Hermaphrodites?

Gardinhackle

Please tell me these aren't hermaphrodite plants I have. And if so what do I do?

IMG_9666.jpg

IMG_9668.jpg

IMG_9669.jpg

Keep an eye on them and others can correct me if I am wrong but those do not look to be manners. I think they are just larg calyx (sorry if thats the wrong term) ill look it up. You should be good in my opinion

Edit: I think that is the right term. Some plants have some big ones like that on their own in my experience

And one rule of thumb to tell a larg calyx from a male flower is the calyx is pointy and has pistils the male is more round and has a little stalk that brings it off of the main branch. There are some good pics online comparing the two

yeah i see hair. they also look real close in to the plant. i'd say it's calyxes as well, but keep a watch for the next bit.

Ok, well I'm ok to pluck them all off even now if I have to. I take it that won't hurt the plant?

Also, I'm supposed to be away all next week should i do this before I leave or does it take much longer for them to develop in the event they are?

....and thanks for taking to time to answer me, I don't mind saying I'm stressed LOL. This is my first grow and I have done lots of HST on these plants and they look so good it would be a shamed if something happened.

You could rip them off but I'm sure it would cause some amount of stress not sure how much. I would watch them until like the day before you leave and make your call. I am like 99% sure the ones pictured are not though.

No worries about asking, that's what this place is all about. Your plants looks super nice. I totally get the stress, a lot goes into these ladies and we always want to put our best effort in. The main reason I feel confident is the pointed ends on yours, the hairs or pistils coming out, and they are attached right on the plant. If it hermied, those would be round on the end and have a little stem pushing them away from the plant. Yours to me look exactly like the ones on the left.

20210812_153031.jpg

If you have a magnifying jeweler's loop take a closer look at yours. The pistils or hairs is really a dead giveaway that they are not male. Personally, I wouldn't rip them off just to be safe but if you do, your plant will still be ok, not sure how much stress it would be if any maybe like a light defol I suppose

You could rip them off but I'm sure it would cause some amount of stress not sure how much. I would watch them until like the day before you leave and make your call. I am like 99% sure the ones pictured are not though.

No worries about asking, that's what this place is all about. Your plants looks super nice. I totally get the stress, a lot goes into these ladies and we always want to put our best effort in. The main reason I feel confident is the pointed ends on yours, the hairs or pistils coming out, and they are attached right on the plant. If it hermied, those would be round on the end and have a little stem pushing them away from the plant. Yours to me look exactly like the ones on the left.

20210812_153031.jpg

If you have a magnifying jeweler's loop take a closer look at yours. The pistils or hairs is really a dead giveaway that they are not male. Personally, I wouldn't rip them off just to be safe but if you do, your plant will still be ok, not sure how much stress it would be if any maybe like a light defol I suppose
I am having the same question is this possibly pollonated?

20210812_173833.jpg

20210812_173830.jpg

20210812_153031.jpg

Same as the posters question about the 5th week of flower and just noticed these today

20210812_193416.jpg

20210812_193346.jpg

20210812_192827.jpg

20210812_173833.jpg

I'll be interested in seeing whats said about yours too @Dkcamaro . The fact that you have what appears as two or maybe three together is weird but I see some hairs coming from the one on the left on the top photo.

will get better pics tomorrow
Hi Dk - the best way to get a good close-up is to let the camera focus but then move back and forth slightly until the bit you want in detail comes into sharp focus, in this case you were a little too close and focused behind the subject
If you can use a flash, even in daylight it will set the shutter speed to 1/125 -1/250 and give you a sharp picture with the correct part precisely in focus and well lit

0E703EBA-5DFD-427F-B90A-0F676E9E9DD1.jpeg
couple of my buds hermied out due to light stress from my small fan at night has a blue little light seems to be all the lower buds I cleared them out do you think she has a chance 6 week in flower.

FCEB9631-C49D-410C-8053-B4030618CFCE.jpeg

CDABA217-1F5C-46BE-ACEC-CE7FABCD222F.jpeg

7AA8480F-2F09-4543-93D8-AEA964CA292B.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom