Icetech's First Grow Durban Poison & Jack Herer In Soil, QB LED, 2019

Icetech

Starting my first grow, seeds germinated yesterday and moved into soil...

4x2 tent
250w QB LED (kingbrite, amaznig deal)
Happy frog soil
1 Durban Poison
1 Jack Herer
Both Sativa, not sure on %, i personally HATE indica.. i spend too much time sleeping as it is, i don't need to be put in a coma when i smoke :)

No idea on nutes or anything yet..
My tap water comes out at 6.8ph going to try using it.. Not that worried bout monster yields, i am just growing for me, and i don't smoke that much.
This was last night. i probably should have waited another day to move it.. but got excited :) Moved them to solo cups and tipped one over 2 minutes later of course, luckily the seed was still in the cup and not really hurt.. just recovered it. could be worse.

Will post more when i have more to post..

2019-01-16 18.38.29.jpg

1 Durban Poison
1 Jack Herer
Both Sativa, not sure on %, i personally HATE indica.

If the Jack Herer is the real (Sensi Seeds) version, the breeder lists both the regular and feminized versions of the strain as being 50% sativa / 50% indica. And the same for their "economy line / sister company" White Label Seeds version (which is an F₂ of the original and they do not appear to have seen fit to tell us which original JH phenotype(s) was/were selected for the parents of these F₂ seeds, or even if they use the same parentals to produce the seeds or regularly randomly(?) select new parents when doing a seed run). But the original is known to have several phenotypes (more sativas than indicas, but life is a crapshoot - and so is growing a strain that produces multiple phenotypes, lol), so you could end up with some plants that are more sativa-leaning, and a few that are more indica-leaning.

I'd generally expect them to be... "Slightly sativa-leaning middle-of-the-road," on average.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances ;) . . . .

If the Jack Herer is the real (Sensi Seeds) version, the breeder lists both the regular and feminized versions of the strain as being 50% sativa / 50% indica. And the same for their "economy line / sister company" White Label Seeds version (which is an F₂ of the original and they do not appear to have seen fit to tell us which original JH phenotype(s) was/were selected for the parents of these F₂ seeds, or even if they use the same parentals to produce the seeds or regularly randomly(?) select new parents when doing a seed run). But the original is known to have several phenotypes (more sativas than indicas, but life is a crapshoot - and so is growing a strain that produces multiple phenotypes, lol), so you could end up with some plants that are more sativa-leaning, and a few that are more indica-leaning.

I'd generally expect them to be... "Slightly sativa-leaning middle-of-the-road," on average.

Ya pays yer money, ya takes yer chances ;) . . . .

Just went and checked the page i bought the seeds from "It is 70% Sativa, 30% Indica. " But who knows. it seems every page you look at has different ratios for every strain. I hope it's not too indica, i will just end up giving it all away.

There's an editing window, but it's not infinite. 420 minutes, maybe?

Ok.. so put the little sprouts into soil 4 days ago.. the DP was like 2" long 2 days in, didn't expect that.. moved them into the tent today, on the tub to raise them up a bit for now..
2019-01-20 17.23.28.jpg

One thing i want to mention that no one that will need it will ever see here. is something that should be in every tent guide/video but have never seen it.. Starting to hang my filter/fan today and the weight was pulling the bars in and such.. so a quick fix was some self tapping screws and done.. i put a piece of tape over the heads so it doesn't rub the tent...
2019-01-20 16.55.44.jpg

And just a quick shot of their new home all setup..
2019-01-20 17.16.19.jpg

BTW.. my QB light is dimable.. should i go full power on the babies or lower it til they get some growth in?

Quick question if anyone reads this... 24 hour light or 18/6? or?? right now they are seedlings.. curious bout during veg, have seen it both ways..
ALSO.. Is there a disadvantage to auto flowers over normal? Someone told me that even small ammounts of stress and autos don't do well.. not sure if that's true..

Are these autos or photos? If they are photos I'd do 18/6, autos 20/4. If they are autos, yes the least amount of stress can hurt yield big time since the life cycle is so short. I bought a cheap lux meter on Amazon so I can dial in how far my light should be or if I should dim it. Without a meter I'd try about 24 inches away and full power.

Are these autos or photos? If they are photos I'd do 18/6, autos 20/4. If they are autos, yes the least amount of stress can hurt yield big time since the life cycle is so short. I bought a cheap lux meter on Amazon so I can dial in how far my light should be or if I should dim it. Without a meter I'd try about 24 inches away and full power.

photos.. and yeah i should get a lux meter just to see where i am.. my humidity was only at like 25% so i just stuck a humidifier in the tent.. getting it all sorted. They haven't seemed to grow at all in 2 days now though.. starting to stress :)

Don't fret too much if they are photos. You are in control of when you decide to flower them. You can just veg it as long as you want until you decide to flip them to flower.

I'd do 18/6 for veg with photos. Also look for posts by emilia on how to properly water which will cover pot sizes and changes and growing optimal roots in soil. That will be huge in ensuring things go properly.

I'd do 18/6 for veg with photos. Also look for posts by emilia on how to properly water which will cover pot sizes and changes and growing optimal roots in soil. That will be huge in ensuring things go properly.

Will go find that info, thanks :) And yeah i think i'm gonna switch to 18/6, they have been on 24 hours for like 5 days, but look like almost no growth, getting worried. At least they look healthy

Re: pot size. General rule of thumb, 1 gallon per intended months of growth, minimum. So a 3 gallon pot is the minimum pot size you should use for a 3 month grow. Of course you can go bigger, but after a while there is a point of diminishing returns. There's no point in using a 20 gallon pot for a 3 month grow.

Back
Top Bottom