Black & Blue Hyenas In Coco: A Journal By 425Jesse

[QUOTE
420-magazine-mobile1823518.jpg

Cheers![/QUOTE]

This is the one I was talking about. Yummy...lol.

So I chopped the whole lot today, it's been about 14 weeks of flower, and about 20 weeks of total grow time.

These things are literally falling over, and that makes me very happy. The smell of each is different and robust. The 3 remaining plants took up 7 of the 8 racks on my drying screens. Wet weight has a couple colas over 60 grams each, but we all know that will change:(.

I will post harvest pics and dry weights between drying and curing, and a smoke report once they are cured. I have sampled a bit, and it is really good stuff!!

Cheers!

Hey Jesse:

Well...I am so very proud of you.

Like many, you accepted the gift of the Hyenas.

Like few, you brought out all the magic that they can give. Congrats my friend.

Growing good cannabis isn't easy. A lot of people find that out when they try.

Mainly-sativa strains like the Hyenas take even more time...they flower for what seems like forever. But the end result is worth it. The buzz of both these varieties is a great 100% psychedelic head stone and very different from typical herb.

Looking forward to the smoke report. Well done!

Peace, Hyena

So here we go with our reports...I'm no Hyena Merica, lol, but the harvest was pretty bountiful!! The buds, even dry, are the longest I've grown, I love it. The smell is distinctly different between the varieties. I gave the plants a few days of dry on the racks, and weighed again. About 300 dry grams this run. I'm so happy with the smoke already, and I should be waiting longer, but I'm a little sick of the SSH, and couldn't help myself. Here are a couple photos I took when jarring and starting to cure.
420-magazine-mobile1992874396.jpg
420-magazine-mobile222179599.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1869701869.jpg

As the days go by the smoke gets better and better, and again I have to thank Hyena for the gift of the strain to test grow, it was an absolute privilege and a lot of fun. I had never seen that crazy kind of stretch before, it was totally different than the other sativas that I've grown, and I learned a lot about how well they take being broken bent and trained.

Stats
Tent - 4x4
Lights - started with 400w LED, switched to 600w MH/HPS not too long after.

Medium - coco
Nutes - Canna Coco
Pots - 3 gallon Plastic

Timing
Total - 20 weeks
Veg - 6 weeks
Bloom - 14 weeks

Gross
Black Hyena Pheno 1 (short) - 55 grams
Black Hyena Pheno 2 (tall) - 93 grams
Blue Hyena Pheno 1 (short) - 68 grams
Blue Hyena Pheno 2 (tall) - 75 grams
A couple handfuls of strong crystal covered trim for cooking too.

Thank you to everyone who read and advised on this journey. One final check in to come in a week or so to give the smoke report.

Cheers!

Hey Jesse:

WAY TO GO BRO!!!

I knew you would have some monsters in there and those look absolutely awesome!!

Thanks again for taking the time to grow the strain and also for good reporting and photos.

I don't know where the seed thing is going at the moment, I have decided to take a grow off from the sativa quest and grow out some familiar strains for Christmas. Then we'll see.

But in the meantime you proved the strain's worth! Especially if it's super stony. Keep reporting on the taste and quality and keep em green brother!!

Peace, Hyena

Hey Guys and Gals, Please take a second to check out my new grow, "New Room, New Medium, New Strains, 425 at it again," its sure to be a gripping tale of construction of a new room while starting a 6 strain grow. Its also the lowest entry in my signature. Thank you and happy weekend!

Cheers!

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom