Hi from USA! Lurker for a long time but decided to buy a tent and light!

Hello everyone, I've been reading 420 magaze forums for a long time and watching people grow some amazing flower. I recently decided to start my own grow so I bought a tent and 260w quantum board and can't wait to get started on some bagseed that I've been saving up for awhile.

Thanks!
Welcome! You have a recipe for success there.

Welcome to 420,SRS :welcome:
Fingers crossed for females...with bagseeds you just never know....

Hello everyone, I've been reading 420 magaze forums for a long time and watching people grow some amazing flower. I recently decided to start my own grow so I bought a tent and 260w quantum board and can't wait to get started on some bagseed that I've been saving up for awhile.

Thanks!
:welcome: SRS :ciao:...Looks like you have a plan of attack :thumb: ...but...I just gota ask :hmmmm: what made you come up with that user name :popcorn:

Bag seed can leave a lot to be desired. It may have had seeds because it was a hermie.

Yeah, it's a crapshoot. In the past, I have purchased quantities of MexiBrick just for the seeds (the relative few that weren't crushed, lol, out of hundreds). Grew out some wonderful sativas, the buds of which were comparable to the junk I pulled the seeds out of in genetics only. If you end up with something that was grown/harvested/dried/shipped poorly... you could end up being pleasantly surprised, perhaps even astounded. Or, if you buy an ounce and it has two or three seeds because the plant it came from was grown "to the very end" and it produced a few opposite-sex flowers as a species survival mechanism (plant couldn't get pollinated this year, maybe its daughters can next year), then you'll end up growing virtual carbon copies, which will be female.

But bud might have seeds because the plant was either a hermaphrodite or so likely to produce opposite-sex flowers due to stress that it might as well be one. In this case, you're chances of ending up with seedy bud probably ranges from "real likely" to a certainty. Plus, such plants tend to "pollute" any others growing in the tent (or, if grown outdoors, your other plants and your neighbors). Those seeds may have been produced in this manner.

And there's always random males growing within a relatively large area (wind-borne pollen can easily travel ¼-mile. If pollinated by an actual male, you'd have normal seeds which could be female - but they could also turn out to be male. And who knows what the father-plant was? Might be something great... might be feral hemp.

People used to start their grows with seeds they found in baggies of bud. Which was understandable, more or less, when commercially-sourced seeds cost $150 or more per pack. But now... Well, some still do ;) . But there are lots of seeds that are much cheaper, and not just "generic-class" cannabis seeds, either. Even old school breeders such as our long-term forum sponsor Sensi Seeds (<<<LINK), which has selections priced up to $216.52(!) at current exchange rates, offers seven strains in the $20.51 to $28.48 price range. And lots of choices between those two ends of the spectrum, of course.

Take a quick look at a vendor that sells seeds from multiple breeders - such as The Vault (<<<LINK), Seeedsman (<<<LINK), et cetera, and you should be able to find packs of seeds to fit just about any budget.

Those businesses I mentioned above are forum sponsors. Those and other businesses on our list of forum sponsors (<<<LINK) pay to keep this forum up and running, and free for all of us to use. I hope you can find a reason to give one or more of them your business at some point in the future (thanks!).

Many seed sellers also sell single seeds these days. I generally recommend packs instead of singles, because most strains express multiple phenotypes, and buying more than one seed of a strain allows YOU to select the phenotype that YOU would enjoy most. Plus, it gives you more chances to not screw up, lol. And a new grower is generally better off to start by growing a few plants of one strain instead of one plant each of a few strains, because of the possibility of the latter requiring different nutrient ratios/strengths.

Back
Top Bottom