Hempy scrog

OK , back with a few pics and update.

Went to town and bought another 1000w ballast and light , will be splitting the room in two in the next few days so that one side is always flowering and one side always in bud.

After leaving them only one day without attention they were about 5 inches thru the screen , this morning I cleaned out a lot more of the undergrowth and pushed all the longer tops back down thru the screen to spread them out.

I'm letting the ones around the outside edge of the screen get bigger and tapering them down toward the center of the screen to make best use of the light.

I switched nutes to the Bloom formula today , it should take me two or three days to get the room divided and the other side set up and growing , at that time I will switch lighting on this screen to 12/12.

I will update as soon as I switch lights.

7196.jpg

8171.jpg

9136.jpg

It's such a good method.

Do you think you might try a different medium, like maybe hydroton?

I'm thinking hydroton might provide even more oxygen to the roots because of all the air space between the clay pebbles.

I was thinking the same thing, maybe like a 1/3 vermiculite 1/3 gravel 1/3 coarse perlite

These plants are doing so well I think I will stick with the current medium of perlite/vermiculite.

Even some gravel is not ph neutral.

The hydrton is a little on the expensive side , allthough I guess it can be re-used.

I will do some experimenting outdoors this summer in my garden and greenhouse with different mediums , but for the winter I think I will stay with whats working.

I am going to do an outdoor grow with 5 gallon hempys this summer , I am going to include some veggies as well , cucumbers , tomatoes , etc.

Have a few tokes and tend the garden , sound like a good plan.:grinjoint:

These plants are doing so well I think I will stick with the current medium of perlite/vermiculite.

Even some gravel is not ph neutral.

The hydrton is a little on the expensive side , allthough I guess it can be re-used.

I will do some experimenting outdoors this summer in my garden and greenhouse with different mediums , but for the winter I think I will stay with whats working.

I am going to do an outdoor grow with 5 gallon hempys this summer , I am going to include some veggies as well , cucumbers , tomatoes , etc.

Have a few tokes and tend the garden , sound like a good plan.:grinjoint:

Sounds like a great plan.

Update.

I split the room in two and will start another grow in a week or so , whenever the clones are ready , this one will be a Sea Of Green , LST.

Rather than make a catch table for the excess to run into , I put a fitting into each container and they drain into a bucket.

The SCROG is in its first day of 12/12 and the nutes have been changed to BLOOM.

Just waiting for some buds to form now.

9137.jpg

9213.jpg

You are a very maticious, Very advance grower. This is a pleasure to witness. Thank you ferzha for a great show you are sharing with us.

Update.

I split the room in two and will start another grow in a week or so , whenever the clones are ready , this one will be a Sea Of Green , LST.

Rather than make a catch table for the excess to run into , I put a fitting into each container and they drain into a bucket.

The SCROG is in its first day of 12/12 and the nutes have been changed to BLOOM.

9137.jpg

9213.jpg

I like your style!
How are you going to start the clones?
How are you going to water the big containers before the roots hit bottom?

Update.

9137.jpg

9213.jpg

Holy shit!! That's a great idea, is that your design? I have been thinking about doing a planter style grow for a while, this looks like it might be the way to go!

+rep for sure!

Thanks again guys.

ss , the medium will again be perlite/vermiculite 80/20 as it seems to be working so well in the first SCROG.

kwsmoke , yes I just sort of came to this design on my own , the containers were on sale at walmart for about $4 each , the fittings are some strange waterproof electrical fittings that I found in the hardware store , they were $5 each , more than the pots.

I will fill with media and put five holes in each lid , one in the center and one close to each corner , I like to keep the lids on as I am having a hard time keeping humidity in the room down , and I figure the lids will help limit the ammount of evaporation.

I will have a watering hole in each lid this time.

I may have to get a larger de-humidifier anyway.

Doc , I have started 40 clones , 20 in rockwool and 20 in peat pellets , just to see which ones do best , they have been in domed trays for about two days now.

The ones in the peat look much healthier so far , so that may be the way to go.

One of the things I like about SCROGing or SOGing is that you don't need a mother plant as you have to take out a lot of the undergrowth anyway , and the lower branches tend to make the best clones.

Thanks again guys.

ss , the medium will again be perlite/vermiculite 80/20 as it seems to be working so well in the first SCROG.

kwsmoke , yes I just sort of came to this design on my own , the containers were on sale at walmart for about $4 each , the fittings are some strange waterproof electrical fittings that I found in the hardware store , they were $5 each , more than the pots.

I will fill with media and put five holes in each lid , one in the center and one close to each corner , I like to keep the lids on as I am having a hard time keeping humidity in the room down , and I figure the lids will help limit the ammount of evaporation.

I will have a watering hole in each lid this time.

I may have to get a larger de-humidifier anyway.

Doc , I have started 40 clones , 20 in rockwool and 20 in peat pellets , just to see which ones do best , they have been in domed trays for about two days now.

The ones in the peat look much healthier so far , so that may be the way to go.

One of the things I like about SCROGing or SOGing is that you don't need a mother plant as you have to take out a lot of the undergrowth anyway , and the lower branches tend to make the best clones.

I love your setup, and your organization!

I'm going to have a go at growing from seeds.....got a source for really cheap, excellent seeds, under 2 bucks a piece, but the SCROGGY Clone method makes a lot of sense...... +1 rep!

Hmmmmmmm.

How did this grow turn out?
We would love to be updated with some pictures and info!

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Back
Top Bottom