In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

I did!

Also I have great news! Attitude seeds along with the Humbolt Seeds Organization, Pyramid Seeds and Kannabia Seeds are replacing my entire order! I am so excited and thankful!

Yea!! No kidding!! Attitude took it upon themselves to contact all the breeders and get all my products together and ship them as one. What an outstanding team!

Got a new heater now to get the cabinet dialed in and sealed. Looking forward to starting a new journal. Consider this one a fail. Chalk it up to mistakes. But of course mistakes that have only made me stronger and wiser!!

Also forgot to mention I've ordered worms and I'm constructing my bin as we speak. Picked up a couple totes. I'm going to be a busy bee for the next little while getting everything in order for my next grow!!

Wow this is all very god news broski, you must have put some good Karma into the Universe, and the worm bin is the shit man. You will never regret it, if you don't have a blender and a paper shredder look for some used ones, the Blender just smashes up the scraps so the worms can eat it 50% faster and the paper shredder is two fold, you can shred flyer and paper for carbon addition to the castings, and also you put it ontop of the slop you pour in from the blender to keep the fruit flies at bay.

Got a picture of that mini fridge set up, Mr. Pidge?

I have one those fridges collectiong dust and was thinking about making it a clone box.

I'm making a worm bin this spring, for sure.

F
Got a picture of that mini fridge set up, Mr. Pidge?

I have one those fridges collectiong dust and was thinking about making it a clone box.

Peter I do have pictures!! I took some along the way as I went. It was so simple to do. The only issue I'm having is temperature control. Such a small area with 5 CFLs. Gets a bit warm. But I think I have a solution. It's just a prototype right now. I couldn't find any other ideas like it online.

I'll post pics of my projects tonight :)

I have a store bought one right now has a few trays, but like yourself I am building an insulated outdoor one with some heat trace for the winter, it will be a flow through design, I don't expect to use the bin in the winter I just want to keep them alive. The population in my indoor bin has almost doubled so I need to create more space. Right now I am knee deep in worm castings not literally, but I have a 30 gallon bin full right now.

Great idea! It comes in handy in the spring, if you have a little extra casting just spread it on the lawn. Grass will love that shit! I have a thing about my grass. I'm the only one on my block that doesn't pay some company to come spray shit all over it and my grass is just as nice as anyone else's. I just invest time. But like gardening it's theraputic which pays for its self :)

I disconnected the power to the motor cause it never worked.
image18381.jpg

Unscrewed the thermostat and found the power supply very basic 3 wires. Ground, negative and positive
image18382.jpg

image18383.jpg

Wired up a light to see if the power was connected properly and it worked!
image18384.jpg

Once I had it working I worked in a power bar.
image18385.jpg

It's still a work in progress. Need to install 2 computer fans. Already have the holes drilled just need to fit the fan. Also I think I'm going to connect the power supply to the outside of the fridge for easy access

Same here my lawn is cut with reel mowers so the blades fall where they grew and the same thing it is just fine as it is, I cut it before the Dandelions go to seed as much as possible and a keep the length about 3 to four inches, it holds the moisture better when it is longer.

I am frugal with the castings like I am with money it is like black gold. It all will be used to amend my garden sol this summer, along with all the biochar I have been making from burning wood, and mulch from the tree line when I trimmed a few trees. There is some serious biodiversity in my garden

Well I'll be damned, I never thought about using the existing power supply!! I was more concerned with some airflow and took that for granted, or assumed a method, but you've got a better way, bravo!!

Nice start, my friend

Thanks P!

It's just a swing in the dark. I've got nothing but time on my hands so I'm able to tinker here and there. I have so many projects on the go I don't know where to start. At the moment I'm creating a worm bin, a carbon filter and an area in the house to house it all.

I stumbled on the power supply just trying to disconnect the thermostat. I'm going to have to try and get some kind of air conditioner in it or figure a way to great a cool tube for the lights. It's amazing how much heat can be created from even the most basic CFL in such a small space!

Here's the carbon filter. Basic how-to. Found the idea on youtube and mimicked it almost exactly
image18303.jpg

Started with just a couple protein containers, then drill holes all over both containers sides
image18304.jpg

Installed a 3.5" computer fan into the one container.
image18306.jpg

Cut the bottom off the black container and lined them with panty hoes (sorry dear)
image18535.jpg

Glued the inside container to the outside one
image18308.jpg
image18307.jpg

Filled the area in between with carbon (3$ a container needed 3)
image18537.jpg

Tied off the end now I just need to wrap in with a carbon infused filter. There 20$ so I'm taking my time.
image18538.jpg

Oh yea don't forget to put the bottom back on. I just taped it on with hockey tape.
image18536.jpg

Back
Top Bottom