20191002_200100.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 20191001_211557.jpg
    20191001_211557.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 143
  • 20191002_200447.jpg
    20191002_200447.jpg
    471 KB · Views: 121
I heard some nonsense just this morning that someone is putting out there... whomever this expert is, they are educating people that the flowering period starts from the time you see your very first pistil. This is nonsense. This is simply the point that the plant first hits maturity. Bloom starts when instead of green growth tips with more leaves and more nodes, the ends of the branches start producing actual flowers. The advent of that first actual flower, is your first day of bloom... preflowers do not count.

I always consider the flowering period starting when you flip the light to 12/12. But then again I harvest based on trichomes and swollen calyxes. I believe if you are harvesting based on the 8 to 10 weeks the seed store states you are right on the money. Here is a picture of my plants 60 days from flipping to 12/12. I also don't put them in flower until they start showing sex.KIMG2862.JPG
KIMG2863.JPG
KIMG2864.JPG

Flowering doesnt start at the flip, that is just when you send the signal to the plant to begin the transition... and that transition takes 7-10 days. Bloom starts when the very first flower pops out of a growth tip instead of a new node, after the transition period is over.
I don't disagree with your terminology. I'm just curious what the breeders are basing there flowering days on. I have e-mailed a couple and asked. I will share their information if I get a response.

Royal queen seeds and I love growing marijuana both breeders consider the start of flowering transition when you change the light to 12/12. Although this doesn't necessarily mean that's what they base their flowering days on. I have e-mailed Dutch seeds and Dr seeds and will hopefully get a response from one of them as to what their basing the flowering days on. This shouldn't be a debate among the 420 growers with all the seed sponsors. I will post this on frequently asked questions and see if I can get some sponsors to chime in. Doesn't hurt to try.

Royal queen seeds and I love growing marijuana both breeders consider the start of flowering transition when you change the light to 12/12. Although this doesn't necessarily mean that's what they base their flowering days on. I have e-mailed Dutch seeds and Dr seeds and will hopefully get a response from one of them as to what their basing the flowering days on. This shouldn't be a debate among the 420 growers with all the seed sponsors. I will post this on frequently asked questions and see if I can get some sponsors to chime in. Doesn't hurt to try.

Thanks Killian. I’m sure it won’t end what shouldn’t be a debate. I use the date that I flip, but I also expect to see signs of flowers at around day 7. If I don’t, then I start trying to figure out what is wrong. I think they are most likely using the appearance of flowers as the measurement for length of flowering. It would be consistent with measuring an auto.

I’d love to hear what they say.

Yeah to be honest i have 2 that i thought stsrted flower at the same time but id say by the response im out by a few weeks on one of them.heres the other one in seven wks flower so much diffrent...

Attachments

• 20191002_200440.jpg
    20191002_200440.jpg
    496.6 KB · Views: 90
  • 20191001_212035.jpg
    20191001_212035.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 87
Yeah to be honest i have 2 that i thought stsrted flower at the same time but id say by the response im out by a few weeks on one of them.heres the other one in seven wks flower so much diffrent...
I just received an answer from a sponsor seedsman. The consensus is the flowering days estimate is based on the start of the transition when you flip the switch to 12/12 not at the first signs of flowering. I hope this helps.

This is why we say don't go by the calendar and to check the trichomes in the end to see if they are done. Personally, I have found that if I don't include the transition time I get results that more closely align with the suggested flowering times, and when I figured bloom time based on the flip date, I was always waiting an extra week for them to get done, beyond the projected date. To each his own... there really are no rules here.

I just received an answer from a sponsor seedsman. The consensus is the flowering days estimate is based on the start of the transition when you flip the switch to 12/12 not at the first signs of flowering. I hope this helps.
Hi. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully other breeders will respond. I don’t understand how that squares with measuring the flowering period for an auto. It would have to be different.

To the OP, I'm not sure if your running an auto strain or a photoperiod strain. Or if your medium is to compacted, low light levels, or heck it could be just that strain. When I grew out herijuana, those girls, were very spindly, but stupidly potent buds man!! I mean knock bitches out kind of potent....but very sparse with her bud to stalk ratio.

When I bottle fed my plants (first 17 years I grew indoors) the transition time was to simply tell me when to change nutrient values.
The day I flipped the timer to 12/12 was the same day I reduced the portion of grow juice,or Nitrogen, and increased the portion of bloom juice, and of course stopped all use of superthrive and those types of veg time plant juices.

For 3 weeks I used the transition values, then after that, dropped grow or Nitrogen value all together, using just Bloom, and a tiny portion of Kool Bloom, with molasses.

Now that I use almost all DrEarth natural products, I do give a crap about the transition time anymore, when they scope out for my taste, chopchop!!

I recently got my first packet of an autoflower strain as a freebie. I've always held the autos' as fine for folks with very short daylight hours. That is not an issue with indoor gardening, and that is all I do, so never had the slightest interest in working them. I'm anxious to run these, and will make a set up for them.

The only difference I see, an auto-strain counts days above ground, light cycles, do not mean much.
The photoperiod strains, the timer is god, and nitrogen is stopped at the flip.
One breeder I read stated he also goes by when pre flowers emerge as the start flower date.
Anyway that is my take on it, and how I run my perpetual.
Good luck to the OP.

This is why we say don't go by the calendar and to check the trichomes in the end to see if they are done. Personally, I have found that if I don't include the transition time I get results that more closely align with the suggested flowering times, and when I figured bloom time based on the flip date, I was always waiting an extra week for them to get done, beyond the projected date. To each his own... there really are no rules here.

Yep just a number and they not done until they are done. Same as I have had different pheno's of the same Strain finish different times, especially with all the hybrids out there and also some fairly unstable Strains out there too (lots of different pheno's of the "Strain" ). Other variables like temps and light schedule and probably 400 other variables ;) will slightly affect the number of days it takes to finish and be "ready", along with my definition of "perfect" is going to be days different than another persons definition of "perfect".

Hi. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully other breeders will respond. I don’t understand how that squares with measuring the flowering period for an auto. It would have to be different.
[/QUOTE
Go to the sponsor forum page and ask seedsman. They were very quick to help.

Back
Top Bottom