How to grow in Coco: Feed schedule

Hey cult. Hope all is well pal? Loving your podcast btw and your uploading some great stuff to your Instagram, loving following along. I've had a mad couple of weeks with work and haven't been able to update my journal just yet but I run into a little problem half way through week 5 of flower and wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me figure out where I went wrong so I can learn from my mistake for next time?

I'm thinking it may have been a potassium deficiency? Things haven't really gotten worse since the beginning of week 6 (I'm now on day 2 of week 7) which is when I upped the buddhas tree pk, luckily the buds are still getting bigger thank god, although I know it won't be as good as it could have been. Such a shame everything was going so well to, but still we learn from our mistakes and I'll put it right on the next one. It's affected some plants more than others. The worst ones are right underneath the lights. I'm thinking maybe cause I was running a 600w in the middle this time, which added more watts than usual to my tent they wanted more food? I also thought maybe it the lights may have been a little too close as well. My humidity has also been sitting around 28/30%, haven't been able to keep it up. Not really 100% where I went wrong, why I'm coming to the master lol!

Also it's quite packed in the tent again with leaves and some of the worse ones are covering better ones, do you think it would be alright to thin out some of the bad leaves or do you think better to leave them go as they've had enough stress with the damage to the leaves?

Thanks cult!

Here's some photos

View album 20553

Hey cult. Hope all is well pal? Loving your podcast btw and your uploading some great stuff to your Instagram, loving following along. I've had a mad couple of weeks with work and haven't been able to update my journal just yet but I run into a little problem half way through week 5 of flower and wondering if you wouldn't mind helping me figure out where I went wrong so I can learn from my mistake for next time?

I'm thinking it may have been a potassium deficiency? Things haven't really gotten worse since the beginning of week 6 (I'm now on day 2 of week 7) which is when I upped the buddhas tree pk, luckily the buds are still getting bigger thank god, although I know it won't be as good as it could have been. Such a shame everything was going so well to, but still we learn from our mistakes and I'll put it right on the next one. It's affected some plants more than others. The worst ones are right underneath the lights. I'm thinking maybe cause I was running a 600w in the middle this time, which added more watts than usual to my tent they wanted more food? I also thought maybe it the lights may have been a little too close as well. My humidity has also been sitting around 28/30%, haven't been able to keep it up. Not really 100% where I went wrong, why I'm coming to the master lol!

Also it's quite packed in the tent again with leaves and some of the worse ones are covering better ones, do you think it would be alright to thin out some of the bad leaves or do you think better to leave them go as they've had enough stress with the damage to the leaves?

Thanks cult!

Here's some photos

View album 20553

The low humidity is likely the cause, especially if its been warmer too. Makes it harder for the plants to uptake nutes. Its not necessarily that you werent giving enough but it could have locked out potassium due to the conditions. 28% RH is really low and id add a humidifier if its as low as that. It could also be that the plants were hungry for pk. If it happens agin bump up the pk by 0.1-0.2ecec and see if it helps. if not it will be down to room conditions.

Hola Cult I was wondering what your advice is If feeding once a day would you feed in the night before lights off or in the morning just after lights on ? Thanx

est time to feed if doing 1 feed per day is about an hour after lights on when the plants have fully woke up and will be thirsty. You will get the best uptake of nutrient then.

hey mate I been using kraken myco but I'm still at 2 weeks since seeds popped is it too late to switch to great white cos the grow shop ordered it in for me?

Thanks for the reply cult. Ahh, I didn't even think about the humidity being the cause. I knew it was a problem but did not know it effects the uptake of nutrients. With the hot weather it's been harder to keep it up for sure. It's been scorching over here. I do have a humidifier on, but it's outside the tent now by the passive intake vent, I ran out of room once they filled the net so had to take it outside the tent. I also found it harder to keep the underneath of the canopy warmer this time cause of the Aircon keeping the room so cold and cause the light can't get to the bottom of the tent it's causing two different climates sort of. These kosher really stretched up too. Thanks for the solid advice cult and pointing me in the right direction! Much appreciated!

hey mate I been using kraken myco but I'm still at 2 weeks since seeds popped is it too late to switch to great white cos the grow shop ordered it in for me?

yeah just get it in there mate. it will just add more mykos. def wont do any harm and will benefit. best results come when its applied direct to roots during transplnt.

Thanks for the reply cult. Ahh, I didn't even think about the humidity being the cause. I knew it was a problem but did not know it effects the uptake of nutrients. With the hot weather it's been harder to keep it up for sure. It's been scorching over here. I do have a humidifier on, but it's outside the tent now by the passive intake vent, I ran out of room once they filled the net so had to take it outside the tent. I also found it harder to keep the underneath of the canopy warmer this time cause of the Aircon keeping the room so cold and cause the light can't get to the bottom of the tent it's causing two different climates sort of. These kosher really stretched up too. Thanks for the solid advice cult and pointing me in the right direction! Much appreciated!

No probs mate.

Awesome, thanks pal, I'll do it tomorrow, that'll be day 46 of flower. I'll take the more damaged leaves and free up some covered buds. Cheers cult! Going to invest in a better humidifier for next time which I can hang from the top of the tent which runs to a separate reservoir outside of the tent.

No it won't clog the pipes as they aren't narrow pipes. The alien easy feed is ok but id go for a pro flood and drain system instead. They are a plain in the arse the easy feed system.
Hi Cult, for my next grow I would like to have a auto watering system as I will be on a new job that will have me leaving for 2 days once every 2 weeks so I wouldnt want to not water for 2 days as I know you said that's a NO NO ! Which one on the market would you suggest I get knowing that I am a newbie in this game ? Thanx

Back
Top Bottom