High pH

bigleaf1

I need to know how to lower the ph in soil. My runnoff is 8.0 please let mo know what I need to do to correct this

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Measuring run-off is actually representative of your soil pH. What you need to do is get some of the soil and some distilled water, mix in some water to make it a slurry and then measure the pH of that. If your soil is too high you can get some dolomite lime to stabilize it to 7.

I've been watering with ph of 6.5 but still comes out high. Will flushing with a lower ph of 6 or even 5.5 help bring it down or will it cause problems

I've been watering with ph of 6.5 but still comes out high. Will flushing with a lower ph of 6 or even 5.5 help bring it down or will it cause problems

I wouldn't go any lower than 5.5 as you don't want them to bounce harder as more gradual would be better I would think. Are plants showing problems with PH? As if just minor issues then you don't want to go from too high to too low and gradually bring it down by flushing with 6.0 and see if it changes.

Yeah it has ph issues pale leaves with riding tips and purple stems

Yeah it has ph issues pale leaves with riding tips and purple stems

Spunds like your seeing some lockout already. You should always mix dolomite lime or even powered oyster shell with your soils to buffer them BEFORE planting. Never use hydrated lime also that will burn your plants. Dress the surface with dolomite flour that ways every time you water you will be sweetening the soil! ;-)

Back
Top Bottom