HighDive's Sea of Greens

Hey everyone! Thought I start my own grow journal with the current grow. My first grow is currently in the flower room, and I'll just let her sit there till harvest. These plants are her clones with a few from seeds so I don't know how they will turn out, we'll see.

I got them under LST, with topping.

---

What strain is it? Bag seeds.
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Overall they are Sativa.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? 1 month Veg.
Indoor or outdoor? indoor.
Soil or Hydro? Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil.
If soil... What size pot? 2 gal and 3 gal air-pots with some 4x4 in square pots for clones.
Size of light? 600w MH
Is it aircooled? Yes, just a 12in osculating fan. Will get inline fan soon.
Temp of Room/cab? 80-83F
RH of Room/cab? 30-40 RH
PH of media or res? Not sure
Any Pests ? There were a fly, I got rid of it.
How often are you watering? Every other day.
Type and strength of ferts used? Fox Farm ferts collection.

---

Pics.

Sea of greens...
photo43.jpg

photo1.jpeg

photo_2_8.jpg

1 of 14 clones...
photo_3_6.jpg

This week some more photos to the current grow. After I did the LST for about two weeks this is what my plants looks like;

IMG_02268.jpg

Top view:

1/3 mothers
IMG_023510.jpg

2/3 mothers
IMG_022911.jpg

3/3 mothers
IMG_022812.jpg

Low angle:

IMG_023611.jpg

This is how I LST them with air-pots. I simply slide in the sticks in the hole and tide a string onto the branch, pull it down then tide it to the stick.

IMG_02397.jpg

My clones, they will be for my 3rd grow. Hehe

IMG_02568.jpg

IMG_025810.jpg

IMG_02608.jpg

Would anyone like to know how I clone my cuttings? It is fairly simple. I have step-by-steps photos if anyone interested I'll post them.

I'm still waiting for the active carbon and the Vortex fan to arrive. I'll be DYI on the carbon filters. Anyway, that's all for this week.

I supercropped the plants today. Basically, all the branches are bent horizontally. I hope it does not give the plants too much stress. In my first few attempts I broke the branch with the bending. During the trail and error I find out is much easier to bend them after a slight pinch to the stem to soften it. The stem will just fall over with a slight push. Oh, abou the broke stem I made them into clones.

The new arrival of air-pots coming in today, 1gal and they will be for the rooted clones. It will stay in this pot size for 1 month then transplanting it into 2gal to finish off the last month of veg stage. The 3gal pot will be for flowering, for 2 months.

Cloning is fairly simple, but it's always interesting to know how other people clone.

Ok guys, if you want to know this is how I go about in creating a clone army.

HIGHDIVE's Cloning Method

Step 1: Take cuttings from the bottom branches at 45 degree angle while it is in the vegetative growth for best results. This allow the mother plant to get more air from under and allowing her to focus the energy and resources towards the tops. Also, giving the bottom branches a new housing so they can become mothers, instead of under all other branches continue to remain small.

Place the cuttings it in a cup of water while you prepare the new housing for them. I do this to allow the plants to prepare itself by saving up water for root growth.

clonestep0.jpg

Step 2: Select a small pot (I use 4x4 square pot), filled it with a medium, here I use (Fox Farm Ocean Forest) give it some water and let it sit for few mins for it to soak all the way through. You will noticed that during the cloning process that water is the key part in its survival.

clonestep11.jpg

Step 3: After a few min, grab a stick and poke in the soil 2.5 to 3 inches deep. This is where you will slide in the new cutting. I place it in deep to insulate the stem, also the depth will hold the clone in place.

clonestep21.jpg

Step 4: Once that is done. Slide in the new cutting gently, then pack the soil together around the stem to hold it in place. The plant will start to withered, that's normal. What you want to do next is mist the plant with water. Here onward it will absorb water through the leaves.

clonestep31.jpg

clonestep41.jpg

Step 5: To prevent the leaves from drying out you need a transparent dome. It does not matter if your room RH is at 90%, the fans and light will dry it out without a dome. I use a clean circular plastic wear, make sure it is transparent so light can go through. Like a mini-green house. You want to also mist the dome with plenty of water, then place it on the pot, tuck in any leaves that's sticking out. I personally don't cut the leaves. The more there are the more water it can take in, thus faster root growth. A few hours later it will stand up on its own.

clonestep51.jpg

clonestep61.jpg

clonestep7.jpg

clonestep8.jpg

There you have it! No rooting hormone; no powder or gels. All 100% natural. With this method the plant took root within 4 - 5 days. You can check it by taking off the dome for an hour, if the plants does not fall over then it has rooted. A sure sign is when the leaves curls up when you take off the dome, it is reaching for more lights then you can just leave the dome off for good. Your cutting is now a clone!!!

If by some reason it withered within an hour after the dome is off, then mist it again same with the dome then place it back on top. Wait for 24 hours then it should be good.

I am new to growing MJ and experimented to see if I could grow from cuttings. I took my first set of cuttings from growing tips at the top of the plant and then my second set from the bottom. I used both a commercial dome and a baggie as humidity domes. I also used rootone.

It's good to know that you can get cuttings to root without using any hormone stimulus. I like your use of clear cups over the square pot as a humidity dome since it also leaves some of the soil exposed to air. The time to rooting without hormone seems to be the same for me with hormone.

I'll definitely try duplicating your method my next time around. Thanks for sharing. :) :clap:

Your ladies all look quite healthy and green. How do you determine (judge?) when they are ready to go 12/12? By strain, nodes, time? I am learning. :morenutes:

Very nice. Fun to see the SOG starting to take shape. Sorry if I missed the info, but approximately how many cuttings do you take at a time, and how many plants are harvested how often?

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb::yummy::goodjob:

Your ladies all look quite healthy and green. How do you determine (judge?) when they are ready to go 12/12? By strain, nodes, time? I am learning. :morenutes:

Hi TryingOui, thanks for tuning in.
I try to veg them for 2 months then put them under 12/12. Often I do 1.5 months since they are under 24/hrs. That or when they reached 2.5 feet. When flowering they also grow additional 2-3 feet, and my room is limited in height so that's a good indicator. I'm learning too, and to me, this method works best.

Very nice. Fun to see the SOG starting to take shape. Sorry if I missed the info, but approximately how many cuttings do you take at a time, and how many plants are harvested how often?

Thanks for sharing!

:thumb::yummy::goodjob:

Hi Papa Green, having someone like you (top level grower) in my journal is an honor. To answer your questions, I normally take 12-15 cuttings from mothers when they reach 1.5-2 months from clone/seed. Then I place those mothers under 12/12, and veg the clones.

I'm trying to get a perpetual harvest every 2 months, totally 10-12. Right now I only have 7 mothers under 12/12, the rest of 14 other plants remain in veg.

Fantastic having Papa Green on your thread! He'll have you thinking of things that will take you and your garden to a level you never thought possible.
With the skills you already have this thing is gonna be awesome! :goodjob:

That's awesome. Reaching the highest potential in growing is my dream. I want to take a dive from the new height. Haha

[09-01-10]

Installed the second 600w HPS in the flowering room, moved out the clones to the veg room under 400w MH. There are 7 mothers under 12/12. Two are from seeds so I will not know its sex for about 5 days. One mother is really green all over, very youthful, will have better pics soon. These pic of the flower room has low light (HPS turned off).

IMG_027411.jpg

Trying to have a perpetual grow, harvesting every 2 months aiming for one pound plus from all these plants. I have 2 new plants from seeds (Super Lemon Haze), and these are the only two plants I know the strain, the rest are bag seeds. But the grow for SLH will be in another journal starting up soon...They deserve a special attention.

The clone veg room. Under a 400w MH, 24/0.

IMG_02788.jpg

Back
Top Bottom