The Candlelight Club: Support Group For Those Running 400W & Less

Yep, just have to bust out the soldering iron and do it. I would be more worried if I didnt pay $5.50 for the chip. I think with the holder and the chip plus shipping it came to 14 bucks. Cheapest lesson I've learned in a long time. Lol

This is the F-strip part # S1-B8V261560WW people are using to build there own Quantum boards

Looks like it might be cheaper to buy (half as many) SI-B8V521560WW? Or is there more difference than it just being a "double-wide" version of the S1-B8V261560WW?

Looks like it might be cheaper to buy (half as many) SI-B8V521560WW? Or is there more difference than it just being a "double-wide" version of the S1-B8V261560WW?
Not sure I haven't built one myself . You would have to ask Shed's friends that helped him build his light. I'll send you a link to a site that might help

Built a light out with these 3 watt 3 volt full spectrum Bridgelux diodes running on 2 x 60 watt drivers each driver can drive 24-30 diodes Bought them for .10 us each ,drivers were maybe $15 can. couldn't find any scrap aluminum, so I used some brass plated drawer slides I had kicking around. Less than $40 for a 120 watt light @ 12,000 lum

l
total Plant seems to like it

Currently have 5 cfls actually pushing 42 watts each for a total actually wattage of over 200....i need to up it another 40 or 80 thinking of putting leds around the sides. I have a walmart timer, reflectors from farms store and bulbs from hardware store. We bought 5 at 4 gallon fabric pots on Amazon, got some peat moss, perlite and earthworm castings and a ph stick meter.
I have seven or eight varieties of seeds and will be checking my water today. I want to buy more seeds, i love getting them in the mail...but probably need to invest in more lights. My room is 3 by 5 and i have one small fan.
Im thinking of starting some plants in my room then transferring outside mid april to daylight. Not sure how big they would be...if i veg for 30 days... Our daylight would be less than 11 hours at that point i could induce flowering and keep them flowering for a month or two. I plant to germinate and start them in clear starbucks cups. That so i can see the root growth before transferring. Then plant in fabric pots with perlite= peat moss =earthworm/miracle gro potting soil mix. (One third moss, one third perlite and one sixth each miracle gro and one sixth castings)
After they have been in the cloth pots i may transfer to even larger containters or raised bed.
BigSur recommended using the Ace lebanese and then re vegging them and getting second harvest in the fall.
What am i missing?

240watt qb288s 4000k with a 40w 1100k Red light for sunrise and sunset. 10.6sq/ft 32"x48"x60" tent.

Looking at adding two more boards, qb120s, 65w each, 2700k. Also will likely remove the red cob fixture to use in a space bucket, switch the chip to either 4000k or 6000k and use for clones/seedlings.

Here is a shot this morning from my veg area outside my tent. I have right now 5 plants and a few clones running under a single vero cob 4k from sponsor Timbergrow, running at about 50watts over about a 2x5' area.

I have vegged 5 foot plants under this cob....a little goes a long way.

Single CF Grow X-1 100 w 3590 cob to veg, then a 150 watt CF Grow Gl Blue/Red to finish. Plant is two weeks into flower and in a 15 gallon pot. Will post results, last clone of this Blueberry gave 6.8 ounces @ 275 watts mix of 3590's and the GL, so it will be very interesting to see what just the GL does with a slightly bigger clone and a bit less wattage, but with far more red light.
The tent is 20" x36"x 60" with a constant running 5 inch duct booster exhaust, and an interior circulation fan. Feeding AN's Sensi line in Sunshine #4 peat.

Did a little DIY upgrade on the cheap.

Should be drawing about 22 watts per cob. I put the 1100k light back in as well, draws maybe 40 watts at most.

These plus my 240w boards (driving about 75% power now that plants are taller) puts me at 324 watts max. I may modify my hanging methods but this tent is set as far as light goes

I just added the wattage of my two SP-150s (134 watts each) and the TS-1000 I just won (150 watts), and realized I'll have 418 watts. 18 watts over the limit :( :rolleyes: ;) .

I just added the wattage of my two SP-150s (134 watts each) and the TS-1000 I just won (150 watts), and realized I'll have 418 watts. 18 watts over the limit :( :rolleyes:;) .
Go grab a christmas light just to round up to 420 :p

The LEDs sure seem to be killing it as far as low-wattage alternatives go. Still pretty pricey even for a DIY though.

They are pricey. I am poor. I skipped paying the electric bill for a month to buy my QBs. I dont really need light beyond that, but I got the go ahead from the boss to kick things up a notch. The two DIY lights in my photos cost under $40 to build. I am going to post on craigslist looking for burnt out case type led lights for salvage because I know they are out there. I have found reasonable prices drivers, but I love repurposing and saving money.

My next build is a 20x 3watt epistar build with an even mix of 6500k and blurple chips. Should pull about 40w and will be used for seedlings and clones. That build will have cost me about $18 by using salvaged materials other than the chips, solder, and thermal silicone adhesive. I even use scrap wire...

I just added the wattage of my two SP-150s (134 watts each) and the TS-1000 I just won (150 watts), and realized I'll have 418 watts. 18 watts over the limit :( :rolleyes:;) .

Start a new thread for your results, wouldn't want this one skewed, by your blatant disregard and over saturation of wattage and light.. :passitleft:

Back
Top Bottom