an atheist or a believer. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm not gay or straight or bi. AND at the same time I don't judge those that are ANY of those things. MY RACE IS HUMAN. And that means I'm HUMANE to ALL HUMANS.

OMG, do not read this if you're not STONED TO THE FREAKIN' BONE!:peacetwo:

Peace and Love.

made sense to me, and im NOT stoned or medicated as we should say...lol...
good attitude....
FLU SHOTS WILL MAKE SOME PEEPS SICK...i am one....i tell everyone, dont do it, i think its to get rid of anyone near retirement age....but im into conspiracies.....lol....just because you're paranoid, (me), doesnt mean they arent out to get ya....hugs, L:thumb:

good attitude....
FLU SHOTS WILL MAKE SOME PEEPS SICK...i am one....i tell everyone, dont do it, i think its to get rid of anyone near retirement age....but im into conspiracies.....lol....just because you're paranoid, (me), doesnt mean they arent out to get ya....hugs, L:thumb:

Whew, thought it was just me for a moment, LOL.:tokin: But you know the sad thing is that you are spot on! The politicians send their kids to the best schools, the best doctors, etc. While WE, the working class pay for it all. I seriously believe that the revolutions that are happening throughout the "muslim" world are contagious. It's the working class against the capitalists( Capitalism is NOT the same thing as Democracy)! Simple as that. Until we realize that, we are living with blinders on. LOVE AND PEACE.

I'm gonna visit the political section now. Sorry for going there on an unrelated thread.

good attitude....

Hi Lav. I'm one of the peeps that gets the flu from the shots. Haven't taken one in years. Jo was reading up on them and now the Government has put one out for the over 65 peeps. No way I would take one of those! :smokin::smokin::yikes::yikes:

Is this style called heavy defoleation or something like that. I talked to a grower here in that does it and has some very beautiful monsters.

I thought it was just called trimming the fan leaves lol! Firestone52 did a test just recently and thinks it hurt his yield so buyer beware, but the guy I'm copying says it increases his yield 20% and seems to know his shit. It's an old grow on another forum but if you're interested pm me.

Blue, are you referring to Chopper? I read his posts about trimming at 3 weeks and 45 days, too, and based on his strong recommendation (and other stuff I read), I trimmed my plants at 3 weeks. I didn't trim ALL the fan leaves, but anything that was blocking any buds from getting light and anything that looked like it wouldn't produce any buds was trimmed, as well as thinning the undergrowth to get good circulation.

I'm just at 35 days now and have seen no bad effects from doing this, although, another grower indicated that it will extend flowering time.

Hey Mr. Krip! I kind of answered this above but I'm totally in line with what you're saying. I'm going to remove all leaves blocking bud sites in any way, EXCEPT the cola leave and cola fan leaves. Those are thought to feed the buds. His girls looked like the plant equivalent of sheared sheep after the 21 day prune. They looked like big fat budsicles when he harvested.

He only works with clone sogs now and for whatever reason - the clones, the pruning, I dunno what - he says they finish 2 weeks faster than normal plants.

So I don't know what's going to happen but it will be fun to watch providing the whole grow doesn't go to shit :tokin:

clones look n good blue...:hookah:

Thank you ss!

I totally agree. I'm in my 40's and have NEVER had a flu shot. How many strains of flu are there? How many strains of flu do you get in a shot? Are you getting the right strains in the shot? Why inject your body with a virus you don't want there(yeah, I know it's dead!) ? Fucking rediculous IMO.

When I was a kid I got the mumps. Was it because I wasn't immunized for mumps? Nope, I was??? I think the CDC, FBI, CIA, NSA, ICE, ABC, CBS, CNBC, FOX, blah, blah, blah, are fucking with us! The politics of FEAR is what drives the machine in the US. I'm so over it!

I'm not black, white, muslim, christian, or jew. I'm not catholic or protestant. I'm not an atheist or a believer. I'm not a republican or a democrat. I'm not a liberal or a conservative. I'm not gay or straight or bi. AND at the same time I don't judge those that are ANY of those things. MY RACE IS HUMAN. And that means I'm HUMANE to ALL HUMANS.

OMG, do not read this if you're not STONED TO THE FREAKIN' BONE!:peacetwo:

Peace and Love.

Haha now that's a rant!

Microbiology is pretty fascinating to me, they are finding out just how intertwined we are throughout evolution with parasites and microorganisms. Sometimes they can date stuff just by looking at the genetic mutations of the parasites. Our blood is full of antigens that we have needed and developed over the eons. They've found all kinds of stuff in our bodies that we no longer need, they evolved to kill pathogens eons ago, the pathogens are long gone but not the antigens.

I'm not going to lecture anyone about anything but science has massively controlled stuff that used to routinely wipe out populations - polio, smallpox, etc etc. Sometimes if you have that stuff in your bloodstream or not will determine if you live or die. I'm oversimplifying but the larger point remains. In the age of discovery the lack of these antigens was far more devastating to native populations than anything else.

In a population of billions there will always be exceptions... what works for a million people might kill 100. You have to decide if it's worth the risk for you, nobody is forcing us as adults to get any shots.

good attitude....

Whew, thought it was just me for a moment, LOL.:tokin: But you know the sad thing is that you are spot on! The politicians send their kids to the best schools, the best doctors, etc. While WE, the working class pay for it all. I seriously believe that the revolutions that are happening throughout the "muslim" world are contagious. It's the working class against the capitalists( Capitalism is NOT the same thing as Democracy)! Simple as that. Until we realize that, we are living with blinders on. LOVE AND PEACE.

I'm gonna visit the political section now. Sorry for going there on an unrelated thread.

Please let me know when the perfect society is discovered. Sure we have our flaws as a society but there's still nowhere else in the world that I know of where anyone willing to put in the work and play the game will more than likely succeed. There's a long way to go for sure. But I hope we don't end up throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

In at least 75% of the world your future is set in stone the day you are born. I'm glad I wasn't born in one of those places.

Hi Lav. I'm one of the peeps that gets the flu from the shots. Haven't taken one in years. Jo was reading up on them and now the Government has put one out for the over 65 peeps. No way I would take one of those! :smokin::smokin::yikes::yikes:

:peacetwo:

Yup....I strip 'em too. By the time harvest comes around, my plants are just budz on sticks. I don't take anything 'till they're well into flower though. I don't know about increased yield, but I'm after the bottoms maturing at almost the same rate as the tops. I've never had a bad side affect yet:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

Yup....I strip 'em too. By the time harvest comes around, my plants are just budz on sticks. I don't take anything 'till they're well into flower though. I don't know about increased yield, but I'm after the bottoms maturing at almost the same rate as the tops. I've never had a bad side affect yet:morenutes::morenutes::morenutes::morenutes:

i would be so scared to do this the first time!! i was sweating bullets the first time i topped my plant...

Blue you can goggle marijuana defoliation and get a lot more info about it if you want. Like I said I've seen great results, I'm not experienced enough to start doing this to my plants.

Back
Top Bottom