Indoor Durban Poison Clones In Coco, First Time Cloning & Using Coco

After a 4 day hang they all felt dry to the touch, I took some and put them in a container for 4 hours and the hygrometer stabilized at 59% humidity.
After cut and weight I have 72.21 grams or 2.5 ounces. I'm satisfied with that, with all the complications I had I am proud of my first harvest!

20191123_215224.jpg

These will get burped a few times a day for a week or 2 then once a day for another week.

Some people will be getting a gram or 2 in their Christmas stockings!

A huge thank you goes to everyone that helped throughout this grow, your comments, advice and friendship is valued and forever welcome in my future grows! It can only get better, I'm looking forward to the next run, I actually have 2 journals to document due to the beans that were gifted to me but due to the Canadian law (4 plant limit) I'll be dividing one of the journals into a few just to document his genetics and give credit where credit is due, so I'll see you all in the next few runs!

On with the show!

Congrats . That looks like a nice stash of sativa you have. Enjoy your spoils.
Thank you, we certainly will, the Mrs and I!

Aloha Canuckush!

For a first harvest those buds are killer. I wish my first harvest looked like anywhere near that! :rofl:

Once you get dialed in it’s smooth sailin’
:passitleft:

Aloha Canuckush!

For a first harvest those buds are killer. I wish my first harvest looked like anywhere near that! :rofl:

Once you get dialed in it’s smooth sailin’
Aloha and mahalo for those kind words! I'm liking coco over soil, especially since my first grow was in soil and it was a disaster! Getting it dialed in is my goal, to grow some large frosty colas and some great medication! Learn and grow!

These hygrometers are very close in settings, so far so good.
20191126_135415_HDR(2).jpg

They're all sitting at 60 - 61%.

20191130_142851.jpg

There's a ton of roots in this coco, how the heck can I get most of it out to reuse the coco?
Strainer of some sort?

20191130_141603.jpg

20191130_142337.jpg

20191130_142744.jpg

The joy of reusing coco.

Hmm I wonder if it matters if the little bits of roots left in the coco have any adverse effects. I figure they would just break down over time and become one with the coco :laugh:

Hmm I wonder if it matters if the little bits of roots left in the coco have any adverse effects. I figure they would just break down over time and become one with the coco :laugh:
My thoughts too, I'm just using my fingers and sifting through it and pulling out the bigger pieces of roots, I'll leave the tiny stuff in and hope it adds to the nutrients some how.

Hey Canuck, nice harvest mate!
Nothing like smoking your own buds.
I recycle my coco too.
Your doing it right. A product like Multizyme or similiar that dissolves the dead roots will help get rid of any stray roots. Enzymes dissolve dead roots.

I use a piece of heavy metal mesh and kind of strain it through that, over the bathtub get about 50-75% back and not too hard work.
Its a bit fiddly but you are recycling and thats great!
I recommend a flush with ph-ed water before the next use, just to get rid of any leftover nutes and residuals trapped in the coco.

Well done on the harvest champ.

Hey Canuck, nice harvest mate!
Nothing like smoking your own buds.
I recycle my coco too.
Your doing it right. A product like Multizyme or similiar that dissolves the dead roots will help get rid of any stray roots. Enzymes dissolve dead roots.

I use a piece of heavy metal mesh and kind of strain it through that, over the bathtub get about 50-75% back and not too hard work.
Its a bit fiddly but you are recycling and thats great!
I recommend a flush with ph-ed water before the next use, just to get rid of any leftover nutes and residuals trapped in the coco.

Well done on the harvest champ.
Thank you, I'll look for some for it, I did sift through it all, tedious, just tiny stuff left over, currently flushing it out with ph water, getting ready for 2 more plants.
I wonder how many times it can be reused?

Hey mate,
The coco will eventually breakdown until it gets finer, but takes ages. If you notice it getting a bit fine, just mix it in with new coco before use, or if its straight add 30% perlite for 70/30 coco...which will up the aeration in your coco.
My 70/30 coco is on third recycle, and still looks great.

Hey mate,
The coco will eventually breakdown until it gets finer, but takes ages. If you notice it getting a bit fine, just mix it in with new coco before use, or if its straight add 30% perlite for 70/30 coco...which will up the aeration in your coco.
My 70/30 coco is on third recycle, and still looks great.
That's great to know, thanks for that information!

Not a problem Canuck. :passitleft:
Sometimes my brain farts out something useful.
I been a coco grower for 10 years, with good nutrient line, including a range of beneficials, nothing beats it except DWC.
Im not much of a plumber see.... But I do like coconuts....

Not a problem Canuck. :passitleft:
Sometimes my brain farts out something useful.
I been a coco grower for 10 years, with good nutrient line, including a range of beneficials, nothing beats it except DWC.
Im not much of a plumber see.... But I do like coconuts....
Haha ok, thanks again, I hope I can run a couple in this next run and grow some great bud! My first harvest was ok, some day I'd like to knock one out of the park and grow some monster colas!

Happy growing buddy!

Aloha and mahalo for those kind words! I'm liking coco over soil, especially since my first grow was in soil and it was a disaster! Getting it dialed in is my goal, to grow some large frosty colas and some great medication! Learn and grow!
I believe we are on opposite ends on this one man, my first grow was Coco and now trying soil I love it , haven't watered in 12 days! :rofl::passitleft:

I believe we are on opposite ends on this one man, my first grow was Coco and now trying soil I love it , haven't watered in 12 days! :rofl::passitleft:
That's great B, I hear great things about growing in soil and super soil, glad that you are finding your niche in it, grow some killer buds buddy!
What I like about coco is that deficiencies are a bit easier to address, flush and start over, and no pests in the medium.
Onward and upward with the buds!

That's great B, I hear great things about growing in soil and super soil, glad that you are finding your niche in it, grow some killer buds buddy!
What I like about coco is that deficiencies are a bit easier to address, flush and start over, and no pests in the medium.
Onward and upward with the buds!
Hahah definitely got me there.. been waiting those 12 to water and correct a MG deficiency :rofl:
Appreciate the kind words, hoping for some canuckush quality sativa

@Dwight Monk this can be moved to completed journals, it's all been harvested and cured! Where does a smoke report go?

Back
Top Bottom