Hempy scrog

ferzha

First hempy scrog.
I will keep updating weekly until harvested.

indoor_009.jpg

indoor_2_003.jpg

ferzha :welcome: One word...awesome!! Expecting large yields? Great set up Bro! The time and EFFORT you put in really shows. Best of luck. I'm Glued :popcorn: TY

Thanks for kind words.

I will have another photo on Monday , which will be two weeks since potted and placed under screen.

It's hard to believe but the entire screen is covered already at 12 days , at the rate these are growing I will probably start flowering in a week or so.

I'm not sure of the exact strain as the clones were given to me , but they are growing like crazy.

I'm feeding with Gro-Tech liquid organic nutes , they seem to really like it.

I have two identical setups and am dividing the room in half so one side is always vegging and the other side is always in bud.

That way with a 1000 watt light during the day and two 1000's running at night , it will keep the place warm all winter.

Thanks for kind words.

I will have another photo on Monday , which will be two weeks since potted and placed under screen.

It's hard to believe but the entire screen is covered already at 12 days , at the rate these are growing I will probably start flowering in a week or so.

I'm not sure of the exact strain as the clones were given to me , but they are growing like crazy.

I'm feeding with Gro-Tech liquid organic nutes , they seem to really like it.

I have two identical setups and am dividing the room in half so one side is always vegging and the other side is always in bud.

That way with a 1000 watt light during the day and two 1000's running at night , it will keep the place warm all winter.

I've got a hempy grow too. It's amazing how fast these things grow....I swear the plants grew an inch in 2 hours last night.

What's yer PH?
How often are you watering?
How did you start them off?

Lookin' great!

I've got a hempy grow too. It's amazing how fast these things grow....I swear the plants grew an inch in 2 hours last night.

What's yer PH?
How often are you watering?
How did you start them off?

Lookin' great!

When I got them they were started in peat pellets , I put those in large rockwool cubes under flourecents for a week until my screen and room was ready.

I put the cubes right into the perlite/vermiculite mix in the pots and they just took off.

I water every morning and feed every day.

I am not concerned with PH , it doesn't seem to matter much in the Hempy system with perlite/vermiculite , also I have very pure mountain stream water where I live.

I know what you mean about the grow rate , I have never seen anything grow that fast , those buckets are really the way to go.

When I got them they were started in peat pellets , I put those in large rockwool cubes under flourecents for a week until my screen and room was ready.

I put the cubes right into the perlite/vermiculite mix in the pots and they just took off.

I water every morning and feed every day.

I am not concerned with PH , it doesn't seem to matter much in the Hempy system with perlite/vermiculite , also I have very pure mountain stream water where I live.

I know what you mean about the grow rate , I have never seen anything grow that fast , those buckets are really the way to go.

Of my 5 clones, two were in soil, the others were in Light Warrior. I just put 'em right in the Hempy's and they took about a week to find the water.

I did learn something that I'm going to employ next grow:
Water as little as possible during the 7-10 day period where the roots are seeking water. I watered during that time to make the plants look healthy...2-3 times per day!

While my roots did indeed find the bottom, I believe my root structure would be more stable had I starved them just a bit.

Oh, they're getting water and nutrients big time....but they're also going to fall over when the buds fill up, so I'll have to support them. This despite the fan, and the CalMag. Perlite is just not dense enough to support a lanky Sativa.....but they sure as hell grow!

At this point in time, I don't see myself using anything but Hempys. I may rig up a better method of watering, however, just to save some time.

After I chop, I'll be able to carry out all the perlite in a single Hefty bag and toss it. With soil I'd need a wheel barrow. Hydro is great....but so sensitive! You get the best of both worlds with Hempys.

I'm a little early for an update it hasn't been a week yet , but I may not be around for a few days so here it is now.

Note the growth from the last pic I posted at the beginning of this grow (fist pic in todays post) , once they reach the screen and you start bending them under , the stress makes them grow at an incredibly fast rate.

I will probably start to flower this week.

Dates are on the pics.

A 4'x4' screen is almost impossible to reach the back for watering , I have a pump up garden sprayer with a 3' wand which makes it very easy and mess free (last photo) , you will need one if you have a screen this big or bigger.

Also you can see on the last pic next to the sprayer , the bucket which the excess water from the hempys drain into , thru the waterproofed table on which the buckets sit.

These plants are exactly 32 days old.

indoor_2_003.jpg

3409.jpg

4331.jpg

5255.jpg

I've just taken the spray nozzle off of the wand and I water thru the rockwool , it is a little slow , after I harvest and have the buckets out I will put a watering hole in each lid.

Hempy buckets are the shizznit ;).

You've got a great setup and fast growth!

Your hempy buckets are the first I've seen with lids.

I guess your plants are getting enough oxygen through the rockwool or they wouldn't be doing as well as they are, and maybe the lids are slowing evaporation down so you don't have to water as often?

Adding a watering hole should improve your design even more.

Great job all-around!

Good idea on taking the spray head entirely off the garden sprayer, I'm going to see how that works on my next nute feed. My sprayer clogs up quickly if I try to use it with fish emulsion or thicker nutes like Flora Nova, but I think it might work fine without the spray head.

I've spent quite a bit of time researching different grow methods, and I agree with DocBud that hempy buckets give you the best of both worlds as far as splitting the difference between active hydro and soil.

Less finicky than hydro, faster growth than soil. Can't wait to do a hempy grow!

+rep!

I'm in!

I did learn something that I'm going to employ next grow:
Water as little as possible during the 7-10 day period where the roots are seeking water. I watered during that time to make the plants look healthy...2-3 times per day!

While my roots did indeed find the bottom, I believe my root structure would be more stable had I starved them just a bit.

Oh, they're getting water and nutrients big time....but they're also going to fall over when the buds fill up, so I'll have to support them. This despite the fan, and the CalMag. Perlite is just not dense enough to support a lanky Sativa.....but they sure as hell grow!

thanks for sharing that doc!

these little tidbits of experience we share with one another are priceless, and one of the main reasons I'm here.

I've just taken the spray nozzle off of the wand and I water thru the rockwool , it is a little slow , after I harvest and have the buckets out I will put a watering hole in each lid.

Last night I was drifting off after a few tokes of Mr. Nice and after reading your journal I came up with a couple ideas:

1.) I like your lids on the buckets.
2.) I like your adaptation of the sprayer
3.) I also like hand watering with Hempy's

4.) It gets hard to reach the plants when they get bigger.....

and finally, from what I've been able to read about these things, when they grow up you want to water around the plant, and never water right next to the stem.

So, taking all of the above into account I may make a a ring out of half inch tubing that fits around the circumference inside the pots. I'll drill or cut a hole in this tubing in 3 places, and then attach a small funnel to it.

All you need to do is get water in the funnel, and the ring insures it makes it around the plant, seeps through the perlite, and into the resevoir. The water draws in oxygen, which is why it's best to water quickly and all around the plant.

Hempy buckets are the shizznit ;).

You've got a great setup and fast growth!

Your hempy buckets are the first I've seen with lids.

I guess your plants are getting enough oxygen through the rockwool or they wouldn't be doing as well as they are, and maybe the lids are slowing evaporation down so you don't have to water as often?

Adding a watering hole should improve your design even more.

Great job all-around!

Good idea on taking the spray head entirely off the garden sprayer, I'm going to see how that works on my next nute feed. My sprayer clogs up quickly if I try to use it with fish emulsion or thicker nutes like Flora Nova, but I think it might work fine without the spray head.

I've spent quite a bit of time researching different grow methods, and I agree with DocBud that hempy buckets give you the best of both worlds as far as splitting the difference between active hydro and soil.

Less finicky than hydro, faster growth than soil. Can't wait to do a hempy grow!

+rep!

I'm in!

I can't wait to see you do a hempy!

Back
Top Bottom