Hyena's Never-Ending Adventures In Growing

wow , it is so fantastic!, Great job , Hyena. You are my hero.
Do it means that the grow journey will be end soon?
Sean

Hi Sean,

Yes, another week or 10 days at most. I am watching the trichomes and when about 10% of them turn amber-colored they will be ready!

THANK YOU once again for the use of your very excellent light. I sincerely appreciate it!

Peace, Hyena

We all hate the idea of killing a beautiful plant. They do pack on the highest amount of weight them last week or so. Just don't do to much. It does have a peak harvest time. If she's packing on new flowers, and she isn't starting to brown out in the trichome department let her go. I haven't followed you thread much so I don't know what all the parameters the breeder recommends. You can always figure 1 to 2 weeks longer for really max shit,,, that SOS shit, Stuck On Stupid shit. But it is hell when ya got a fantastic grow going, and looks like you have, and that time comes... Time to blow taps and get on with the next.. Check the mid part of a medium size bud, tear it open and if the center all cloudy,,, you'd be close in my eyes...Whatever ya do there,, I see you got a hella harvest about to bless you stash closet. Closet, because your going to look like my great Aunt filling up the pantry with jellies and such... Enjoy and Keepem Green

Hi Sean,

Yes, another week or 10 days at most. I am watching the trichomes and when about 10% of them turn amber-colored they will be ready!

THANK YOU once again for the use of your very excellent light. I sincerely appreciate it!

Peace, Hyena

It is excellent grow journey. Good job . Hyena.
Do you have the interesting for the new lights soon ?
Sean

Hey Hyena,
Do you have more pictures of GS1000 with the marijuana at the end stage?
Thanks
Sean

Sean, here's a shot taken today...

20170810_084317.jpg

Not quite as artistic because the buds are SO HEAVY, their branches cannot support the weight. Everything is laying over, and these colas will be harvested very soon.

The TWILIGHT GS1000 GROWSTAR LED finished these buds over the last 8 weeks using only 200W (BLOOM setting only). The section under the GROWSTAR has the juiciest and fattest buds of all, honestly better than the buds under the 600W HID (High Pressure Sodium). While I am not saying you can always get the same results (because there are many other factors in growing), I AM saying the quality is excellent, there is no doubt the return per Watt is much better, and the heat is noticeably lower.

Great work, Growstar! And THANK YOU again Sean for the use of your product.

I encourage anyone considering an upgrade to try this light. It is quite reasonably priced compared to others and I personally vouch for the quality, I have put it to quite a test and you can see the obvious bountiful results!

Peace, Hyena

Happy Thursday growing fans! Hope your week is going great and you are smoking only the very finest!

I sure am!

20170810_084253.jpg

The shit is hittin' the fans in here. My hopes of continued frostation are materializing. I nearly chopped this whole thing three weeks ago but I guess I have developed the slowest-flowering pot plants in history or something. They just keep growing...

20170808_104241.jpg

Flowering continues at a felonious rate

20170810_085655.jpg

Still getting new, beautiful, frosty growth everywhere! And only the beginning of cloudy trichs...still no amber!

20170810_084658.jpg

I can't go on like this!

Yeah, I think this party has to come down within a week. Remember the big bud I trimmed up a week ago?

20170810_090147.jpg

I am sampling it and it's got me quite high. Everything up in the room is a week better so I already know I'm going to be very happy with this smoke. It tastes a lot better than the stuff I had sampled before too...a really fine head stone (which is making writing this so much more interesting). I want to let it keep going until the 10% amber point but I'm so antsy to hack it another 4-5 days and I will probably psychologically break and go for the kill.

I still fear the heat that will still come over the next 4 weeks, which is why I haven't started the next seeds yet...it's just so much work to juggle the nursery and the main room when temps are only semi-controllable in the middle of summer and it's frankly nice not to be screwing with babies but rather golfing a lot. I like summer.

Fat colas are obstructing others everywhere as they all lay over, their weight so much the branches can't stand up. I hacked one that I couldn't reposition...

20170810_084834.jpg

Here she is all trimmed up

20170810_085249.jpg

There's probably fifty like it waiting to be chopped! Oh man it's about to be a hot sticky mess in here.

Harvest time. It's near. :thumb:

Peace, Hyena

I think the slow finishing may be due to the higher temps based on how my own flowers react to warmer temps. This may make them even better and or bigger too. You're growing monster flowers, I am thinking of getting a smaller watt of the same brand LED for my cab, they look like they work great and are a good price.

Stay frosty, only a few more weeks until it starts getting cooler.

I think the slow finishing may be due to the higher temps based on how my own flowers react to warmer temps. This may make them even better and or bigger too. You're growing monster flowers, I am thinking of getting a smaller watt of the same brand LED for my cab, they look like they work great and are a good price.

Stay frosty, only a few more weeks until it starts getting cooler.

I agree...but I'm not complaining. The buds are massive and another week or even two is no problem.

I actually swapped the 600W HPS for the 400W a couple weeks ago, just to lower the heat a bit more, and I haven't noticed any negatives. Mid-to upper 80s is where it is mostly and I think it will be fine if I can keep it together for another few weeks..

Peace, Hyena

Thank you , Hyena, Thank you, everybody. So far, the growstar 1000w led grow light were Sold well on the amazon shop. They are out of stock, the goods will be ready after 2-3 days. Once you have the requirements, please let me know you are from 420 magazine. We can provide 10% discount for you if you like post the pictures on the 420 magazine.

Have a nice day.
Sean

Thank you , Hyena, Thank you, everybody. So far, the growstar 1000w led grow light were Sold well on the amazon shop. They are out of stock, the goods will be ready after 2-3 days. Once you have the requirements, please let me know you are from 420 magazine. We can provide 10% discount for you if you like post the pictures on the 420 magazine.

Have a nice day.
Sean

THAT is great news Sean!

I am glad I could be a little bit of help. Your product is great.

Peace, Hyena

Happy Saturday! Here's one of the last Project 25 updates because today I started chopping it down!

Yes, I love Sativa...temperamental, moody Sativa, she's the girl I love but she's hard to get...I have chased this set of buds now forfreaking forever it seems...they have simply never frosted like previous grows. I mean the serious frost like you rolled every bud in sugar...not this time.

It's hard to control the temperatures past a certain point in my secret attic laboratory...just a fact. Sustained temps of mid-to-high 80s for significant stretches are a fact of life during this time of year. I am absolutely sure that is why the buds have not produced the hoped-for frostation. So I have waited, and waited, trying to let the mass ripen and hopefully get a decent finished product.

Half the huge branches are laying on one another, unable to support the weight of these huge but still somewhat airy colas. I don't think a lot of them are getting adequate light they are just in such a pile, and I'm not going to start tying them up individually, I can't even reach half of them anyway. No, I have simply decided there won't be a "perfect" moment with this grow, like there usually is.

My main concern is to produce the best Sativa high I can get, that's why I do this. I got up very early this morning and went in there and just sat, staring at the mass, thinking. Still didn't look finished. Still mostly white hairs, still new growth, still not as frosty as I would like. I reached in the drying area and grabbed a test bud I chopped a week ago. I rolled up a pin joint and lit it up. The taste was actually quite good, none of the harshness I had experienced with the previous sample clips. The smoke was smooth and mellow, no burn, creamy for no cure at all and I was very pleased (relieved is probably the better word). Ten minutes or so went by and I suddenly realized I was completely high. I mean so high I was one with the universe kind of high...that's when it all became clear to me and in one swift motion I whirled around and grabbed the mega shears.

The time has come.

20170819_055200.jpg

It looks like this in there, or at least it did a few hours ago.

I started chopping huge colas and trimming them as fast as I could. Time is always precious in my secret world and I have to say I have really been looking forward to this moment. The scissors flew for two hours until I couldn't take the chance that my wife would get up and I shut the hatch. In that time I got at least 25 gigantic colas manicured to perfection...because of the reduced frost these buds don't have the knockout smell of previous grows but the THC is obviously there, I was totally stoned for at least the first hour or more and I have no doubt the quality Sativa high I seek has been achieved.

I washed my hands like ten times and they still smell like weed. My wifey is just getting up. Our 27th anniversary today. I'm a very lucky man and I have a fantastic mate. If only I could brag to her this morning as we share coffee that I'm also a mad scientist with a secret weed lab literally right above her head...

Nah. It's all good. Have a great day!

Peace, Hyena

Man, I couldn't hide that much shit... Hell, hows my bud going to get trimmed... That's her job... GL my friend in your secret world..... Hey sometimes women just let us tink we are pulling the wool over thier eyes. One of my X's was a RN.. I was strung out on herion.. She didn't know? I know this is nothing even close,,, yet it is. I had a ritual I had to do 3-4 times a day... And I thought I got away with it for 2 years??????? Right.. I know I don't know your whole sititation,, but is times the 'Old Lady' knows more than she cares to say..

But them buds are getting huge. sativas are known for skinny stems and crazy plants.. GL and Keepem Green

Looks great in there as always!! Man it looks like a huge harvest!! Hopefully u get time to finish what you started this morning!! But jus not today! Enjoy ur mate and Happy Anniversary there will always be time for your secret girls in the attic!! But only one 27th Anniversary!! Have a Dank Day!! Great work!!

Have a great 27th anniversary. Buds look insane. Been readying your journals from day one and I've 100% decided to great a grow lab in the loft not going to be as big as yours but it's just till I see how it works out in the loft

Back
Top Bottom