Babygirl’s Sour Livers DWC Hydro Grow Journal, November 2021

You need a new provider ma'am lol that sounds all too complicated for just some internet connectivity...sheesh
Only have two on the Shore - and the other sux big time; hubby thinks the issue is the new router they sent us because this wasn't an issue until we “upgraded” the router :rolleyes:

diluted the res from 1300 ppm down to 800 and it climed the rest of that week to a total of about 880 as the water level continued to drop so I assumed she was happy with that level
Just curious as theyre same aged, pretty same sized and basicly having a same growth phase. So how much your lady roughly drinks per 24h?

she drank ANOTHER quart overnight,
the answear was too close :D

I considered adding enough calmag to bring the PPM back to 900, but wasnt sure if I should or not so I left well enough alone.
I think that’d be no problemo. But if you want to be 100% sure then I’d just add it first when doing the res change.

Feels a bit odd when Im currently not using any Cal/Mag supplements and she looks doing great.
Ghe’s soft water micro has 6% ca on it but I think my max ppm for Ca sor far has been 90-100ppm.

the answear was too close :D

I think that’d be no problemo. But if you want to be 100% sure then I’d just add it first when doing the res change.

Feels a bit odd when Im currently not using any Cal/Mag supplements and she looks doing great.
Ghe’s soft water micro has 6% ca on it but I think my max ppm for Ca sor far has been 90-100ppm.
Oh I ALWAYS put the calmag in first when mixing my nutes for a res change; I just dont know the best way to add just calmag BETWEEN res changes ;)

Her ppms now sit at 720 from the addition of the ph’d water. I considered adding enough calmag to bring the PPM back to 900, but wasnt sure if I should or not so I left well enough alone.
If it was my reservoir, :)
I would not add just CalMag unless I saw an issue with Ca or Mg def. It’s impossible to know from just changes in ppm what she is actually taking in. If the amount of K in the reservoir is decreasing (from consumption), you could get the K:Ca ratio out of wack and start to see K def.

I think it’s better to just let it ride with additions of water and pH adjustments until you feel that she has eaten enough to warrant a reservoir change.

I would not add just CalMag unless I saw an issue with Ca or Mg def. It’s impossible to know from just changes in ppm what she is actually taking in. If the amount of K in the reservoir is decreasing (from consumption), you could get the K:Ca ratio out of wack and start to see K def.

I think it’s better to just let it ride with additions of water and pH adjustments until you feel that she has eaten enough to warrant a reservoir change.
Thanks for verifying my suspicions ;) !

Looking good
Thank you Jack!

Catching up on your lettuce Livers! Well done repairing the break in that branch, and personally I use toothpicks along with tape all the time on the supercrops I do a bit too aggressively. :)

As the plant grows, the tape can get restrictive, so you might want to take it off after a week and re-wrap it. If it never actually completely heals it might need support in flower. It's no fun to have a big cola snap a branch you thought was all well and good. :eek:

so once in a while he rubs off on me ;)
I found it really hard to believe I was the only one to Haha that post!

Catching up on your lettuce Livers! Well done repairing the break in that branch, and personally I use toothpicks along with tape all the time on the supercrops I do a bit too aggressively. :)

As the plant grows, the tape can get restrictive, so you might want to take it off after a week and re-wrap it. If it never actually completely heals it might need support in flower. It's no fun to have a big cola snap a branch you thought was all well and good. :eek:

I found it really hard to believe I was the only one to Haha that post!
:) Thanks Shed - I really thought I killed that branch … I may have to keep a stash of toothpicks alongside the medical tape on top of the tent *lol*

Only have two on the Shore - and the other sux big time; hubby thinks the issue is the new router they sent us because this wasn't an issue until we “upgraded” the router :rolleyes:
BG, it could be worse. Out here on the Louisa side of Lake Anna, we have no high speed. For the house, we have a provider that uses local towers. It is very slow and loses the connection often. I tele-commute using a verizon jetpack that works pretty good most of the time. Fridays in the summer, not so much :(

That said, the county has promised high-speed to everyone in the next 4-5 years. I'm not holding my breath, though.

BG, it could be worse. Out here on the Louisa side of Lake Anna, we have no high speed. For the house, we have a provider that uses local towers. It is very slow and loses the connection often. I tele-commute using a verizon jetpack that works pretty good most of the time. Fridays in the summer, not so much :(

That said, the county has promised high-speed to everyone in the next 4-5 years. I'm not holding my breath, though.
Ouch - that would blow donkey doodads! (God I love Lake Anna!)

Heya Felipe! Whats a decent K:Ca ratio to maintain for example when calculating and making a new res?

To keep things in harmony, res needs to have more Ca than P, so whats the deal when P&K values needs to be bumped up, if K:Ca ratio has an important role as well?

Heya Felipe! Whats a decent K:Ca ratio to maintain for example when calculating and making a new res?

To keep things in harmony, res needs to have more Ca than P, so whats the deal when P&K values needs to be bumped up, if K:Ca ratio has an important role as well?
From my research, I think it’s best to try for about a 2K:1Ca ratio.

From the results of the trials @farside05 is running, P does not need to be over 30 ppm - even in flower. I suggest that anyone who still thinks that P needs to be boosted during flowering read his journal in its entirety.

Back
Top Bottom