How many

mikeydean

A friend just gave me two 1000 watt hps lights w/ transformers. how big a SCROG can i make with these? space not a problem!

well with no problem you should be able to fill a 10ft x 12ft space without any probs with a decent scrog.. maybe bigger depending ur setup.. Good luck

I'm a fellow scrogger and with 2 1000 watt lights you should easily be able to do a 4.5' x 4.5' area for each light, possibly even larger. One hint of advice, when designing your scrog area, make sure you can easily reach all parts of the screen so if doing larger size screens such as a 5x5 or so, make sure you can get around all sides of it to make it easier to tuck and train the plants....

Scrogging rocks!! I'm running 1000w (400w and 600w) in a 2.5'x5' area and usually get around 1.5lbs per harvest.

Mmm

4' by 4' area 16 square foot will give you 62.5 watts per square foot.

5' by 5' area 25 square foot area will give you 40 watts per square foot.

Average watts per square foot is 50 watts, optimal is around 65 watts & minimium is 30 watts per square foot.

You may well need to invest in some half decent air cooled reflectors to tame any excissive heat problems which may arise throught using 2 x 1000 watt hps tho

Scrogging rocks!! I'm running 1000w (400w and 600w) in a 2.5'x5' area and usually get around 1.5lbs per harvest.

May i ask if thats dry or wet weight ? please :peace:

Icemud, how many plants do you grow in that space with the 600 and 400 watt bulbs? How big (tall and wide ) are they. Soil or hydro? I plan on working with a space double your size so I will be doubling lighting too . But I only know soil growing right now. Help me please.

Icemud, how many plants do you grow in that space with the 600 and 400 watt bulbs? How big (tall and wide ) are they. Soil or hydro? I plan on working with a space double your size so I will be doubling lighting too . But I only know soil growing right now. Help me please.

Hey Sunnyside, sorry to just get to your question... 6 plants, in a 2.5' x 5' x 78" tent... all 3 of my journals are grown the same using a V-shaped scrog and so far the 2 finished ones have each hit over 1 1/4 lbs.. dry.. feel free to check out my grow journals for all the details and photo's. I also am doing soil...

Thank You for the reply. I have so much to learn and am grateful for all the advice from fellow growers and this web-site. Much Mahalo, Icemud and everyone else.I will check out your grow journal ect.

Back
Top Bottom