COCO DTW Multi-Feed White Widow GH Maxi CFL

Oh yeah...

When I mix the powdered nutes, I used hot (microwaved) water to dissolve the powder in a mason jar.

Its pretty hot and I dont want to put that in my rez soon after!

So I put the hot nutes/mason jar in the snow outside for a while. I add that to the rez after it has cooled ;-)

BP

Yeah, there is a little something that bothers me...

Big fan leaves, when I remove one and look at it under natural light... They are dark blue-green.
you can really see the blue shiny hue.

It's probably caused by a Phosphorus deficiency, but a see very little purple stems that usually go with P def.

The PH in my medium, from checking the runoff, was always 6.5 the whole grow.
Hadn't checked recently, but since yesterday, runoff comes out at 6.0, then 5.9x...
So it seems the medium PH is lower than it used to.

I gave a lot of nutes to this plant, and she's telling me to back off.
I lowered my nutes, so that may have an effect on this.

Anyway, the plant still look very good. But I like to address problems as soon as I see the beginning of one.
This time, I dont know. I'm trying to keep a good PH, that's all I can do.

Phosphorous PH charts are confusing. Soil and hydro are quite different. And different charts say either P is not well absorbed over 6.0, other says the contrary. So dunno. I used to aim for PH5.5-PH5.8... but since coco is not at 6.5 anymore, I'm aiming more for 5.8 and not lower.

Oh, did a mini-flush yesterday. That should help too.
Should be all fine...

Yeah, there is a little something that bothers me...

Big fan leaves, when I remove one and look at it under natural light... They are dark blue-green.
you can really see the blue shiny hue.

It's probably caused by a Phosphorus deficiency, but a see very little purple stems that usually go with P def.

The PH in my medium, from checking the runoff, was always 6.5 the whole grow.
Hadn't checked recently, but since yesterday, runoff comes out at 6.0, then 5.9x...
So it seems the medium PH is lower than it used to.

I gave a lot of nutes to this plant, and she's telling me to back off.
I lowered my nutes, so that may have an effect on this.

Anyway, the plant still look very good. But I like to address problems as soon as I see the beginning of one.
This time, I dont know. I'm trying to keep a good PH, that's all I can do.

Phosphorous PH charts are confusing. Soil and hydro are quite different. And different charts say either P is not well absorbed over 6.0, other says the contrary. So dunno. I used to aim for PH5.5-PH5.8... but since coco is not at 6.5 anymore, I'm aiming more for 5.8 and not lower.

Oh, did a mini-flush yesterday. That should help too.
Should be all fine...
According to the charter I have P and Mg come on at 5.8 and up ! Experimenting with it at this time!

First week of the second half of flowering... this is the part I find long and uneventful.

Here are some shots, from day 69, 34 after flip.

HPS light is ugly, so might as well play with some filters...

WW_Day_69d.JPG

WW_Day_69c.JPG

WW_Day_69b.JPG

WW_Day_69a.JPG

I think there is a relation between the measured runoff PH of my coco medium and the temperature of my Rez.

Citation : ...clearly evident when we measure the pH of water @ 0 deg C we find it to be 7.47, but the same water at 100 deg C will have a pH of 6.14 ! so there a definite correlation of pH and temperature .

In theory, if my rez is cold, measured PH is higher than if water was warmer. After watering, the water gets warmer in the growing medium, so PH would then be lower...

It is soon after I started using frozen water bottles to keep my rez colder that I noticed a change in grow medium runoff pH.
(Was stable 6.5... is now stable 6.0)

But there may be an other reason too... Water being colder, there is far less bacteria proliferation in my rez. The appearance of bacteria (smell) in my rez was always accompanied by a rise in PH. Maybe after watering, bacteria continued to rise PH in grow medium ?

Questions... questions... questions...

I dont have sufficient experience with enough strains... but

I just know that watching Netflix on an Indica dom... I (and wife) want to go to sleep 30 minutes into the first episode.
If having sex was in the plans... we both end up feeling too tired and postpone ;-(

That chart surprised me a little. I would have guessed more folks prefer Indica dominant than Sativa dominant.

I thought Sativa dominant and/or hybrids. But there are not a lot of responses to that poll.

Anyhow, best selling strains like White widow or Blue dream (Haze+blueberry), or green crack, or Herer, etc. are all hybrids more focused on a head high, less on body stone, I think.

I have never smoked Indicas like Northern Lights...
but I plan to try that once a friend gives me a sample (around march-april).

I probably smoked pure Sativas (columbian, mexican...) in the 80's, but it's no surprise, I dont remember much of the 80's ;-)

P.S.: If you can find a Sativa dom strain with some good level of CBD, it'd probably taper off what you may like less with Sativas. I'm thinking RQS Royal Highness (14% thc/~cbd)...

When I was browsing for my last purchase, it seemed that a lot of the popular new strains are indica dominant. Like all of the sherbert/gelato/banana/strawberry/zkittles kind of strains....with descriptions such as 'relaxing' or 'good for insomnia or pain relief'.

You're right, I'd probably like a Sativa dom with high CBD - to take the edge off the racing mind trip I tend to get.

Back
Top Bottom