How To Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil

Hi Canna,

For additional sleep meds, are you still using the caramels? They knock us right out.

I made another batch of Caramels, but they don't seem to be strong enough on this one. I'm hoping to get another batch this weekend, tummy can't handle too much sugar at once and those are loaded with it.
I had made some Canna S'mores too, that effect was totally opposite of the caramels. I even tried just a quarter size of one and it was still a no sleeper. Don't know what I did to THAT batch of cannbutter, but it was kick-arse strong. LOL

Hi Canna,

You just need more CBD blended or dose CBD only as needed for pain. On the norm 2-1 ratio THC/CBD works well throughout the day. The nighttime oil (indica) should be grown full term which puts the oil on full couch-lock and has CBD's also. The first oil I made was a 50/50 blend THC/CBD and when I ran out I had no pain for 2.5 days. A good example of how fast this blend can work; anywhere from a minute to a few. Also the more CBD's you have in your oil the less inflammation which in your case would be excellent.

Your battling more than one issue so here is a suggestion if I may; I would make some oil just from a high CBD strain. I would start my first dose with CBD oil followed by my cancer agent oil dosage. Still keep your dosing regimen the same only add your cbd oil at the start and after lunch. Having a separate CBD oil lets you manage pain as needed except I wouldn't use it past dinner as it is on the racy side. With a full term Indica for sleep (Master Kush is a fav) you should be pain free. Also your stomach issues would heal much faster also. I have to say though for the time you have been on the oil you have improved immensely. This recipe would be perfect for you and a much faster heal. You should have no pain 24-7.

I have a question for the group here. I mostly use the oil to fix and control my intestinal issues and now to get rid of a tumor.
However, for pain....is there a general guideline for how long the oil works as an analgesic?

I take my last regimen of oil right around 7:00 p.m. My problem is, with the dramatic unintentional weight loss this year, I have no "cushion" on my body at all. No fat. LOL This makes sleeping very difficult, as I am constantly tossing and turning to give my bones a better position. The bed is seemingly ROCK hard right now, even with a foam on top. I wake up in the morning with back, ribs and hip pain.

So, I was thinking that maybe I should adjust my regimen and spread it out where I set my alarm for midnight for a dose? This is only until I get my weight back, of course.
How long do the rest of you oil users find that it works for pain, and any other suggestions would be awesome.

:circle-of-love:

Maybe a slice of toast wth a 1/2 tsp of butter before bed to get away from the sugar.

Plain rice with canna butter, salt and pepper works too....sometimes I add canned blackbeans to the rice for some texture.

Excellent info Motoco...I'm still learning so sorry if I'm plugging up the info train.

Thanks Heady, I like those suggestions. I need to get more rice into my diet. ;-) I need to get some muscle mass going, my heart flops at night because I have lost so much muscle around it. Not a great feeling....rather scary to be honest. ;)

Motoco, thanks a bunch! Master Kush is one of my mainstays here with growing, so it's good to know I need to keep that going. I'll print out what you suggested and get going on it.

I will have access to some Cannatonic clones shortly, I will look into that strain. Any thoughts on that one anyone?

Honorable mention if I may. Edibles, digesting oil is not conducive or effective for healing aliments. Although they can make you sleep, etc. so can using a good Indica strain of oil taking it correctly. A full term Indica dosed correctly will put your lights out and much faster than an edible/digesting the oil. I've been dosing correctly for so long I tried digesting the oil and found out I wasn't missing anything except for doing breathing exercises so I could hold my mug.

After doing the oil correctly for a while you will notice when you smoke/eat edibles/digest oil you don't get as stoned. Thats right, you can out eat edibles, out smoke anyone around and walk away in a straight line cleared eyed and bushy tailed.

The wife and I have cut back so much on smoking/digesting simply because we favor the 'wellness' feeling through the day. At the end of the day though a couple of vapes/tokes is our 'mood enhancer' we feel its earned with a full productive day of work.

Canna, got the same issue, no body fat. Now we understand why we have to have some body fat, lolol. Had the same issue about sleep, tossing and turning to get comfortable; enter the 'sleep number' bed! It adjust to exactly how you want your 'comfort' to be, like adding the padding we need. Now if they only made one in a 'bag' so it could go anywhere lol. One of the shopping channels sell it on-line and takes payments, best investment made. They also make a topper with silicone mixed into it and it keeps the body temp very cool.

I made another batch of Caramels, but they don't seem to be strong enough on this one. I'm hoping to get another batch this weekend, tummy can't handle too much sugar at once and those are loaded with it.
I had made some Canna S'mores too, that effect was totally opposite of the caramels. I even tried just a quarter size of one and it was still a no sleeper. Don't know what I did to THAT batch of cannbutter, but it was kick-arse strong. LOL

Hi Heady,

Its all good Brother! Many ways to skin a cat. I have to have something like you suggested as I've had a bad habit of eating sugars before bed unless I can get to sleep before the nighttime oil kicks in with the munchies. One just has to make a few changes that can have a huge impact on ones health. It is all habits we have formed and we have to train our brain to rid us of our bad habits. The concentrated oil helps to do this easily and efficiently.

Maybe a slice of toast wth a 1/2 tsp of butter before bed to get away from the sugar.

Plain rice with canna butter, salt and pepper works too....sometimes I add canned blackbeans to the rice for some texture.

Excellent info Motoco...I'm still learning so sorry if I'm plugging up the info train.

X2 on the sleep number bed.

we spend 1/3 of our life in bed...... buy the best bed you can afford.

another 1/3 is spent on our feet.... buy the most comfortable shoes you can find

ROFL, it never occurred to me that the caramels would lose effect due to the oil usage!

So, they are probably just fine for anyone else.

Thanks so much for that insight.

I'm going to look into that bed again, last time I priced one out there was no way on God's green earth I could afford it. LOL I've always wanted one. Slept on one at a friends house once and it was awesome.

anyone have a good receipt for the rso that works with a vape pen?

Blue Dream is one of the best cannabis oils I've vaped. A 1/8 th grain of rice on a cuticle pusher, then scraped off on the top of the atomizer. Then press the power button to get it warmed up and the oil drains down to the heating coil. Smaller tokes taste better and prevents coughing. Great traveling tool :) Toked correctly will get two peeps head right with about 4 tokes apiece if need be. I have G-Pens, Diamond Vape, Magic Launch Box Mau Deib (spell check) just for concentrates (the latter not as portable or stealthy but a life-time warranty on the heating element is best in the industry and still pretty small. Also an honorable mention is the oil works great making an 'oiler'. A small dab in the middle of a rolling paper, spread the dab out both directions using a cuticle pusher/like (make sure you stop before the end of the paper so you can hold it while you roll). This way you can mix up different ways to smoke the same med that is healing you. Caution; vaping concentrates on blood pressure/sleeping/pain meds if not using the oil 'tacking' can have adverse affects such as passing out. Use caution, wait after a 'toke' for it to come on before doing more.

Must be Brothers from another Mother, lolol

X2 on the sleep number bed.

we spend 1/3 of our life in bed...... buy the best bed you can afford.

another 1/3 is spent on our feet.... buy the most comfortable shoes you can find

Jim and Cajun. Just a short note to say thank you to you both for your service to our country. I appreciate all you 2 have sacrificed for me, my family and our country. I wish I could do something for you both but the only thing I have is a semi corny story that I will loan you. The other morning I took my dog outside between rain storms. It was a wet dreary windy day and I was hoping my dog would hurry so I could get back into the house. Then I saw a monarch butterfly that was on a half eaten apple my husband had thrown out on the ground. The monarch was beautiful so I watched him for half an hour as he floated all around me before he flew off. That monarch just made me feel good and forget about the nasty weather. Think of my monarch next time you feel anxious and know that the beauty and peace you need is there close by some where.

I warned it was a corny story :) Hope you both like butterflies. Peace

I am in an online support group for cancer pt's and their families. I decided to mention it there once. I got pounced on immediately. I was shocked at that one. So I keep everything a secret for now from most. But, I do have a few friends already lining up wanting to try my oil. They all know it will take some time. Growing is not exactly easy or cheap.

That's terrible. :( Real supportive support group huh?

This demonstrates one of my biggest struggles. Despite positive changes on the social and legal landscapes, I am very careful to keep my growing secret, but at the same time I want to promote this amazing medicine to everyone everywhere. Luckily, in WA the subject comes up a lot on it's own, so I have opportunity to help educate others. I am still a little reserved to avoid any attention directed my way. :winkyface:

If I was in your shoes, part of me would want to try and educate the ignorance out of these people, but I also wouldn't want to make an enemy that might think/know I grow.

Sorry, it just makes me mad when I run up against close minded people.

Now for my hubby update. He has not given up smoking the product and has no desire to do without during the day. This is one of those battles that is now time for me to tackle. Now that I know that wellness feeling firsthand and he can see that wellness feeling in me. I will be able to use that to combat his smoking during the day. I will not ask him to go cold turkey. Still baby steps with him. I will keep you posted.

Perhaps edibles will help to wean him off smoking? I know I rarely even think about smoking after eating some. I am trying to cut back my smoking as well for lung health reasons. I have a vaporizer and also don't feel it works as well as the trusty bong :blalol:

I'm going to make some butter from my leaves. Might not be super strong, but it'll have some cannabinoids. I'm diabetic so I'll have to mind the sugar in my edibles.

WJ

Don't forget the lecithin :thumb:

Did you forget the lecithin?
I've done it. The same recipe, with the same batch of budder, were night and day difference in regards to potency.

Thanks fightsmallcell. I do like your corny story. My strokes have made me an emotional knucklehead. When most laugh, I cry. (Wipe tear away)

One thing about rice, try to stay with brown rice or wild rice. White rices raise my blood sugar tremendously.

WJ

Jim and Cajun. Just a short note to say thank you to you both for your service to our country. I appreciate all you 2 have sacrificed for me, my family and our country. I wish I could do something for you both but the only thing I have is a semi corny story that I will loan you. The other morning I took my dog outside between rain storms. It was a wet dreary windy day and I was hoping my dog would hurry so I could get back into the house. Then I saw a monarch butterfly that was on a half eaten apple my husband had thrown out on the ground. The monarch was beautiful so I watched him for half an hour as he floated all around me before he flew off. That monarch just made me feel good and forget about the nasty weather. Think of my monarch next time you feel anxious and know that the beauty and peace you need is there close by some where.

I warned it was a corny story :) Hope you both like butterflies. Peace

we always decarb and add the lecithin to the butter when making the butter.

i thought that would take care of everything we used the butter in/with.

No, I added the Lecithin for sure. Update on that weak caramel thing....I ate 3 of them last night. Slept like a baby. :) ( I had cut the pieces smaller on this batch too.)

Back
Top Bottom