Quick update.

Flower room.

IMG_02847.jpg

IMG_02856.jpg

[Update] ~ 10.01.10

flowering8.jpg

flowering31.jpg

flowering21.jpg

Not sure why my plants don't have big colas. I may have LST too much that all the energy is divided among other tops... Got 7 plants with two 600w HPS on them. The buds spaces out between one another it does not remain as one big cola. Anyone got any idea why it's doing this?

I also noticed that there is no fragrance it smell like grass, lesser than grass...but when I rub the flower the sweet smell break out. Other than that it does not smell...is this normal?

imo your colas are not yet big colas as they are not so far into flowering, they will get bigger and fatter as they mature some more, also with you using the LST that will make many of your bud sites a good size but do away with one huge cola, the idea of lst is to maximize many bud sites instead of having one big fat bud and lots of little crappy ones at the lower end of the plant.... thats my understanding anyway, im growing a 12/12 SOG myself iv attatched the link. im going for just the main cola, no training

Alex's 850Watt -23 Plant S.O.G 5 Strain Mix

imo your colas are not yet big colas as they are not so far into flowering, they will get bigger and fatter as they mature some more, also with you using the LST that will make many of your bud sites a good size but do away with one huge cola, the idea of lst is to maximize many bud sites instead of having one big fat bud and lots of little crappy ones at the lower end of the plant.... thats my understanding anyway, im growing a 12/12 SOG myself iv attatched the link. im going for just the main cola, no training

Alex's 850Watt -23 Plant S.O.G 5 Strain Mix

Hi alex801, thanks for dropping in. I noticed the tops are growing bigger, not sure how I can make it grow even bigger since they are now in 7 weeks of flowering.

I'll check out your grow, thanks for the link.

Ya I agree,
They might not look big yet but give them a second...
The first 2-3 weeks of flowering is just the start,the last couple weeks is when the buds start swelling up and getting ripe...you will get there,
Looks good though...

Thanks. I think mine is a bit slow since it's my second grow and I have yet to learn to master it. The plants are now in 7th week of flowering. When do I know its time to harvest? At 8-9th week of go by the trichome color? I noticed there is no smell at all in the flowering room. But when I touch the buds my fingers smells nice. :D

hi highdiver.... dont panick that ur in 7th week of flower and theyv not fattend much, in your threads opening u sed they are mainly sativa. some sativas like to flower for 8,9,10,11,12,13,14 weeks, maybe youv got a long flowering strain in your garden. majority of the 6,7,8 week flower strains are heavy indica's. also youl notice the size packon in the final 2 weeks.... and as for the room smelling of nothing.... my first grow i thort the same untill a buddy walked up my house stairs n sed alex uv gota sort that skunk smell out its ridiculos, i personaly couldnt smell it with living here id grew used to it, it mite be the same for u, take a walk in fresh air, take a deep breath b4 getting home, run to the grow room, let your breath out take a big one in and u may be greated by a lovely skunky smell u neveer thort was there lol :)

as for harvesting time i belive that the best time to harvest is when around 50-75% of your trichomes are a cloudy amber colour. if theres not a 30x microscope available id chop down when around 70% + of the white hairs on the buds have turned orangey.

This week some more photos to the current grow. After I did the LST for about two weeks this is what my plants looks like;

IMG_02268.jpg

Top view:

1/3 mothers
IMG_023510.jpg

2/3 mothers
IMG_022911.jpg

3/3 mothers
IMG_022812.jpg

Low angle:

IMG_023611.jpg

This is how I LST them with air-pots. I simply slide in the sticks in the hole and tide a string onto the branch, pull it down then tide it to the stick.

IMG_02397.jpg

My clones, they will be for my 3rd grow. Hehe

IMG_02568.jpg

IMG_025810.jpg

IMG_02608.jpg

Would anyone like to know how I clone my cuttings? It is fairly simple. I have step-by-steps photos if anyone interested I'll post them.

I'm still waiting for the active carbon and the Vortex fan to arrive. I'll be DYI on the carbon filters. Anyway, that's all for this week.

Good looking grow HighDive:thumb:...i use a deconstructed bulldog clip to lst with airpots....they fit into the airpot without blocking any holes, they dont need to penetrate into the medium so dont damage roots, and they dont take up much space...heres an example ofhow i use em :peacetwo:...
DSC_0571.jpg

Hi alex801,

Oh man I didn't know some strain flower that long! I don't think there's enough time to flower that long I'm slowly moving everything out of the grow room into the new place. Will have to cut them down next week regardless if it's done or not. But with the new place I have more control.

I do noticed the smell now since they are slowly maturing. And I notice it most when i touch it. Yes, I'm starting to look at the trich for 50% amber/couldy too, and some are getting there.

Time to flush them.

---

Hi bassplayer,

Thanks for your idea. Your plants looking healthy and is LST nicely. What lights are you using on those?

Updates 10.23.10

It's a jungle in there. I'm cutting it down next week, starting to flush now.
With the new grow I'm experimenting with LED lights instead of HID, due to heat and electric cost. So right now I'm doing research on LED.

Here are some photos of these baby in 7th week of flowering.

MG_6230.jpg

MG_6223.jpg

MG_6224.jpg

MG_6228.jpg

MG_6235.jpg

Back
Top Bottom