How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

I do. I can now also ship the Drawf Star internationally, but it is much heavier than the Perfect Sun 500, so the 500 is the best deal after shipping cost.

The prices listed on my site are for free shipping in USA. How to grow marijuana free lessons

The Perfect Sun 1000 -- add about $140 average for shipping. Just use the contact tab if interest in a light. Let me know which one, where you live, and I can give you a shipping cost. UK is $140- Australia is $140 as well for the PS 1000.

Dwarf Star is around the same -- $100 to UK and Aus.

PS 500 $70 to UK and AUS.

The shipping charges are pretty much the same for that part of the world.

To Canada, it is only $40 extra for the 500, $60 for Dwarf Star and $80 for PS 1000.

I do. I can now also ship the Drawf Star internationally, but it is much heavier than the Perfect Sun 500, so the 500 is the best deal after shipping cost.

The prices listed on my site are for free shipping in USA. How to grow marijuana free lessons

The Perfect Sun 1000 -- add about $140 average for shipping. Just use the contact tab if interest in a light. Let me know which one, where you live, and I can give you a shipping cost. UK is $140- Australia is $140 as well for the PS 1000.

Dwarf Star is around the same -- $100 to UK and Aus.

PS 500 $70 to UK and AUS.

The shipping charges are pretty much the same for that part of the world.

To Canada, it is only $40 extra for the 500, $60 for Dwarf Star and $80 for PS 1000.

Oh, my lights handle 110 to 240v, and can come with UK, European plugs, etc. I also have the Aussie plug.

That's awesome to know dude. I didn't realise you'd be able to change the voltage to be fit for Aus so easily. I was afraid I may have needed step down converter.
Damn dollar of ours at the moment though, its almost double in AUS$ being you're in the US.
I do really like your design and results though. I guess the only downside would be warranty claims.

Shape of the light, one being more square, the other more rectangle. 500 is all aluminium , so very light.

500 uses 5w bridgelux so more penetration power. Dwarf Star uses 3w.

It really comes down to growing style really. 500 uses a bit less watts.

Sidenote Cree doesn't make a 5w led chip.

Hey LEDRF, thanks for all of the great coco grow info. I've got a few coco grows under my belt now and I'm going to try a Hempy coco grow. Your Hempy video was posted about a year and a half ago. Are you still running Hempys and have you changed anything? Also, it looked like you were running a 70% coco and 30% perlite mix throughout the pot with no separate bottom layer. Is that still the case?

Thanks for this thread!

I have been doing a drip system fed three times a day. This run is 100% coco. The last drip system run, I did coco in some, coco perlite in others, pure perlite, ad pure rockwool.

I have always enjoyed pure rockwool because my drippers don't have to water as much. I save nutrients.

I would try a few things with hempy. Do at least one with coco perlite mix, then at the bottom use about 2 inches of just perlite. Try at least one with 50/50 coco perlite.

What I enjoy about hempy with coco and perlite is that I can get away with watering every other day.

What I enjoy about hempy with coco and perlite is that I can get away with watering every other day.

Thanks! Other than the watering, is this pretty much the same as a top watered coco grow? My last grow still required a few flushings, but less than my previous grows. The Blue Dream never looked distressed or anything, but I flushed when my runoff ppms were getting a bit high. I was not that anal about measuring my runoff ppm, but would check somewhat periodically. Was wondering if flushing will/might still be warranted. Thanks!!!

Dense, are you using tap or well water? They can have powerful buffers in them, which can require you to use PH down several days in a row in your res before it finally stays at 5.8.

I use Cogos during veg right now, but will probably switch to Cyco nutrients once Cogos is gone. For flower I use Cyco nutrient A and B. It is so readily available to the plants. I usually run 1.8 EC, but with this stuff, 1.4 to 1.6 is more than enough.

When I use R/O that also puts my water right at 5.8 then if I add Advanced Bud Bloom or whatever, it doesn't mess with the PH. Sometimes I add a little Silica.

Hello LEDRF! I have a bit of a problem with my coco coir grow and i can't figure out what exactly causes the problem.

Growing in a 4x4x6.5 tent with 600w lamp with air cooled reflector, carbon scrubber and a powerful exhaust fan, plus 2 osculating fans in the tent. My temps average from 24 to 25, RH 46-55%, and light distance between the seedlings and the light is 3.6ft. The Seedlings are 16 days old, the one that looks healthiest i water with 225PPM nutrient solution - A&B Canna Coco, Rhizotonic, Calmag and that's it. The less healthier seedlings get the same nutrient solution only at 155ppm, all with 5,9-6.0PH. And one of the plants has a terrible tacoing and curling the tips of the leaves, and it only gets worse, slowing down the growth significantly. The other trouble maker was growing fine, but after the last watering the bigger leaves started limping down and sweating. It seem to recover from that a bit, but it's grow has been stunted too. All the plants are watered equally, though i tried flushing the curling troublemaker with weaker nutrient solution which did not help and then with ph-ed water with 30% rundown.

Posting pictures bellow, would really appreciate and advice for how to help them. The First 2 are troublemakers and the third one is the healthy plant.

Here is a link to my thread if you need more info - First Grow in Canna Coco

Has your PH pen been calibrated recently?

Be sure it is reading accurately. Mix exactly half and half of the calibration solutions, the 4 and the 7. Then test that mixture. It should be 5.1 or so. Be sure to measure the half and half exactly, using a dropper or something.

Also, when the plants are young, water lightly, with just enough to wet the area around the roots. Don't water to runoff in the beginning.

Now they are large enough and old enough to water until a bit of runoff.

I would be watering with like .6 EC now.

Check the PH of your runoff and the PPM. Put in .6ec and see if the runoff is close to .6ec. Same with PH, put in 5.8 and see if around 5.8 comes out.

So I'll be starting a coco grow in a month or so, I want to use a res and water 3 times a day on a timer. At what points should I flush?

What should the ppm be at early veg, late veg, early flower, and late flower?

I see a lot of varying ph levels, what is a good level to stick with? Or should I let it fluctuate between 5.5-6.0 or something?

Any other main pointers would be great.

Thanks,

Seaweed

Sent from my VS985 4G using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Has your PH pen been calibrated recently?

Be sure it is reading accurately. Mix exactly half and half of the calibration solutions, the 4 and the 7. Then test that mixture. It should be 5.1 or so. Be sure to measure the half and half exactly, using a dropper or something.

Also, when the plants are young, water lightly, with just enough to wet the area around the roots. Don't water to runoff in the beginning.

Now they are large enough and old enough to water until a bit of runoff.

I would be watering with like .6 EC now.

Check the PH of your runoff and the PPM. Put in .6ec and see if the runoff is close to .6ec. Same with PH, put in 5.8 and see if around 5.8 comes out.

I have 3 PH meters, all of them calibrated recently and i try to test them out all the time, since i know my tap water is 7.2PH.

I did that with one of my damaged plants today that needed watering and i ran a 5.8 PH water through it and the runoff with PH was fine it came out 5.9PH, but i saw a red flag immediately after testing the ec of the water. It was 776PPM or 1.1 EC and the girl was watered with a nute solution that had 226PPM -_- Most probable cause of the problem, how should i proceed? Should i water with heavy run-off with water without nutes ASAP or wait for it to dry a bit?

Thanks for the answer!

Just start feeding with about .6 to .8 EC PH to 5.8. Water daily.

Gotcha, will do that. Watered the other girl with signs of trouble, got the same result, though the PH was off for about 3 points. Will water them daily with little run-off and will see how they will react to that in several days. Will keep you posted, :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom