In the Koupe with Pigeons420 - 4 Strains - 2 Auto - 2 Fem - 2015

Not doubting your skills just saying that it's a common noob mistake

That's not how I meant to come off.

Yeah it's a huge issue with hps for sure. Imo that's the leg up led does have. Especially in confined tents and micro grows for sure.
I'm actually considering grabbing some led for wall supplemental lightning on the cheap here soon.

But pigeons love what you got going on. My first good indoor op was in a basement. Good memories man.

Looking good pigeon. Love the shelves for Clones man good stuff. Im subscribed

Hey Dutty! Thanks for your interest, means a lot. I keep a daily tab on your journal. Love what you have going on.

This journal got off to a bit of a rough start. I had to learn the hard way that I can't, because of my situation and equipment, grow veg in the same room as my flowers. Should have thought that one through a little better. Lost 3 seeds to that mistake but oh well. I'm thankful my other thread is close to harvest. So I have something to bring a smile to my face.

New environment and new vegging shelves. I can grow each plant to about 12/14" before moving them. The shelves are a nice addition.

Stay medicated folks.

On the subject of indoor composting, look into a worm bin, traditional thermophilic composting will start to stink after awhile because it requires oxygen for the bacteria. Look at Bokashi, it is anaerobic, it ferments using Lacto bacillus which you can make at home. It's all online. Also research EM-1. Good luck on the new additions to the nursery bro.

Nice!
Holy shit 400w for veg? Big bushes in there!
My upper half of veg cabinet has 4x20w tubes and lower has 2x20w tubes.
image17277.jpg

Love this. Can you knock 2nd shelf out to give you more room. I did something similar in my pre veg.
DSC_15073.JPG

Ok well things are rough. But I've moved the veg area to a different part of my house. It was too hot and too dry in the cabinet. And the cabinet is to damn big to move around the house on my own so, I've made a little spot out of a convienient cupboard in the basement. It's a lot cooler and there more moisture in the air. Here's hoping. I've also watered with distilled water to see if that's an issue. I've never had water problems before but why not eliminate all the factors I can.

I also started an indoor compost bin so I can begin creating my own soil for maximum results.
image17698.jpg
image17699.jpg
image17700.jpg

As always thanks for the love.

Love it

If I knocked out a shelf I would have less room (half as much)not more. These plants are plenty big enough. Here are the top shelf two now.
Unless you meant the tiny little shelf up top that was just a temp spot for seedlings. They are in bottom shelf now. But don't worry the little 80w upper shelf makes plants big enough for 6oz bloomed per plant.
image17923.jpg

If I knocked out a shelf I would have less room (half as much)not more. These plants are plenty big enough. Here are the top shelf two now.
Unless you meant the tiny little shelf up top that was just a temp spot for seedlings. They are in bottom shelf now. But don't worry the little 80w upper shelf makes plants big enough for 6oz bloomed per plant.
image17923.jpg

Just a friendly pointer your don, want anything between the light source and the plant, that reflective lenses over your Fluorescent tubes is good for dispersing visible light, but it blocks a whole bunch of goodness from reaching your clones. Remove that lense and make sure your tubes are in the Daylight Spectrum 5k to 10k but let me know if you find 10k in a tube ha ha.

Alright my friends! Beautiful news to share!

It looks like both of the new girls have popped up. Only 4 days. Not to bad. The other girls popped in 3. Oh well as long as everyone is happy and healthy.
image17964.jpg
image17966.jpg

I'm also excited to share with you the new goodies I've found! I decided to bite the bullet and walk into my local (30 minute drive) flower store. Because of some research I did before hand I knew they hand a hydroponic section that seemed extensive. Well, I was not disappointed. They had a huge selection of nutrients, soils, equipment and so much more!! I was overwhelmed and so thrilled to be in a new "toy" store. I wanted to touch everything! Before I had entered I was worried about how I was going to explain why I was there. Growing marijuana wouldn't be the most appropriate response. Much to my surprise the lady asked my if I needed help. I mentioned that this was my first time being here and that I thought I was ok. She handed me a pamphlet quickly explained the brand and left me be. She was so nice. When I was done (20 min later haha) I rang the bell and she asked if I was ok. And this what I bought.
image17965.jpg

It's going to cost me just under 200$ for all of the recommended Nutes but I got the first to for the veg and I'll get the rest as weeks go on....

What do you guys think?

How about the stressed out seedlings, did they make it? Or die? Or still on life support and hoping to pull through?

I don't know what's going on with them. They're neither dying or growing. They're just present. I'm not going to give up on them until they're dead. But I'm not going to do anything crazy to keep them alive. They're in 50% humidity watered with a spray bottle. That's about all I'm willing to do. All my focus is on harvest and these seedlings.

On a separate note. Do you think I should go full stength when I start the Nutes or a quarter strength?

Start off at a quarter, definitely not a half. Going half on a seedling or small cutting would definitely cause nutrient burn or kill them especially if you're using MG or a richer soil. Keep your PPMs at 100-300 depending on the stage of growth until they're actually able to uptake 1/2 or the full amount. Do a clean flush every other or every 2 nutrient feedings. It's easier to increase nutrients but it is always harder to flush them out. Realistically if you have decent soil you should only have to use clean water for the first 2 weeks or so.

How come it's going to cost you $200 bucks for nutes? Canadian prices more costly for nutes than in the US? I bought the whole basic Advanced Nutrients line from start to finish and it was only ~$170 tops and that stuff is typically more expensive because of their PH Perfect and the name. The stuff you have should last you a few veg cycles and you should only need 2 or 3 more/different types for flowering unless you're slamming them with aroma enhancers and things to make them swell. General Hydroponics has a Go Box Starter Kit that's only 40 bucks and it lasts you entirely through your veg and flower cycle with the added benefit of throwing in some of those key nutrients for size, smell, nutrient uptake, etc. Or their Flora Series Performance Pack has been pretty solid from what I hear, that's what I will be using in my Waterfarm hydro buckets Put your money towards better things like building a cabinet, better or more lights, soil or something. :thumb:

People get caught up on nutrients too much when using soil.

Start off at a quarter, definitely not a half. Going half on a seedling or small cutting would definitely cause nutrient burn or kill them especially if you're using MG or a richer soil. Keep your PPMs at 100-300 depending on the stage of growth until they're actually able to uptake 1/2 or the full amount. Do a clean flush every other or every 2 nutrient feedings. It's easier to increase nutrients but it is always harder to flush them out. Realistically if you have decent soil you should only have to use clean water for the first 2 weeks or so.

How come it's going to cost you $200 bucks for nutes? Canadian prices more costly for nutes than in the US? I bought the whole basic Advanced Nutrients line from start to finish and it was only ~$170 tops and that stuff is typically more expensive because of their PH Perfect and the name. The stuff you have should last you a few veg cycles and you should only need 2 or 3 more/different types for flowering unless you're slamming them with aroma enhancers and things to make them swell. General Hydroponics has a Go Box Starter Kit that's only 40 bucks and it lasts you entirely through your veg and flower cycle with the added benefit of throwing in some of those key nutrients for size, smell, nutrient uptake, etc. Or their Flora Series Performance Pack has been pretty solid from what I hear, that's what I will be using in my Waterfarm hydro buckets Put your money towards better things like building a cabinet, better or more lights, soil or something. :thumb:

People get caught up on nutrients too much when using soil.

Hey bro that's all solid advice and I'm going to definitly take it all into consideration.

Nutrients are something that I've never used and I'm ultimately not to familiar with. I grow with miracle grow and you don't need to add and extra nutrients to it. However it's all time released nutrients that are dispersed over time. Essentially based on how often you water it. Any additional nutrients could give instant burn. Nutrient burn - also something I'm not familiar with. (Because I don't add any). However, I'm down to my last bag of miracle grow. I've gotten to the point with my confidence and my expertise that I want more of not all the control over nutrients. So I'm looking at mixing my own soil. Even though I feel like I've done so well with miracle grow that I'm afraid to change.

As for the price. 200$ is a ball park. Start to finish including the 2 bottles I've got is about 170$ it's GreenPlanet Nutrients. There very well recognized and recommended. Plus it's what's offered locally here so I'm going to start using what's available.

Its always nice if you can read about others experience using the product but with some research you should be able to figure out if it is what you need. I would be taxing technical support if there is a number on the bottle. If you run into issues they may throw a bone your way jus for good measure.

Best chance I think is to use it as they direct, keep an eye on the PH and PPMs in the soil, one thing I have always found is that I can always use less than recommended. Main thing is make sure your soil has lots of breathing room air is so important.

Back
Top Bottom