How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

I've gotten powdery mildew with my other process as well. It is easy to bring it in from outside, like if you are hiking or something.

However, in this case, when I grew those regulars, I bought some regular clones because I didn't have time to clone or wait for seeds. As usual, when you buy clones from a dispensary the they have something. You cannot see that a clone has powdery mildew either. I treated them just in case as I always do, but it didn't work. I should have sprayed the clones with eagle 20.

Once that crap is in your grow room, it is super hard to get rid of. Hopefully, this time around it will be gone.

LEDRF,

I tried to message you on a PM since you grow medical and I don't wan't to cause any controversy on the forum...but the forum won't allow anyone with less than 50 posts to do PMs.

....FYI From what I've been able to read Eagle 20 might contain some bad stuff ..esp for medical...

Let me know what you think...I value your opinion.

Bill

Eagle 20 does. Only use it in veg so that it has enough time to exit the plant. I also use floramite and my flower has always past the tests for dispensaries, so the stuff does get out of the plant because pesticides is one of the things they test for.

The regulars. I got 1.5 or 1.7 pounds. However, with six autos in the same room, and even though I fought PM the whole time, so far I got 1.3 pounds, and I haven't gotten the dry weight from the monster auto Euforia yet. She will put me at least at 1.5 pounds this grow.

THat is with autos, which is amazing.

LOL, nice. Great journal, and great effort on all this. I really feel more educated now. And your F-ups in the video are funny. lol Let me ask you this, but I think I know the answer...... On the Ebb n Flow type.. just one constant drip of fresh nutes? Is that better than 4-5 times a day ? or same, or not a good idea? Im thinking of building a DIY watering system, if I dont get a timer then I was thinking the constant drip, but im thinking timer with 4-5 cycles of water is best.

Where do you get your sand for the two levels in the pot ( treat it? ) or with the bags now that are recommended, do you not need sand????

Thanks for all the work you put into the coco grow series.

In appreciation I would like to offer the following tips:

(as always, your mileage may vary)

* put a lid on your dehumidifier bucket, drill a hole and put an elbow on your drain pipe so water
from the bucket isn't evaporating back into your room so easily... or just attach a hose and let it run outside.

* don't need cloning jell if you just add a spoon full of the right nutes to 5 gallons of water in your cloner

* as to drilling holes an inch or two above the bottom of your pot... you could test this simply by STOPPING vacuuming
the excess water out of the tray you grow in. Most flower pots sit in a bowl that collects runoff ...that it will suck
back up into the medium.

* the best grower I know says... although they are slower to take off, the clones from the lower branch eventually make
plants that yield more bud weight.

* you can buy 5x15 ft trellis on eBay for $6... which is much easier than running all that string

* Forbid kills the hell out of spider mites.

* uv hand sanitizer light simulates higher altitudes and causes plants to pack on trichomes and also kills powdery mildew, fungus
and a lot of other pests. Even pest that it doesn't kill will avoid the effects. If you look into a uv light for a couple
minutes you will be nearly blind the next day. It will feel like sand is is in your eyes and take several days to return to
normal. You'll need at least a 13 watt uv bulb and ballast. You can mount it under an aluminum pan like you roast a turkey in.

Cannabis researchers in Maryland found that increasing doses of UVB radiation, a natural part of sunlight, made the
plants produce almost 28% more THC in the buds. Here is an article that describes the fascinating molecular reaction in cannabis to uv light and how to regulate the light to optimize results.
How To Get More THC For Your Growing Marijuana | THC 420

By the way, due to a shipping mistake I have over a 100 of the 13w uv bulbs with starters.

* A trick to sprout seeds that don't normally sprout when placed in water is to scuf them with sand paper... after all they
are designed by nature to survive rolling down rocky mountains ...but a better trick is to put them inside a small sprayer and "pump" it up.

Increasing the pressure on the seed causes water to "seep" into the seed (which is at normal atmospheric pressure INSIDE the seed ...
and lower than the pressure inside the pump up sprayer - on the outside of the seed.)

In testing 24 seed strains (with 10 or more seeds per strain) it was found that usually 60-70% of the seeds sprouted naturally. After putting them inside a pump-up "mist" sprayer the seeds that didn't sprout would then sprout - about 2 out of every 3 tested. That resulted in nearly 90% overall success rate... which is great when growing from seeds that may cost up to $20 each.

* I've been told that $100 worth of MPK is the same as $1,200 worth of Monster Bloom

* More weed reviews by your girlfriend would be great! (Oh that was a tip for me.) Maybe you'll get her stoned enough she'll forget to
vote for Hillary (that's a tip for the country!)

Bud, right now I am using the Bluelab combo that has the PH attach to it. So far, it is working good.

Ones I have used that work good for a good year if you care for them: The echo plus. It's green. Buy from Amazon rather than ebay, though. Ebay seems to have too many shady people selling fake stuff or returned items and trying to sell them as if new.

Right now for back up I am trying the Hanna red PH meter, the one that is for beer. It has the larger square top. I have used the blue one for TDS for beer and that thing rocked until I got it wet. It lasted over a year.

Blue labs sells just a PH pen.

LEDRF,

First of all, thank you so much for all the time, knowledge and effort you've put into this thread and videos!

I am planning a grow in a 3x3x7 tent with 4 plants in coco using your method and have one (long) question.

Would you recommend for or against the use of Smartpots or other fabric pots? I was planning to use a 3 Gallon smartpot for each plant but worry that water retention will not be good enough.

I see that you have added a home-made plastic bag airpot grow but seem to be using a different medium and watering system. Any reason I should avoid using a smartpot or airpot for a pure coco coir grow?

Should I add perlite? I see that you've started adding perlite for your drip system grow, I'm thinking of doing 70/30 coco/perlite in 3 gallon smarpots, handwatering with tap water+floranova bloom+calmag (small amount).

Thanks!

LEDRF,

First of all, thank you so much for all the time, knowledge and effort you've put into this thread and videos!

I am planning a grow in a 3x3x7 tent with 4 plants in coco using your method and have one (long) question.

Would you recommend for or against the use of Smartpots or other fabric pots? I was planning to use a 3 Gallon smartpot for each plant but worry that water retention will not be good enough.

I see that you have added a home-made plastic bag airpot grow but seem to be using a different medium and watering system. Any reason I should avoid using a smartpot or airpot for a pure coco coir grow?

Should I add perlite? I see that you've started adding perlite for your drip system grow, I'm thinking of doing 70/30 coco/perlite in 3 gallon smarpots, handwatering with tap water+floranova bloom+calmag (small amount).

Thanks!

What I found is that you need a shit load more COCO than you think. I had one large brick, and I need two. You should add perlite to the mix as well. Mine is like 5 parts coco, 3 parts perlite and 1 part worm castings. Im in the walmart breathable blue bags. And with all that mix, for 10 bags to fill. I need double of the above it turned out. You wont have much retention, cause it runs straight through. So have you a tray to catch run off, and water atleast minimum 2 times a day. Can water up to 5-6 times. My problem now is, im sick of watering. Im either going aero next time or getting an auto water system. Below is some interesting things you can add for watering.

Oasis Watering System - Automatic Plant Watering - Indoor Watering Machine | Solutions

Or this one is highly recommended from others over the oasis above

Blumats Retail, Professional and Wholesale

This is the route im thinking of heading below.

Search results for: 'root spa'

Hope that helps.

LEDRF,

Thanks!

You have only 4 plants. So actually you will have plenty of coco.

I'm not too concerned about the effort of hand watering as I only have 4 plants and take great pleasure in tending them. However I do not have room in my daily schedule to water more than twice a day and would prefer to water only once a day.

Would I be able to get away with once daily watering using normal pots?

Do you think there really is any advantage to smartpots or airpots with this coco system?

If I let my four smartpots drain into a tray and vacuum out the drainage, can I then re-use it? I would obviously need to balance pH and ppm but are there any other harmful side-effects?

You mention adding EWC to your medium and I've seen a lot of people who do soil-coco mix; any particular reason you add EWC?

I've also noticed that in your more recent videos, LEDRF, you've started using more nutes. I am now thinking of doing some silica in addition to the calmag+floranova as well as some PK boost during flowering. That root accelerator stuff is EXPENSIVE, is it worth it for a newbie or should I wait to experiment before getting a couple basic grows under my belt?

Thanks a ton!

I'm not too concerned about the effort of hand watering as I only have 4 plants and take great pleasure in tending them. However I do not have room in my daily schedule to water more than twice a day and would prefer to water only once a day.

Would I be able to get away with once daily watering using normal pots?

Do you think there really is any advantage to smartpots or airpots with this coco system?

If I let my four smartpots drain into a tray and vacuum out the drainage, can I then re-use it? I would obviously need to balance pH and ppm but are there any other harmful side-effects?

You mention adding EWC to your medium and I've seen a lot of people who do soil-coco mix; any particular reason you add EWC?

I've also noticed that in your more recent videos, LEDRF, you've started using more nutes. I am now thinking of doing some silica in addition to the calmag+floranova as well as some PK boost during flowering. That root accelerator stuff is EXPENSIVE, is it worth it for a newbie or should I wait to experiment before getting a couple basic grows under my belt?

Thanks a ton!

COCO IS MEANT TO BE GROWN MORE LIKE HYDRO. Woops, all caps..It breaths better than soil, allowing you to have it saturated and still be around 70/30% of still have 30% to breath. It needs more than once, the air pots just supply more air, more air to roots the better. Shopvac the excess, but I wouldnt re-use the water. Just me. I would test the run off from time to time just to see the parameters. Adding EWC is just a no brainer I think. Its earthworm shit. So its natural, fertilized soil.

In my tent grow, I use 100% coco in a walmart bag, which is a 50 cent air bag that holds 10 gallons of medium. I hand water that daily.

Smart pots work very well, but I didn't like how when I got gnats, they were hard to get rid of because they went inside the cones.

If you use pure coco in an air pot, you can water once a day. Use a humudity dome and let the plants get a good root system first, though.

I personally wouldn't reuse runoff. In some sort of NFL system, it is fine.

Root excel, I am unsure of at this point. It doesn't seem to make a difference, but I will use the bottle first, then stop using it for a grow and see if there is a difference.

I used to use Silica for a PH up replacement. I didn't notice any difference but in price.

I always use PK boost 3 times in the plants flowering. Week 1, the week they start to swell, and the week they start to dense.

As a cheapskate, I love the idea of using those 50 cent walmart bags. I also like the idea of skipping perlite. However, the cheapskate also doesn't like the idea of watering 10 gallons worth of medium for plants that probably won't grow more than 4' tall!

How much water do you find it takes to soak all of the medium in those walmart bags?

When you say airpot do you mean that as a general term for walmartbag/smartpot/etc. or do you mean those unique plastic pots with holes all over?

I think I will skip the silica and root booster for now.

Thank you very much for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom