Horse's Coco Hempy 400w CMH Vertical Crawlspace Grow 2010

400 watt HPS, cooled, plus mucho suplemented lighting. curl is everywhere. All parts from top to bottom, starts with the inner small leaves, and works to the larger ones. Upside down canoes that turn into eagle claws.

Sure sounds similar. I think I first noticed my claws on the fans, though, and then it got into the little, newer leaves. How long have yours had it?

:peace:

Too much N should cause your leaf color to be a dark green, probably before any other symptoms are showing. In pics it's hard to tell but they don't appear excessively dark to me, unless the strain is known to produce light green foliage.

Too much N should cause your leaf color to be a dark green, probably before any other symptoms are showing. In pics it's hard to tell but they don't appear excessively dark to me, unless the strain is known to produce light green foliage.

I haven't grow JH before, so I'm not sure what's normal for her, but the curls maybe a little darker. I'll give that a check tonight. So, I guess really killer diller super duper skanky danky pot doesn't look like this :grinjoint:

horse, do your plants need water every 2 days or do you water them on a schedule instead of demand?

I found a post by a grower in DWC who had the canoe/claw leaf thing going on because his roots kept getting into his water/nutes. Of course that was his interpretation of what was going on and I didn't find a follow-up post. Apparently he also found his ph to be low. Canoe from N, drooping from overwatering, my more or less uninformed diagnosis.

I'm no scientist but I like TwoTokes' thoughts best so far. Sounding like a variety of things can cause this. I'll be interested to see what happens.

One more thing for me to worry about, slightly below the stem-boring worms that attacked Woodsman's girls and the fungus gnats that are attacking Tmac's grow. Our adventures never end!

Doc just laid out the PWT in detail on his med grow thread.

That is why I am worried. With all the bugs, plants are staying to wet in the soil......

High All,

I posted this in another thread, but zip for traffic, so...

I have this tent:

Mother_Keeper_Bullet_Points_GALLERY.jpg

I'm thinking of running a 25-30 1gal grow bag perpetual sog.

I think I could squeeze 3 2' 4 Tube T5HO 104w Sunblaze fixtures in there. I know that 2 will fit. I have the fixtures, but I'd have relamp to bloom lamps. I think I can get 2 8packs of Agromax (?) for around 70 bucks.

I could get a 250w CMH horizontal bulb and ballast kit for about 130 bucks. I have a mogul and open hood. I am figuring 250w in that tent is borderline heat manageable with stuff I have, but I'm not sure if 150 would be enough light for good buds?

What do y'all think would be my most bang for the buck, or more importantly, the most bang for the buds

Thanks for any ideas.

Sorry Horse I have no idea I don't know any of those lights. Are you saying you're going to run 25-30 plants in there?

I'm pretty disappointed in how the buds are looking on my grow with the cfl's, I'm really tempted to get a vertical 400w cmh bulb like you've got.

Do you think it would make much impact if I didn't have it until week 6 or so of flower? By the time I ordered it and got it installed that's about where I'd be. These are supposedly 7-9 week strains, but probably longer due to the cfls.

Thanks and take care!

Sorry Horse I have no idea I don't know any of those lights. Are you saying you're going to run 25-30 plants in there?

I'm pretty disappointed in how the buds are looking on my grow with the cfl's, I'm really tempted to get a vertical 400w cmh bulb like you've got.

Do you think it would make much impact if I didn't have it until week 6 or so of flower? By the time I ordered it and got it installed that's about where I'd be. These are supposedly 7-9 week strains, but probably longer due to the cfls.

Thanks and take care!

High Blue, yeah I'm thinking of an ongoing Sea of Green. Small plants, one cola, different strains, and staggered harvests.

I don't know about changing horses :) The CMH is pretty intense, compared to CFLs.

I got my bulb from these folks:

Phlips MasterColor Ceramic Metal Halide ~ CMH ~ HPS-Retro White

and will eventually get a ballast kit from 'em, too. They throw in an HPS with the CMH... maybe use that 1st, then move to the CMH? Seems like the seed companies time projections are usually best, best case scenarios (unless you're Setting Sun :grinjoint:), so finishing w/ more light just may help pack it on, and the CMH ought to boost the trichs.

Go for the light, Grasshopper :cool:

[QUOTE=HorseBadortiz;

Go for the light, Grasshopper. Horse hows it goin ? IMHO the 250 would be nice in that tent with a good exhaust fan .I run a 400 in a 4x4 tent no probs..
Suggestion bout the claw low ph Sativa dominant or haze type plants are supposeply on the low end of ferts. and like a higher ph . Nute sensitive and tricky to grow compared to Indica .Also sativa are naturally a light green in color . You should give kush a try would be nice in the little tent . Any ways hope this helps a bit..:goodluck:

Thanks Horse. Gotta take a hard look at the finances, so many gifts to buy and bills to pay ugh.

I'm drooling thinking of a grow like that. Would they be hempy? How will you handle the run-off? :peace:

The Claw, Saturday after the flush and raising the light:

DSC08391.jpg

Sunday, after a 6.0pH watering w/ cal/mag, Hygrozyme, and SuperThrive:

DSC08430.jpg

DSC08427.jpg

It still seems to be relaxing.

I'm wondering if it could bee too much light? Spectrum, brightness, heat? The lower leaves, and the dark side of the plant don't seem nearly so effected. And now she's acclimating? Do leaves curl to reduce their solar collecting profile? Variables out the wazoo :tokin:

DSC08428.jpg

DSC08433.jpg

DSC08431.jpg

DSC08403.jpg

DSC08406.jpg

DSC08400.jpg

DSC08395.jpg

White Russian finally got her wish... bloom, baby, bloom!

She is one sticky, stinky munchkin... :grinjoint:

DSC08408.jpg

DSC08409.jpg

DSC08410.jpg

In the tent. White Russians

DSC08412.jpg

Jacks

DSC08413.jpg

It has warmed up a bit outside. Temps are better in the hole w/ a heater set at 65°, w/ a little cyclonic direction.

Picked up some city water, easier for me to deal with than dragging jugs to the health food store :). Letting it sit, then the tests will begin. Rain is just too iffy.

County water report:

Physical Water Quality Characteristics
The following characteristics impact the taste and appearance of drinking water.

Alkalinity
(mg CaCO3/L)

23 to 46
not regulated
not regulated

Calcium
(ppm)

6.41 to 8.02
not regulated
not regulated

Color
(CU)

0 to 2
No MCL

Iron
(ppm)

0.00 to 0.20
No MCL

Manganese
(ppm)

0.00 to 0.03
No MCL

Ortho-Phosphorus
(ppm)

0.48 to 0.81
not regulated
not regulated

pH

6.9 to 8.6
No MCL
6.5 to 8.5

Specific Conductance (umhos/cm)

133.7 to 252.0
not regulated
not regulated

Total Hardness
(mg CaCO3/L)

15 to 38
not regulated
not regulated

Total Phosphorus
(ppm)

0.67 to 1.08
not regulated
not regulated

It seems like it would work, to me. Any thoughts appreciated?

Looks good to me Horse, really it's pretty clean with some nice micros. Doc says if TA is under 100 you're good to go. Just ph down.

The claw doesn't seem to be affecting the buddage. How much longer they have to go? Looking great!

Back
Top Bottom