Hydro vs Organic

Got to be hydro for me the potency is exactly the same if not better and you get twice as much green for your time and space, i started on soil for about 4 grows and then switched i will never switch back love the end result!

'Hempy buckets' are the way forward if you like soil growing.

there are pros and cons of every grow technique. personally i like soil as it is much less complicated and cheaper as you dont use any where near the amount of chemicals which as we all know can be expensive. no one can deny the faster growth rate of hydro wen done compitently but the way i see it plants grow in soil in the wild so i'll mimic that as it must be dong something right!

Got to be hydro for me the potency is exactly the same if not better and you get twice as much green for your time and space, i started on soil for about 4 grows and then switched i will never switch back love the end result!

'Hempy buckets' are the way forward if you like soil growing.

i have to strongly disagree with u on this one mate. to say u get twice as much green for ur time and space isnt strictly true. there are many factors which affect the potency and yield not to mention the strain you grow. hydro is slightly faster but thats about it. an accomplished grower will get fantastic crops from soil just as they will from hydro.

i have to strongly disagree with u on this one mate. to say u get twice as much green for ur time and space isnt strictly true. there are many factors which affect the potency and yield not to mention the strain you grow. hydro is slightly faster but thats about it. an accomplished grower will get fantastic crops from soil just as they will from hydro.

ITA w/you on this.

Also, I think it's got a lot to do with the grower and their preference. I've done both & I've reaped fantastic rewards from both.

Putting strains and other preferences aside e.g temps lights...
A grower can get excellent yields from growing in soil i don't doubt that i was soil mad and had some massive buds.

One thing you said is that it is easier to grow in soil i disagree with that taking in to account that its harder to get the medium ph perfect for cannabis unlike hydro what is water so much easier.

For me saying about time and space i still think that hydro yields more if you have a 2 gallon bucket with soil in it and a 2 gallon bucket with water init the space that the roots will have to grow will be incomparable so being able to have smaller pots is a great space saver now you don't want your plant fighting for root space instead of using it's energy to grow!

Everyone has there own opinion and preference to medium, nuts, strain and lights you just got to find what works best for you,

Like i said for me i can use less space less time less money on medium and get better and more green at the end :D

yeah nowadays I hear its mostly preference due to technology.

personally tho I LOVE the fruity taste of quality grown organic...

Not sure if this is an appropriate place for this post, but I don't know where else to put it.

I've found a grow box you can buy online at
The Producer
and I'm wondering if it would be used for organic or hydro growing...

I'm a newb when it comes to growing and I figured the easiest way to get a good solid box would be to buy one. I want to soil grow and need some third party insight as to whether this box could be used for a soil grow?

Can anyone help me out? Thanks for reading!

That box is designed for growing in hydro.

The problem is if you put soil pots in that box then the pot would take up most of the height that precious buds could be taking i would suggest buying a tent got growning in soil or a taller box.

Altho that is excellent for growing in hydro!

That box is designed for growing in hydro.

The problem is if you put soil pots in that box then the pot would take up most of the height that precious buds could be taking i would suggest buying a tent got growning in soil or a taller box.

Altho that is excellent for growing in hydro!

Thanks for your help!

hi i have 9 plants they are 4 days old .they are in the soil .i still have to giev them nutrients
or no pls help ??????????????????????

Hey guys, I am going to be growing here in a bit, Im going to go with a hydro setup..nft...thats what Im thinking anyways..I have a couple of questions on the top of my head I could use help with and also am sure Ill run into a couple issues along the way. This will be my first time and it wont begin for a few months but I wanna make sure I have all the info I need first. I think the most important question I have is..if Im using an nft setup..how do I get nutrients to the plants during the stage before the roots are long enough to reach the water??

As far as the cost to get set up w/a quality hydroponics system, I just started my very first grow with a stealth-hydro ------------ system for right at $255 that included everything I need to go from seed-to-smoke.

And my plants are starting to show their cotelydons.:yummy:

I have to respectfully disagree that hydroponics will yield higher than organics. There is a difference between growth rate and the yield. Because something grows faster does not mean it yields more in the same space. If you factor in time for veg growth, hydroponics will have the edge in yield. If you have a separate veg area, that timing issue is irrelevant.

Having greater aromatics is a matter of opinion and relative to growing skill and methods. When done correctly, organics (organic nutrients, soilless mixes) produce buds that smell just as strong as those grown hydroponically. I will concede that hydro-grown plants do have a slightly faster growth rate, but to solidly state that they yield more overall, I believe is misleading.

The reason that I switched to organics was because I didn't see enough difference in either growth or anything else to warrant the need for so much monitoring and expensive meters and nutrients. I think that the only provable plus to hydroponics is growth rate.Whereas the cons are chemical aftertaste in the flavour of buds, extreme susceptibility to over/under fertilization, very high initial investment, many things to break and clog, etc.

If grown in a nice airy organic soil mix and watered with good organic amendments, growth enhancers and beneficial fungi (mycorrhizae), you will easily compete with that of a hydroponic system. Your end result will be full flavored, non-chemical tasting buds. They can be arguably, slightly more potent due to the fact that, as of now, science cannot compete with Mother Nature and naturally occurring elements.

Bottom line - unless you are obsessed with fittings, toys and technology (and many are) organics can grow nearly as fast, just as big (if not bigger), better tasting and IMHO more potent buds. And they do this with very little initial investment, and are very forgiving of newbie mistakes.

Author: glass joe

hydro just means there is no growing medium to act as a buffer for nutrients...ayone caN use chemical or organic or veganic nutes regardless of way he grows be it hydro soil or aero....organic ,means itss all naturaal veganic means no animal byproducts and cemical that u use a per established non organic compound like miracle grow.

Hey puzzu, I just syarted my nutrients this afternoon, and I can already tell a small difference not only in the color of my babies leaves, and they seem to be just a bit bigger as well. And it is my understanding that you want to ADD your nutes after you see TRUE LEAVES. I hope that answered your question.:goodluck:

what would be easiest with the least promblems hydroponics or soil i want to start out with somthing eazy to do with the least amout of failing as possible

what would be easiest with the least promblems hydroponics or soil i want to start out with somthing eazy to do with the least amout of failing as possible

you scare for problems my friend ? all your life is full of problems :p so get something with your budget and learn it ,always failing the first times then you stand up and keep going man .

ONE LOVE

:peace:

The Main post here is a little bit misguided....your comparing apples to oranges....

Hydroponics can be done with salt based fertz as well as organic ones...

Soil grow's can be done with salt based fertz as well as organics....

So what you should be comparing is 2 things....

Organic vs. Salt based ferts (the nutrients your feeding)

Hydroponics/Aeroponics/soil/coco coir/soilless (the process your growing with)..

You can use organic's with any of these types of growing styles/mediums....organic's does not always mean soil....I think your a little bit confused...

Back
Top Bottom