Hi All!

SeedKilla

I have never grown Cannabis in my life. Some health issues make it worth a try.

I have been reading your forum for several months now. Since our state finally allowed home grow I have been researching. Here, I have seen the winning grows, a couple of fail grows, and more important some people didn't make it this far alive.

I have killed 14 seeds in the last month attempting to learn the ropes. 1 made it but she is good to go. Northern Lights Auto Fem.

Seems like a decent place.

Take care everyone.

I have been reading your forum for several months now. Since our state finally allowed home grow I have been researching. Here, I have seen the winning grows, a couple of fail grows, and more important some people didn't make it this far alive.

I have killed 14 seeds in the last month attempting to learn the ropes. 1 made it but she is good to go. Northern Lights Auto Fem.

Take care everyone.

:welcome: to the forum @SeedKilla :passitleft: don't worry plenty of peeps here to walk you through the process from germination to harvest, we'll even hold your hand if needed :ciao::popcorn:

Hi Seedkilla! Welcome to the friendliest and most informative cannabis forum. When you're ready, consider starting a Grow Journal. It's a great way to make new friends and get tons of helpful advice.

:peace:

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SeedKilla

What process are you using for germination?
Have you tried planting them directly into the soil?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..

Take care everyone.
Welcome to the 420 Magazine family @SeedKilla. CL🍀. :thumb: :welcome: :theband::circle-of-love: :party:

Welcome to :420: @SeedKilla . I have killed my fair share of seedlings. We all learn and grow (pun intended). You don't have to be the best to start, but you do have to start to be the best.

Take care everyone.
Welcome to 420Magazine my friend :welcome:
Anything you need help with just let us know. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Hi Seedkilla! Welcome to the friendliest and most informative cannabis forum. When you're ready, consider starting a Grow Journal. It's a great way to make new friends and get tons of helpful advice.

:peace:
Thank you. I will sir. The sole survivor after I learned not to pour 7.1 PH tap water on to the seeds, is doing quite well.

Noobie Grow Journal coming up. :)

Everyone, thank you for the warm welcome. Lord knows I could use the help learning this.
Anna Picture 1.jpg

This is the sole survivor, of my initial seed purchase. The other 14 are toast. :(

Anna is doing well though. As I was told, I will move this to a Noob Grow Journal.

Thanks again all, for the warm welcome.

Time to get to work. :)

Welcome to 420 Magazine @SeedKilla

What process are you using for germination?
Have you tried planting them directly into the soil?

Here's some helpful info: Welcome New Members - Please Read Before Posting

Here is some information if you would like to start a grow journal How to Make a Grow Journal

If you want to see want other growers are doing, here's that link.

This is where you place your grow journal.

Journals in Progress: Current and Ongoing

And, after you have over 50 posts you can vote and enter our contests to win free grow stuff from our sponsors.

420 Contests: Win Cool 420 Prizes

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,

Tok..
Hi Tokin Roll. What process am I using for germination? In the last few months? All of them. :) I have never done this before and tried them all.

You asked if I had tried planting them directly in soil? Why yes, I have. :) That was the last try.

I took 6 Blueberry seeds and scratched them with sandpaper in a matchbox. I then soaked them in a very light water and hydrogen peroxide solution for 24 hours. That was this weekend.

I then planted the seeds in a coco coir mixture with a small amount of nutes, and used my newly acquired PH soil and water testers (the expensive ones) and we are at 5.8 PH. I bought those lousy testers, and none worked. You need professional grade on these devices, I guess. The bad ones are already in the trash.

All 6 seeds germinated within 2 days.

Maybe I am not a seed killa after all, Lord willing.
Blueberry Auto Fems - Up.jpg

Take care everyone.

It takes a little time, but we will get you through the learning curve and you will be experimenting in no time. :green_heart:

What perimeters are you using to grow? Temp, water, speaking of water I read that you mentioned you are using tap water? I use tap water, but I run mine threw a portable RO water filter that work great. I got mine for 100.00 U.S. on Amazon, I think they are 105 or 110 now. It will filter up to 50 gallons of 0 ppm's of RO water a day. Also, the filters last more than a year before needing changed. Just a thought.

Do you know your ppm's coming out of the tap?

What are you feeding her?

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

edit:
PH for soil is 6.0 to around 6.5.
PH for water is 5.7 to 6.2
Keep this in mind when you make up your feed or water solution.

Tokin Roll,

Thank you so much for the response. Here is where I am with this stuff.

If I am posting anything here that should be elsewhere like in a grow journal guys, please let me know and I will move it there. Not trying to break the rules.

Currently, the Northern Lights (Anna) is running at 76 degrees Fahrenheit and 50% humidity. My tap water PH is 7.1PH after filtering through a Britta. PPMs I am not even sure how to measure. After I add the nutes that came with the tent, it goes down to about 5.1 and then I PH up (LOL. I bought this, before understanding that PH up is 7.1PH tap water. Grr.)

These are auto flowers, so I have the coco running literally. at 5.9PH. This is where I killed all of the former seeds. I didn't understand PH and I was pouring 7.1PH water on these seeds and they would not grow. They didn't die, but they went nowhere. Anna is likely 2 weeks behind her schedule after I stunted here for 2 weeks. Didn't know what I was doing.

She is doing okay now though.

I created a grow journal for her here. Hopefully I will not kill the girl. :)

Thanks so much and take care.

Welcome to the community! My first six plants were Northern Lights autos. I killed one too. I think it was too much water. Nice strain.

You should be able to find out if your local water supply is treated with chorine or chloramine. If it's chlorine, you can let it sit in an open container and the chlorine with evaporate in approximately 24 hours. I use a 6 gallon bucket in the bathtub. Then after it's sat for at least 24 hours it gets run through a Brita (charcoal filter). Chloramine is harder to remove but can be done. An Internet search can give you some options. If you want to try RO water, you should be able to buy it at a local grocery store. Most of the stores in my area (including Walmart) have RO water dispensers where you can purchase by the gallon. That way you can try it before going through the expense and hassle of installing your own RO filter.

With a little help from everyone here I think you can go from SeedKilla to SeedThrilla!

Welcome to the community! My first six plants were Northern Lights autos. I killed one too. I think it was too much water. Nice strain.

You should be able to find out if your local water supply is treated with chorine or chloramine. If it's chlorine, you can let it sit in an open container and the chlorine with evaporate in approximately 24 hours. I use a 6 gallon bucket in the bathtub. Then after it's sat for at least 24 hours it gets run through a Brita (charcoal filter). Chloramine is harder to remove but can be done. An Internet search can give you some options. If you want to try RO water, you should be able to buy it at a local grocery store. Most of the stores in my area (including Walmart) have RO water dispensers where you can purchase by the gallon. That way you can try it before going through the expense and hassle of installing your own RO filter.

With a little help from everyone here I think you can go from SeedKilla to SeedThrilla!
Hi BiggMakk,

Thank you for the response. I like that strain too. When Michigan finally opened up for recreational, that was the first one I bought. For me at least, it's not too strong and it puts me to sleep. I need help to do that once in a while.

I will look into that chlorine/chloramine in our towns water supply. Learn something everyday. :)

Funny you should mention the 6 gallon bucket. I have been growing this plant for about 30 days, and I am already tired of mixing up small batches of water/nutes. I bought a big 10 gallon container. Next run I will just mix it up 10 at a time. :(

Our supermarket also does RO water in front of the store as well I think. I will look into that as well.

Thanks again for the encouragement BiggMakk, it's appreciated.

If you want to watch the girl grow, a couple of your well known members appear to have taken a liking to my plant, and they are helping me not kill her. :)

Take care.

Hi BiggMakk,

Thank you for the response. I like that strain too. When Michigan finally opened up for recreational, that was the first one I bought. For me at least, it's not too strong and it puts me to sleep. I need help to do that once in a while.

I will look into that chlorine/chloramine in our towns water supply. Learn something everyday. :)

Funny you should mention the 6 gallon bucket. I have been growing this plant for about 30 days, and I am already tired of mixing up small batches of water/nutes. I bought a big 10 gallon container. Next run I will just mix it up 10 at a time. :(

Our supermarket also does RO water in front of the store as well I think. I will look into that as well.

Thanks again for the encouragement BiggMakk, it's appreciated.

If you want to watch the girl grow, a couple of your well known members appear to have taken a liking to my plant, and they are helping me not kill her. :)

Take care.
@Emilya Green has a thread on how to water. It should be required reading for all new growers. CL🍀

Hi all,

@Emilya Green's thread is my mission for tonight. I started reading it before I joined, but it's more important now. Plant is doing okay, but I need to learn to feed her properly.

Off to do that now.

Thanks Captainlucky for the input and good advice. :)

Take care.
If you're in coco her thread does not apply to you. Different rules apply there and @Bill284 will tell you water everyday to runoff, cal/Mag goes in first then the rest of your nutes. PH to 5.8 I believe, but he'll weigh in with better details.

Also, although autos are marketed as a good "Learning to grow plant" they're anything but.

Next round you'll likely do better with photos which are much more forgiving.

Back
Top Bottom