In The Lab

Hey Doc. When should I give my fresh seedlings their first drench and spray of brix? They are 2 weeks old today.

What size containers are they in?

I generally wait till there are 5 sets of leaves to spray. You can certainly give them a light misting of Destress right now, especially if they aren't quite perfect.

As for drenches, how many times have they been watered? ARe you using my "veg" techinique and letting them dry out and then dunking and soaking them?

I have been top feeding lightly with water when I see that the soil has dried up significantly. I did transplant them into 2 gallon smart pots tonight just now. I dusted with roots and now. I'm deciding whether to give them straight water or a light dose of transplant.

They are all looking wonderful by the way, I just don't want that to change haha

I think I found what I needed
"Water All seeds, all newly transplanted clones and newly tranplanted vegging plants with 1/4 strength Tranpslant"

Where do I find reading on your "veg dunk tech"?

I have been top feeding lightly with water when I see that the soil has dried up significantly. I did transplant them into 2 gallon smart pots tonight just now. I dusted with roots and now. I'm deciding whether to give them straight water or a light dose of transplant.

They are all looking wonderful by the way, I just don't want that to change haha

I think I found what I needed
"Water All seeds, all newly transplanted clones and newly tranplanted vegging plants with 1/4 strength Tranpslant"

Where do I find reading on your "veg dunk tech"?

This very thread has all that information. It's in the first few pages.

From now on, let the containers dry out to where the plant is just beginning to wilt....then let the containers sit in water/drench until they are saturated. Hold them at an angle and let them drain....viola! You're now building roots, which is what we want.

You want the roots to WORK for moisture and you want to limit the plant's vertical growth as well as keep the leaves from becoming too plentiful. This is done by letting them dry out.

This is not what we do in Bloom! Read.

Doc, have you had a chance to do any of the final pruning in bloom? You mentioned a couple weeks ago you didn't have any plants at that stage (for pics), and I'd be really interested in seeing a before/after of how you do that process too.

I wish I was there helping y'all picking big fans then washing the buds and dry then trim all that beautiful sugar leaf into the Hi-Brix buds. I know your going to knock it out of the park in LA.:Namaste:

hey doc, it's been 3 days since the first cat dench and things are really dry. instructions say don't water in between cat, was hoping to get 5 days but no such luck. it's to early for the 2nd drench, so should I just give them a little top water?

hey doc, it's been 3 days since the first cat dench and things are really dry. instructions say don't water in between cat, was hoping to get 5 days but no such luck. it's to early for the 2nd drench, so should I just give them a little top water?

They must be growing really fast....give 'em enough to keep the soil barely moistened, and I like to keep it that way through bloom. Let them get dry on the bottom, but keep the top just a wee bit moistened so the whole pot needs to be watered, and put some down the top and the rest in a saucer. It really seems to work well.

So, posting well medicated......give em a tiny drink of water, then do the next Cat Drench when you do a real good soaking/drench.

doc, I have them under a platinum 600 and since I went into bloom they exploded. now that I gave them there first cat the buds have doubled in size, but seem to be sucking up the water. everything is lookin great and yes they got the recharge. i'll be using your kit till the day i'm gone. thanks for all your kindness and willing to share your knowledge.

Doc, as you can see from the counter, I don't post much, but I read alot. I have to say, I am in awe of your work and willingness to share with others, it is one of the reasons I am a member here. Anyway, I have some questions about your growing system, is it ok to ask them here?

Doc, as you can see from the counter, I don't post much, but I read alot. I have to say, I am in awe of your work and willingness to share with others, it is one of the reasons I am a member here. Anyway, I have some questions about your growing system, is it ok to ask them here?

We discuss everything except sales here. All sales related discussions are via email, off site.

I can tell you the basics:

My gear works very well, doesn't cost much if you recycle the soil (highly recommended) and is pretty easy to use, even for a first time grower.

If you've been been lurking and reading you know more than I did when I first started using my "kit."

Doc, or anyone else...have you ever grown with lights on the sides, surrounding the plants with light by shining on sides, also with a more powerful light on top so it grows up? What were results?
Only in my mind.....I think about stuff like that all the time. So far I've grown with the lights overhead on movers and in greenhouses. I really want to expand the latter....but the time is not now.

Back
Top Bottom